Jump to content
chasfh

Coronavirus: Coming to a Neighborhood Near You?

Recommended Posts

I like how she says those are questions they should ask every other governor. Noem should be asking every other governor that question because they all handled it better than she did. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BetMGM Michigan $600 Risk-Free bet

BetMGM Michigan Sports Betting
Michigan online sports betting is now available! Start betting at BetMGM Michigan now and get a $600 risk-free bet bonus at their online sportsbook & casino.

Claim $600 risk-free bet at BetMGM Michigan Now

1 minute ago, Motown Bombers said:

I like how she says those are questions they should ask every other governor. Noem should be asking every other governor that question because they all handled it better than she did. 

It would be like having 5 superbowls and not limiting attendance and inviting attendees to not give a flying f about masks.

So, yeah...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Way back when, almost a year ago, when the mask mandate in MI went into effect I never forget seeing the guy in the gas station picking up his skoal, sunglasses upside down wrapped around the bill of his hat complaining to the cashier about it... "What about my personal ******* freedom dude?"

I figured that would just be the rare exception.

that has become a catchphrase in my house. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Oblong said:

Way back when, almost a year ago, when the mask mandate in MI went into effect I never forget seeing the guy in the gas station picking up his skoal, sunglasses upside down wrapped around the bill of his hat complaining to the cashier about it... "What about my personal ******* freedom dude?"

I figured that would just be the rare exception.

that has become a catchphrase in my house. 

That archetype is all too common.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/28/2021 at 7:15 AM, Oblong said:

Oregon seems to be one of the better states in all of this. Always bear the bottom in numbers and near the top in VAX. 

Socialist hellhole. 😏

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, chasfh said:

Socialist hellhole. 😏

pretty much. well, except for the places outside of Portland and Eugene.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Oblong said:

Way back when, almost a year ago, when the mask mandate in MI went into effect I never forget seeing the guy in the gas station picking up his skoal, sunglasses upside down wrapped around the bill of his hat complaining to the cashier about it... "What about my personal ******* freedom dude?"

I figured that would just be the rare exception.

that has become a catchphrase in my house. 

I remember around a year ago right before schools cancelled that my wife and I were talking about it, and I guessed that schools would be closed for around a month (most schools had a week tucked in there for spring break already) and then things would get back to normal.  And then the NCAA basketball tournament was cancelled (not postponed, outright cancelled) and I read up a bit on the Spanish flu and then decided all bets were off.

Wow, its been a whole year already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Casimir said:

I remember around a year ago right before schools cancelled that my wife and I were talking about it, and I guessed that schools would be closed for around a month (most schools had a week tucked in there for spring break already) and then things would get back to normal.  And then the NCAA basketball tournament was cancelled (not postponed, outright cancelled) and I read up a bit on the Spanish flu and then decided all bets were off.

Wow, its been a whole year already.

But I also remember, at the time, all the "experts" saying any possible vaccines were years down the road. Can you imagine if we were still waiting? I think things may have opened up in the hopes of herd immunity. And then we started hearing about long haulers....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had my second shot (Pfizer) on Saturday.  Felt pretty good the rest of the day, and was almost bragging about “no second shot issues!”

.... and then..... Sunday. About 24 hours after the shot, it snuck up on me. Extreme aches - not just in the shot arm, but whole body - every single joint. On and off headache and chills. And no energy... so, so tired.

However, when I woke up this morning, back to normal (just the “regular” “old as dirt” aches & pains).

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gave blood a few weeks ago and here’s the proof in my antibody test. 
 

 

9F34DC84-3DE2-4FA1-ACC5-4BCD30CA3307.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

www.detroitnews.com

So the Michigan HHS director was either fired or resigned, and we gave him money to go away, that's awesome.  Plus a confidentiality agreement, sounds like transparent government to me.

  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Separation agreements are common among private business executives and sometimes among government officials, and they often include financial payouts, non-disparagement clauses and legal protections, according to experts.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm, wonder if it was Whitmer(R) instead of Whitmer (D), you'd be quoting this part from the article

Quote

Totten, Whitmer's chief legal counsel, floated the idea of an "executive separation agreement" soon after the governor accepted Gordon's resignation, according to emails obtained by The Detroit News.

I want a job where I can tell a boss, hey, I know that person resigned, but here me out.  Let's pay him to do what he was willing to do for free, walk away.  We'll just add a little caveat that he can't sue us.  Wonder what made the chief legal counsel think/worry about that?

And yes, in private business, it's more common.  In private business, if an executive member isn't doing great and is fired, he can take his talents (aka insider knowledge) to a competitor.  So to help protect against that, you give him a parting gift that adds some restrictions.  This here, doesn't add up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interestingly, I wonder if it were whitmer (R) you wouldn't be posting the article in the first place 

You seem to not like your article being quoted to you, that's weird

it's also shocking the detnews buried that part I quoted well into the story.  Ok it's actually not shocking whatsoever because its detnews 

at least they admitted somewhere in the article that they were in he manufactroversy business on this one.  I'm not sure why I'm compelled to treat it as something different when even the authors are admitting it but I'm supposed to just ignore the article you posted I guess

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HMMM one can only wonder if this Republican legislator would feel different if it was Whitmer (R)?  Anyone hazard a guess on this one?

Quote

But state Rep. Matt Hall, R-Marshall, who chaired the Michigan House Oversight Committee last term, said he was "stunned" by the separation agreement. The lawmaker said he had grave concerns about the use of government funds to prevent taxpayers from knowing what was behind Gordon's departure.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ewsieg said:

www.detroitnews.com

So the Michigan HHS director was either fired or resigned, and we gave him money to go away, that's awesome.  Plus a confidentiality agreement, sounds like transparent government to me.

Since someone was confused, i'll spell it out

* One of Whitmer's campaign promises was government transparency

* She directs agencies to do just that, but than fails to see if they are actually doing it.

* Covid hits and since there is an emergency, it's just too difficult to be even pretend to be transparent.  Don't worry about what they're doing right now, before you know it everything will go back to being transparent.  That's what all the non-fascist democrats I know say all the time.  

* Whitmer hires a lawyer with experience in the office of management and budget to lead Health and Human Services.  In hindsight, wonder if someone with a certain set of skills would have been helpful in that agency.

* He resigns, which based on his role you'd think would be important, and Whitmer isn't candid at all about it.  Which if she was all about transparency, based on what we know now, she could have simply said "Due to a confidentiality agreement, which is very common in private sector and has happened in the public sector, I am not at liberty to answer that, X is my new director and I will answer any questions related to X's role".

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, pfife said:

HMMM one can only wonder if this Republican legislator would feel different if it was Whitmer (R)?  Anyone hazard a guess on this one?

I think both of us know the answer on that.  I mean, I guess there is a chance if we spun a 'republican' wheel of any/all politicians in the last 5 years we could win the lotto with a Kinzinger or Amash.  The difference is, i'm not trying to say there is a difference, regardless if there is a (D) or an (R) and it would be nice if all were scrutinized equally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, smr-nj said:

Had my second shot (Pfizer) on Saturday.  Felt pretty good the rest of the day, and was almost bragging about “no second shot issues!”

.... and then..... Sunday. About 24 hours after the shot, it snuck up on me. Extreme aches - not just in the shot arm, but whole body - every single joint. On and off headache and chills. And no energy... so, so tired.

However, when I woke up this morning, back to normal (just the “regular” “old as dirt” aches & pains).

Second shot was a breeze.  Just some sleepiness. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heard an incredible number about South Dakota.  One sixth of the population had DIED from COVID19. 

Kristi Gnome is an airhead

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 out of 468 people in South Dakota died from Covid.  That is nowhere close to one sixth.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

1 out of 468 people in South Dakota died from Covid.  That is nowhere close to one sixth.  

Indeed the total is 112k cases.  Deaths are 1888.   So, i would gather its 1/6th got COVID.  Garble.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ROMAD1 said:

Indeed the total is 112k cases.  Deaths are 1888.   So, i would gather its 1/6th got COVID.  Garble.

and the actual number of cases is undoubtedly many times higher but most were never captured in the tally - either sick but not enough to go get tested or asymptomatic. The government of SD may be moronic, but luckily the virus infecting individuals doesn't make its decisions based on that.  Governmental and public health incompetence directly drives case rates, but it only affects the  true case fatality rate at the point where medical resources overload is reached.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Indiana 7 day/daily positivity rate avg dropped to 830. They are also offering vaccine to 55 and older starting today. I just went onto the website to see how long the wait is. If you schedule today you can get your 1st shot March 13th. The rollout here has been impressive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw this in a Facebook group I'm in. Exhibit 4378282 why we are so bad at this. 

52229F90-6F7A-4444-9E80-9332321A1738.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

and the actual number of cases is undoubtedly many times higher but most were never captured in the tally - either sick but not enough to go get tested or asymptomatic. The government of SD may be moronic, but luckily the virus infecting individuals doesn't make its decisions based on that.

Luckily?  Kind of would be cool if it could target folks without masks.  I know you're not supposed to say it, but we all wish for that, at least a bit.  

Some more optimistic news though, Biden is set to announce partnership between Merck and J&J.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Michigan Sports Betting Offer

Michigan launched online sports betting and casino apps on Friday, January 22, 2021. We have selected the top Michigan sportsbooks and casinos that offer excellent bonus offers. Terms and conditions apply.

BetRivers Michigan - Get a 100% up to $250 deposit bonus at their online sportsbook & casino.

Click Here to claim $250 deposit bonus at BetRivers Michigan For Signing Up Now

FanDuel Michigan - Get a $1,000 risk-free bet at FanDuel Michigan on your first bet.

Click Here to claim $1,000 Risk-Free Bet at FanDuel Michigan

BetMGM Michigan - Get a $600 risk-free bet at the BetMGM online casino & sportsbook

Click Here to claim $600 risk-free bet at BetMGM Michigan

   


×
×
  • Create New...