Jump to content
chasfh

Coronavirus: Coming to a Neighborhood Near You?

Recommended Posts

Ha ha ha, good luck enforcing this one smoothly.

"I don't have to wear a ****ing mask in here! My governor says I don't!"

Of course, when your governor told you you had to, you didn't listen to him then, did you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BetMGM Michigan $600 Risk-Free bet

BetMGM Michigan Sports Betting
Michigan online sports betting is now available! Start betting at BetMGM Michigan now and get a $600 risk-free bet bonus at their online sportsbook & casino.

Claim $600 risk-free bet at BetMGM Michigan Now

8 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Ha ha ha, good luck enforcing this one smoothly.

"I don't have to wear a ****ing mask in here! My governor says I don't!"

Of course, when your governor told you you had to, you didn't listen to him then, did you?

Some won't, but I would think most people will still wear masks if the store requires it and has clear signs at the store entrance.  Texas is not Massachusetts though, so I might be naive.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can only speculate here, but if they removed mask mandate here in michigan, but stores still tried to keep it, many people would not comply with the store rules, and the poor sap in charge of enforcing it (if there even was one) would let it slide.  

I've seen people willfully ignore it when posted on the door of a gas station, and in fact the person also took the opportunity to not wear shoes into the gas station too.   Maybe he realized how much freedom he didn't have because of no shoes/no shirt/no service too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, pfife said:

I can only speculate here, but if they removed mask mandate here in michigan, but stores still tried to keep it, many people would not comply with the store rules, and the poor sap in charge of enforcing it (if there even was one) would let it slide.  

I've seen people willfully ignore it when posted on the door of a gas station, and in fact the person also took the opportunity to not wear shoes into the gas station too.   Maybe he realized how much freedom he didn't have because of no shoes/no shirt/no service too.

I have a neighbor who absolutely refuses to wear a mask. He insists they don't stop the spread. And he has a masters degree. Overeducated and lacking in common sense. It's a shame too, he always seemed like a good guy. But he's been shunned by the entire neighborhood. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Ha ha ha, good luck enforcing this one smoothly.

"I don't have to wear a ****ing mask in here! My governor says I don't!"

Of course, when your governor told you you had to, you didn't listen to him then, did you?

In the beginning of the mask wearing, before the mandate, many places were hiring off duty police officers as door security.  They may have to do that again.  Our Sam’s Club still has an officer at the door.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hongbit said:

Having to wear a mask all the time was actually a great thing in the winter.  Kept the face warm outside.   

As someone that wears glasses, this has been tough for me in the winter. My glasses don’t have the nose pads either, so I can’t use those to clamp the top of the mask down. My glasses fog up almost instantly, and I haven’t found any way to keep it from happening outside when it’s cold. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ROMAD1 said:

Leadership matters. 

Good leadership matters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, pfife said:

I can only speculate here, but if they removed mask mandate here in michigan, but stores still tried to keep it, many people would not comply with the store rules, and the poor sap in charge of enforcing it (if there even was one) would let it slide.  

Honestly, that's how we ended up with statewide mandates in the first place. They tried to leave it to the local (or even business) level, and it was a disaster. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sports_Freak said:

But to open up 100% and remove mask mandates is a recipe for disaster.

Its Texas.  They don't need any other states' advice or help with anything.  Anything at all.  The power grid, as an example.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, tigerbomb13 said:

As someone that wears glasses, this has been tough for me in the winter. My glasses don’t have the nose pads either, so I can’t use those to clamp the top of the mask down. My glasses fog up almost instantly, and I haven’t found any way to keep it from happening outside when it’s cold. 

Contacts.  Making the switch a few years ago was one of the best things I’ve ever done. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

Contacts.  Making the switch a few years ago was one of the best things I’ve ever done. 

I tried contacts and they didn't work for me.  They were uncomfortable.  I could feel them in there all the time and I was always afraid of losing them which I eventually did.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, tigerbomb13 said:

As someone that wears glasses, this has been tough for me in the winter. My glasses don’t have the nose pads either, so I can’t use those to clamp the top of the mask down. My glasses fog up almost instantly, and I haven’t found any way to keep it from happening outside when it’s cold. 

I have trouble with that too.  It would be dangerous to wear a mask running or hiking.  I always wear one indoors.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, tigerbomb13 said:

As someone that wears glasses, this has been tough for me in the winter. My glasses don’t have the nose pads either, so I can’t use those to clamp the top of the mask down. My glasses fog up almost instantly, and I haven’t found any way to keep it from happening outside when it’s cold. 

Yes, I get the same problem - fortunately I can see perfectly well without glasses, it's just not as comfortable as I'd like.

I have found that breathing out through the mouth helps a little, but it's still crap and I end up with them on top of my head half the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really only need my glasses fro reading. I’ve found that if I wear them farther down on the bridge of my nose they tend to work until I really need them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, CMRivdog said:

I really only need my glasses fro reading. I’ve found that if I wear them farther down on the bridge of my nose they tend to work until I really need them

Yeah - but that doesn't help as much for those of us who use varifocals...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Casimir said:

Good leadership matters.

The light brigade had leadership.  It mattered that it was turrible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Blue Square Thing said:

Yes, I get the same problem - fortunately I can see perfectly well without glasses, it's just not as comfortable as I'd like.

I have found that breathing out through the mouth helps a little, but it's still crap and I end up with them on top of my head half the time.

If mouth breathing helps, not sure why Trumpers have such a problem with masks. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
David Eggert
 
@DavidEggert00
· 49m
BREAKING: Michigan announces all people age 50-64 can be vaccinated against COVID-19 starting March 22. Beginning March 8, those within that 50-64 group with medical conditions or disabilities are eligible. So are family caregivers of kids with special health needs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was working out indoors at a class a few weeks ago and readjusted my mask as it was folded funny and took it off to fix it... as i lay there on my mat doing that I saw a guy up on top on the track walking around and I briefly thought "this must be what a female feels like when she's on the beach and realizes her bikini top is misaligned and she's exposing a nipple".  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:
David Eggert
 
@DavidEggert00
· 49m
BREAKING: Michigan announces all people age 50-64 can be vaccinated against COVID-19 starting March 22. Beginning March 8, those within that 50-64 group with medical conditions or disabilities are eligible. So are family caregivers of kids with special health needs.

That's good news but I also wonder about the people I know now that are still struggling to get on waitlists.... by saying March 22 that means they expect the increase in doses over the next 2 weeks go help them with that.  But I get the frustration if there's people out there who are in their 60's and still doing everything they can to get a shot and suddenly seeing it expand.  You want shots in arms, as many as possible, but it can be stressful.  I hope they start to include PCP on this with J&J.  They can do a lot to reach people.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Oblong said:

That's good news but I also wonder about the people I know now that are still struggling to get on waitlists.... by saying March 22 that means they expect the increase in doses over the next 2 weeks go help them with that.  But I get the frustration if there's people out there who are in their 60's and still doing everything they can to get a shot and suddenly seeing it expand.  You want shots in arms, as many as possible, but it can be stressful.  I hope they start to include PCP on this with J&J.  They can do a lot to reach people.  

My mom is 66 with a lot of issues that was make here immuno-compromised (asthma, high blood pressure, diabetes) and she hasn’t had any luck yet. My dad got his first shot last week through Meijer. He put his name in about a week before she did, so I’m hoping she hears something soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My mom and dad both got their first shots and reported very little to no side effects.  My understanding is the better your immune system the more it attacks it and the worse you feel.  They both were fine through the whole thing.  My mom tried to get hers when she took my dad, but his was the last dose in the vial and the last of the day.  If they cracked a new one they would have had to try and scramble to get 9 more people in at the end of the day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Michigan Sports Betting Offer

Michigan launched online sports betting and casino apps on Friday, January 22, 2021. We have selected the top Michigan sportsbooks and casinos that offer excellent bonus offers. Terms and conditions apply.

BetRivers Michigan - Get a 100% up to $250 deposit bonus at their online sportsbook & casino.

Click Here to claim $250 deposit bonus at BetRivers Michigan For Signing Up Now

FanDuel Michigan - Get a $1,000 risk-free bet at FanDuel Michigan on your first bet.

Click Here to claim $1,000 Risk-Free Bet at FanDuel Michigan

BetMGM Michigan - Get a $600 risk-free bet at the BetMGM online casino & sportsbook

Click Here to claim $600 risk-free bet at BetMGM Michigan

   


×
×
  • Create New...