Jump to content

03/08/2020 7:30 EDT Detroit Pistons vs New York Knicks


Casimir
 Share

Recommended Posts

BetMGM Michigan $600 Risk-Free bet

BetMGM Michigan Sports Betting
Michigan online sports betting is now available! Start betting at BetMGM Michigan now and get a $600 risk-free bet bonus at their online sportsbook & casino.

Claim $600 risk-free bet at BetMGM Michigan Now

31 minutes ago, kdog said:

I would fire Casey(never happening) and bring in Atkinson to develop the young players.

Same.  And I agree it will never happen.

If Leon Rose wants to get off to a good start he should fire Mike "Not that Mike Miller" Miller and hire Atkinson immediately.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Same.  And I agree it will never happen.

If Leon Rose wants to get off to a good start he should fire Mike "Not that Mike Miller" Miller and hire Atkinson immediately.  

Agree 100%. Casey doesn't seem skilled at motivating and developing the young guys

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It will hurt, especially the playoffs, but you can't really put a dollar value on it right now.  A Bucks-Jazz final will be a much cheaper ticket than something like Lakers-Celtics.  

They are the extreme example, but Golden State was grossing $15M per playoff game just in ticket sales. So yeah, it will hurt.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Sydney_Fife said:

Huge loss. 17 more hopefully. It's really starting to become a reality that this franchise has a legitimate shot at the first pick.

Pistons have one of the toughest schedules remaining in the NBA and have been the worst team in the NBA since trading Drummond and buying out Jackson/Morris.

I'd say anything less than a top 3 pick would be terrible luck at this point. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Buddha said:

i thought casey was known for developing young players?  siakem?

A lot of people who doubt Casey believe that Nurse was the one who implemented the entire offense, made all changes and developed players in Toronto. Any positive changes were supposedly forced by Masai & Nurse.

In reality, people around the NBA respect Casey as exactly the kind of guy you want on a rebuilding team - tough, transparent, respected by the players and runs a tight ship. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, 313DetroitCity said:

A lot of people who doubt Casey believe that Nurse was the one who implemented the entire offense, made all changes and developed players in Toronto. Any positive changes were supposedly forced by Masai & Nurse.

In reality, people around the NBA respect Casey as exactly the kind of guy you want on a rebuilding team - tough, transparent, respected by the players and runs a tight ship. 

that's what i remember.  he had a reputation of working well with younger players.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Casey is garbage.  But he's our garbage with 3 years left on his deal.  

What specifically makes him "garbage" in developing young players? Seems to me his teams have just about performed to their talent level for his coaching career in Toronto and Detroit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, 313DetroitCity said:

Pistons have one of the toughest schedules remaining in the NBA and have been the worst team in the NBA since trading Drummond and buying out Jackson/Morris.

I'd say anything less than a top 3 pick would be terrible luck at this point. 

The odds favor them drafting outside of the top 3 even if they finish last, actually drafting 5th is most likely if they finish last. The top 3 all have equal odds of winning the lottery and the odds slowly drop after that.

In other words, tanking doesn't matter that much with the new draft lottery structure.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Buddha said:

i thought casey was known for developing young players?  siakem?

DeRozan, revived Lowry's career. I'm not much of a Casey fan but he laid the foundation for what the Raptors are today. I just don't think he's a great systems coach or a guy who can take your team to the next level. Seems like a pretty good developmental coach though.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

Michigan Sports Betting Offer

Michigan launched online sports betting and casino apps on Friday, January 22, 2021. We have selected the top Michigan sportsbooks and casinos that offer excellent bonus offers. Terms and conditions apply.

BetRivers Michigan - Get a 100% up to $250 deposit bonus at their online sportsbook & casino.

Click Here to claim $250 deposit bonus at BetRivers Michigan For Signing Up Now

FanDuel Michigan - Get a $1,000 risk-free bet at FanDuel Michigan on your first bet.

Click Here to claim $1,000 Risk-Free Bet at FanDuel Michigan

BetMGM Michigan - Get a $600 risk-free bet at the BetMGM online casino & sportsbook

Click Here to claim $600 risk-free bet at BetMGM Michigan

   


×
×
  • Create New...