Jump to content
ROMAD1

Directions and Objectives For A Future Mainstream Party

Recommended Posts

On 2/3/2021 at 4:01 PM, mtutiger said:

Cowardice

Or shrewdness?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BetMGM Michigan $600 Risk-Free bet

BetMGM Michigan Sports Betting
Michigan online sports betting is now available! Start betting at BetMGM Michigan now and get a $600 risk-free bet bonus at their online sportsbook & casino.

Claim $600 risk-free bet at BetMGM Michigan Now

On 2/3/2021 at 4:18 PM, CMRivdog said:

They had no problem taking committee assignments from Steve King. She must know where the bodies are buried

Or Steve King was simply ahead of his time.

How much you wanna bet against him running again and winning?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, chasfh said:

With 28 states working to restrict voting among Democrats, they have better than a good chance.

That won't hurt them as much as it should.  The corporate shift to the Dems will though.  At some point the Rs will run out of My Pillow and WWE money.

sorry, by "them" i mean the GOP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ROMAD1 said:

That won't hurt them as much as it should.  The corporate shift to the Dems will though.  At some point the Rs will run out of My Pillow and WWE money.

sorry, by "them" i mean the GOP.

Corporations go where the money goes, and the money goes where the people go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Corporations go where the money goes, and the money goes where the people go.

Have you been watching commercials during the Trump era?  Whoever is approving ads for these corporations are deliberately making choices that the Trump racists hate (i.e., interacial and gay couples). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Or Steve King was simply ahead of his time.

How much you wanna bet against him running again and winning?

I mean, he lost his primary after losing his committee assignments last year. 

Safe to say his career is over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mtutiger said:

I mean, he lost his primary after losing his committee assignments last year. 

Safe to say his career is over.

With Nazi-tinged QAnon ascendant in the Republican Party, I don't think that's as safe a bet as you think it is. But then again, I'm Mr. Alarmist Non-sense of 2017, so what do I know, amirite?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

has an opposing party ever removed another party's committee member before?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does she even care if she's removed from committee? She didn't actually decide to run and go to Washington to actually legislate did she? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Does she even care if she's removed from committee? She didn't actually decide to run and go to Washington to actually legislate did she? 

I hope she doesn't lobby to get on the special committee for insurrection and sedition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Buddha said:

has an opposing party ever removed another party's committee member before?

I would guess not. In Hoyer's presentation he kept referring to it being unprecedented and then pointing up all the unprecedented ways in which MTG had earned it - so that part seems to square.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

I would guess not. In Hoyer's presentation he kept referring to it being unprecedented and then pointing up all the unprecedented ways in which MTG had earned it - so that part seems to square.

given the rogues gallery of members of congress over the years, i doubt that she is unprecedented.

they have chosen this instance to change the precedent.  whether you think that's justified is up to you, i guess.

i doubt anyone here agrees with her on anything, but should she be dismissed along a party line vote by the other party?  that's a dangerous precedent, imo.

otoh, to oblong's earlier point, she may be uniquely bad and have earned this particular rebuke.

at the end of the day, in my opinion, this is the result of the republicans failure to take care of their own house.  as with many things that have happened recently, its a failure of the republicans to observe overall norms that have resulted in the democrats breaking norms to counter the republicans' initial action or inaction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Buddha said:

given the rogues gallery of members of congress over the years, i doubt that she is unprecedented.

they have chosen this instance to change the precedent.  whether you think that's justified is up to you, i guess.

i doubt anyone here agrees with her on anything, but should she be dismissed along a party line vote by the other party?  that's a dangerous precedent, imo.

otoh, to oblong's earlier point, she may be uniquely bad and have earned this particular rebuke.

at the end of the day, in my opinion, this is the result of the republicans failure to take care of their own house.  as with many things that have happened recently, its a failure of the republicans to observe overall norms that have resulted in the democrats breaking norms to counter the republicans' initial action or inaction.

things like a bullet to the head of the speaker cross a lot of lines I really doubt have been crossed often - at least since the Civil War.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

and I'll reiterate that I wouldn't worry about setting a precedent because the republicans will do it without a precedent.  Might as well punch now because either way you will get punched later on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Buddha said:

otoh, to oblong's earlier point, she may be uniquely bad and have earned this particular rebuke.

DING DING DING!

We have a winner.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

things like a bullet to the head of the speaker cross a lot of lines I really doubt have been crossed often - at least since the Civil War.

That's exactly what she's fighting since this Trumpism is just a new name for the Confederacy.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

things like a bullet to the head of the speaker cross a lot of lines I really doubt have been crossed often - at least since the Civil War.

Yep. If there was ever a red line to cross, liking the speaker of the house to be assassinated would be one of them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Oblong said:

and I'll reiterate that I wouldn't worry about setting a precedent because the republicans will do it without a precedent.  Might as well punch now because either way you will get punched later on.

Pretty much. Which by way of segue is why as soon as the Covid relief push is over the next priority has to be voting rights and voting reform - else this will be a short recovery for small d democracy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

That's exactly what she's fighting since this Trumpism is just a new name for the Confederacy.   

It's an amazingly strong correlation after 160 years isn't it?  Some decay on the coast with NC and Virginia having traded places politically with Ohio/Ky.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well, the best political play for the democrats is to keep her front and center and in the news every chance they get.  if she's the face of the republican party, the democrats will be very very happy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Buddha said:

well, the best political play for the democrats is to keep her front and center and in the news every chance they get.  if she's the face of the republican party, the democrats will be very very happy.

She might run for President in 2024.    If a musician's n-word video causes sales to skyrocket, she won't have any problems raising money.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Buddha said:

... i doubt anyone here agrees with her on anything, but should she be dismissed along a party line vote by the other party?  that's a...

Didn't she make a video threatening to execute Democrats? She's made multiple videos, including "it will be easier to just put a bullet in Pelosi's head". How the **** can this be justified? In any way, shape, or form?

It wasn't just "likes" of contemptible horse****. Or her "theories" that no plane struck the Pentagon on 9/11 or that student shootings are hoaxes. She's more than a boot-licking Trump sycophant, she is a straight up threat to her co-workers.

This fascist POS scum should be expelled. 

That's my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, 84 Lives!!! said:

Didn't she make a video threatening to execute Democrats? She's made multiple videos, including "it will be easier to just put a bullet in Pelosi's head". How the **** can this be justified? In any way, shape, or form?

It wasn't just "likes" of contemptible horse****. Or her "theories" that no plane struck the Pentagon on 9/11 or that student shootings are hoaxes. She's more than a boot-licking Trump sycophant, she is a straight up threat to her co-workers.

This fascist POS scum should be expelled. 

That's my opinion.

the last thing the democrats want to do is expel her from the house, which they cant do anyway.

they want her in house being crazy every day.  her running for senate in georgia would be a gift to the democratic party.  just like todd aiken and christine mcdonough were gifts to the democrats.  

she needs to be on every billboard in every suburb in every swing state.  and put her on ads in latino districts that swung to trump too.

she makes trump look reasonable.  think about that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Michigan Sports Betting Offer

Michigan launched online sports betting and casino apps on Friday, January 22, 2021. We have selected the top Michigan sportsbooks and casinos that offer excellent bonus offers. Terms and conditions apply.

BetRivers Michigan - Get a 100% up to $250 deposit bonus at their online sportsbook & casino.

Click Here to claim $250 deposit bonus at BetRivers Michigan For Signing Up Now

FanDuel Michigan - Get a $1,000 risk-free bet at FanDuel Michigan on your first bet.

Click Here to claim $1,000 Risk-Free Bet at FanDuel Michigan

BetMGM Michigan - Get a $600 risk-free bet at the BetMGM online casino & sportsbook

Click Here to claim $600 risk-free bet at BetMGM Michigan

   


  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
      97,050
    • Total Posts
      3,063,966
  • Who's Online (See full list)

  • Upcoming Events

    No upcoming events found
×
×
  • Create New...