Jump to content

Down on the farm 2021


Recommended Posts

BetMGM Michigan $600 Risk-Free bet

BetMGM Michigan Sports Betting
Michigan online sports betting is now available! Start betting at BetMGM Michigan now and get a $600 risk-free bet bonus at their online sportsbook & casino.

Claim $600 risk-free bet at BetMGM Michigan Now

PS: On the 40 for this winter...

I'm showing Holland, Urena, Teheran & Wily Peralta  come off as they're on 1-year contracts...

I'm guessing the adds are Kody Clemens, Angel De Jesus, Logan Shore and Eric De La Rosa.

But.. Zac Houston and Joe Navilhon are another couple of flame-throwing relievers (I don't know if their secondary stuff is good enough); and Houston's already been in AAA. Navilhon is 28 though... Do either of these guys, or Will Vest... also get added to the 40? Who loses out? Victor Reyes? Goodrum?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 84 Lives!!! said:

Tork with another HR for Toledo... ties the game in the 9th. 1-3 with a BB too. 

Tied 8-8 in the bottom of the 9th, Paredes on with a HBP, 2 outs, and Clemens at the bat...

That ball had some hang time to right-center. Bomb. 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, 84 Lives!!! said:

PS: On the 40 for this winter...

I'm showing Holland, Urena, Teheran & Wily Peralta  come off as they're on 1-year contracts...

I'm guessing the adds are Kody Clemens, Angel De Jesus, Logan Shore and Eric De La Rosa.

But.. Zac Houston and Joe Navilhon are another couple of flame-throwing relievers (I don't know if their secondary stuff is good enough); and Houston's already been in AAA. Navilhon is 28 though... Do either of these guys, or Will Vest... also get added to the 40? Who loses out? Victor Reyes? Goodrum?

I can't see Houston or Navilhon being protected. You don't protect every hard thrower, particularly when they project as org arms.

De La Rosa is not a viable protection candidate either, in my opinion.

 

The other guys have an argument, but even then I'm not sure you really protect Shore or DeJesus, but I won't be surprised if they do.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, 84 Lives!!! said:

PS: On the 40 for this winter...

I'm showing Holland, Urena, Teheran & Wily Peralta  come off as they're on 1-year contracts...

I'm guessing the adds are Kody Clemens, Angel De Jesus, Logan Shore and Eric De La Rosa.

But.. Zac Houston and Joe Navilhon are another couple of flame-throwing relievers (I don't know if their secondary stuff is good enough); and Houston's already been in AAA. Navilhon is 28 though... Do either of these guys, or Will Vest... also get added to the 40? Who loses out? Victor Reyes? Goodrum?

Can't imagine that Reyes is on the opening day 40 unless something really bad has happened.

Goodrum has the versatility that Hinch seems to like, so he probably stays.

Clemens has had a pretty good season.  His minor league career numbers coming into this season were nondescript.  His AVG and OBP are slightly higher than career norms, but the SLG has popped up.  Its weird, he had some success at West Michigan (A) after being drafted, but floundered after being promoted from there.  I suppose that was only a season and some change given COVID last season.  I don't know, I'm still not convinced about him.  I can see either side of the argument for the 40.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Counterpoint:

Since his 2nd half call back, Reyes has an 841 OPS. We like to dump on him but the hard facts are that he can play all three OF positions and is a switch hitter. Objectively he is well ahead of Cameron if Daz cannot show something with the bat he hasn't so far.

I would think they will give Clemens a shot at competing for Harold Castro's spot. It depends on how SS shakes out since Clemens doesn't play short. 

Reyes and Niko are both arbitration eligible this off season. Niko cost 2.1M last year. He hasn't been very productive this year so I don't know what kind of number an arbitrator might be willing to give him but it usually goes up with service time. I know Niko has more position flexibility than anyone other than H. Castro, but he's a MIF at 30 and his bat has not been good for two years - I could easily see them letting him go., and I'm sure the Tigs won't keep him if they expect him to get more expensive.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

Counterpoint:

Since his 2nd half call back, Reyes has an 841 OPS. We like to dump on him but the hard facts are that he can play all three OF positions and is a switch hitter. Objectively he is well ahead of Cameron if Daz cannot show something with the bat he hasn't so far.

I would think they will give Clemens a shot at competing for Harold Castro's spot. It depends on how SS shakes out since Clemens doesn't play short. 

Reyes and Niko are both arbitration eligible this off season. Niko cost 2.1M last year. He hasn't been very productive this year so I don't know what kind of number an arbitrator might be willing to give him but it usually goes up with service time. I know Niko has more position flexibility than anyone other than H. Castro, but he's a MIF at 30 and his bat has not been good for two years - I could easily see them letting him go., and I'm sure the Tigs won't keep him if they expect him to get more expensive.

Even if he is well ahead of Cameron as a player, I don't think he has done enough to make me want to keep him over Cameron.  When you are talking a below average player either way, I would take the guy with a more upside.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Hart said:

Even if he is well ahead of Cameron as a player, I don't think he has done enough to make me want to keep him over Cameron.  When you are talking a below average player either way, I would take the guy with a more upside.  

Has Cameron proven he has upside as major leaguer? 228/328/390 in 158 AAA games. Call me skeptical but to me Cameron (and Hill as well) are here this year less because they have proven anything (other than Hill's defense) than that their clocks are running out and they either have to hit  now or they will be out of the org.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


Michigan Sports Betting Offer

Michigan launched online sports betting and casino apps on Friday, January 22, 2021. We have selected the top Michigan sportsbooks and casinos that offer excellent bonus offers. Terms and conditions apply.

BetRivers Michigan - Get a 100% up to $250 deposit bonus at their online sportsbook & casino.

Click Here to claim $250 deposit bonus at BetRivers Michigan For Signing Up Now

FanDuel Michigan - Get a $1,000 risk-free bet at FanDuel Michigan on your first bet.

Click Here to claim $1,000 Risk-Free Bet at FanDuel Michigan

BetMGM Michigan - Get a $600 risk-free bet at the BetMGM online casino & sportsbook

Click Here to claim $600 risk-free bet at BetMGM Michigan

   


  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
      97.1k
    • Total Posts
      3.1m
  • Who's Online (See full list)

    There are no registered users currently online

  • Upcoming Events

    No upcoming events found
×
×
  • Create New...