Jump to content

What television series are you currently watching?


Recommended Posts

Heyward would not have appreciated you leaving him out!   It was a great show that I didn't appreciate when it was first aired.  It has some excellent characters and it seems somewhat realistic.  At the very least, the basketball scenes look real.  

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

BetMGM Michigan $600 Risk-Free bet

BetMGM Michigan Sports Betting
Michigan online sports betting is now available! Start betting at BetMGM Michigan now and get a $600 risk-free bet bonus at their online sportsbook & casino.

Claim $600 risk-free bet at BetMGM Michigan Now

Is the show worth watching now?   We never did and thought about it a while back before the final season but it seemed everybody hated the end so we didn’t bother. I’ve heard from so many that it’s good. Even people I wouldn’t expect. We have a gap between falcon and winter soldier and Loki so might dive into that.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Oblong said:

Is the show worth watching now?   We never did and thought about it a while back before the final season but it seemed everybody hated the end so we didn’t bother. I’ve heard from so many that it’s good. Even people I wouldn’t expect. We have a gap between falcon and winter soldier and Loki so might dive into that.  

I assume you're talking about Game of thrones? 100% worth watching. Most of the complaining at the end was dumb. It had issues, for sure, but it was still better than anything else on and the rest of the show was incredible.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Yoda said:

I assume you're talking about Game of thrones? 100% worth watching. Most of the complaining at the end was dumb. It had issues, for sure, but it was still better than anything else on and the rest of the show was incredible.

Yes. I meant GoT. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyone else start The Nevers on HBO? One episode in, and while I wouldn't say I'm hooked, I'm definitely intrigued. The accents can be pretty hard to understand sometimes, especially the detective. It did seem to me that (so far anyway) they could have made this pretty Young Adult-friendly pretty easily, but instead threw in some gratuitous sex/nudity just because it's HBO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Deleterious said:

I think a lot of it is coming from Lavar Burton himself.

I'm team Ken Jennings.

I think Ken has done the best as well.  All have loosened up a bit in their 2nd week.

 

On a non-Jeopardy note, my wife & I have been streaming Poldark on Prime. It's the first show I've seen in a while that has a villain as a regular cast member - & I want to punch his smarmy little mouth.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, djhutch said:

 

 

On a non-Jeopardy note, my wife & I have been streaming Poldark on Prime. It's the first show I've seen in a while that has a villain as a regular cast member - & I want to punch his smarmy little mouth.

If you like that genre you might want to watch Outlander (Stars) it’s  steamier. Then you’ll definitely get sucked into Men in Kilts

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Tigertown Rats said:

Anyone else start The Nevers on HBO? One episode in, and while I wouldn't say I'm hooked, I'm definitely intrigued. The accents can be pretty hard to understand sometimes, especially the detective. It did seem to me that (so far anyway) they could have made this pretty Young Adult-friendly pretty easily, but instead threw in some gratuitous sex/nudity just because it's HBO.

Starting it now on your recommendation. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have to say I really liked The Nevers. There are plenty of shows/movies in this genre for young adults. Nothing wrong with making one for adults now and then. Also didn't realize it's a Joss Whedon show. That makes me like it even more. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, djhutch said:

Still finishing up Poldark right now.  Not sure what we'll go to next. We usually do 4-5 episodes a week, & follow it up with something more light-hearted, like Psych or Coach.

If you like the PBS/BBC series’s. Try Atlantic Crossing, it just finished its run on Masterpiece. WWII drama around the relationship between FDR a and Norwegian Crown Princes Martha.

Outlander on Starz is similar to Poldark.  Since it’s on cable it’s racier but still and interesting drama.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another PBS series my wife has gotten me hooked on is Philadelphia DA. It’s an Independent Lens series following Philadelphia civil rights attorney Larry Krasner who gets elected DA on a platform to end mass incarceration. It’s very well done. Does a good job of showing both sides of the office.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1070 on Samsung TV...kind of like the Attenbourough Earth or Animal type series.  They pick an animal/Insect, show video of it in 4k Ultra and have a voice over with some info about them.  Only reason I do not just flip to one of the Earth type series is because it is extra work to get there having to go through Netflix or Prime as opposed to jut typing the number in on my TV.  They are always pretty good though and always informative.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/26/2021 at 5:16 PM, CMRivdog said:

If you like the PBS/BBC series’s. Try Atlantic Crossing, it just finished its run on Masterpiece. WWII drama around the relationship between FDR a and Norwegian Crown Princes Martha.

Outlander on Starz is similar to Poldark.  Since it’s on cable it’s racier but still and interesting drama.

 

Atlantic Crossing sounds fascinating.  A friend has suggested Downton Abbey. I had avoided that like the plague `cuz I thought it was too "chick flicky" - but a co-worker says he thought the same thing & has been pleasantly surprised.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


Michigan Sports Betting Offer

Michigan launched online sports betting and casino apps on Friday, January 22, 2021. We have selected the top Michigan sportsbooks and casinos that offer excellent bonus offers. Terms and conditions apply.

BetRivers Michigan - Get a 100% up to $250 deposit bonus at their online sportsbook & casino.

Click Here to claim $250 deposit bonus at BetRivers Michigan For Signing Up Now

FanDuel Michigan - Get a $1,000 risk-free bet at FanDuel Michigan on your first bet.

Click Here to claim $1,000 Risk-Free Bet at FanDuel Michigan

BetMGM Michigan - Get a $600 risk-free bet at the BetMGM online casino & sportsbook

Click Here to claim $600 risk-free bet at BetMGM Michigan

   


  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
      97.1k
    • Total Posts
      3.1m
  • Who's Online (See full list)

    There are no registered users currently online

  • Upcoming Events

    No upcoming events found
×
×
  • Create New...