Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Casimir

04/16/2021 7:00 Oklahoma City Thunder vs Detroit Pistons

Recommended Posts

OKC-2021.png DET-2021.png 

Oklahoma City Thunder (20-35) @ Detroit Pistons (16-39)

44bc69d9eabe6b29ef77a38f84332da4.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BetMGM Michigan $600 Risk-Free bet

BetMGM Michigan Sports Betting
Michigan online sports betting is now available! Start betting at BetMGM Michigan now and get a $600 risk-free bet bonus at their online sportsbook & casino.

Claim $600 risk-free bet at BetMGM Michigan Now

Wow. LMA announced his retirement today. Sounds like he has a heart issue. Probably similar to what Bosh had.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jordan is going to induct Kobe into the hall of fame. 

I have to imagine he is smart enough to keep it about Kobe. But with what a disaster Jordan's acceptance speech was, this could be fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Jordan is going to induct Kobe into the hall of fame. 

I have to imagine he is smart enough to keep it about Kobe. But with what a disaster Jordan's acceptance speech was, this could be fun.

i remember when kobe said he could beat me at golf, so i took that personally...

im not a huge jordan fan and i generally like kobe even if i think he's overrated, but jordan was a much better player than kobe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this is going to be a tough game to lose tonight but we really need it.  come on boys!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Buddha said:

this is going to be a tough game to lose tonight but we really need it.  come on boys!

They are giving it their all.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

They are giving it their all.

 

unfortunately okc will actually show up and play, thus ensuring a pistons win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sekou in the starting lineup tonight.  It only took half the team being out for it to happen. It was probably torture for Casey when he begrudgingly filled out that lineup card. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Buddha said:

stupid win.  hello 7th pick.

There’s probably enough time to sneak into the 8th pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Casimir said:

There’s probably enough time to sneak into the 8th pick.

without lottery luck they really are on the path to eternal mediocrity.

which would be a step up from the last decade of tom gores, but it would still suck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Buddha said:

without lottery luck they really are on the path to eternal mediocrity.

which would be a step up from the last decade of tom gores, but it would still suck.

You know, the lack of Gores at the games has been a wonderful nonreminder that he’s still the owner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess I would also suggest that I have confidence in Weaver finding a franchise cornerstone overlooked in the first several picks if it were to happen.  As well, he’s not adverse to making deals to move for better players.

Plumlee and Grant aren’t players to build around, but I bet most people doubted those moves.

Bey has been better than advertised also.

Now Hayes over Halliburton might contradict what I just typed, but whatever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Casimir said:

I guess I would also suggest that I have confidence in Weaver finding a franchise cornerstone overlooked in the first several picks if it were to happen.  As well, he’s not adverse to making deals to move for better players.

Plumlee and Grant aren’t players to build around, but I bet most people doubted those moves.

Bey has been better than advertised also.

Now Hayes over Halliburton might contradict what I just typed, but whatever.

hayes has the ability to be better than haliburton, dont let the haters convince you otherwise.  still early for a kid.  he's an amazing passer and he's only 19.  tall, long, handles well and can defend.  has to work on his shot, obvs, but he's 19.

pistons have a group of young players who may be complimentary pieces, but there isnt anyone who will carry a club.  there isnt an isiah thomas on this team.  there is no chauncey billups.

for all the talk about dumars buiding the pistons without stars, he had three top 7 picks on that team and two guys (bluos and sheed) who were top 5.  you have to find stars and the usual place to find them is at the top of the draft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Buddha said:

hayes has the ability to be better than haliburton, dont let the haters convince you otherwise.  still early for a kid.  he's an amazing passer and he's only 19.  tall, long, handles well and can defend.  has to work on his shot, obvs, but he's 19.

pistons have a group of young players who may be complimentary pieces, but there isnt anyone who will carry a club.  there isnt an isiah thomas on this team.  there is no chauncey billups.

for all the talk about dumars buiding the pistons without stars, he had three top 7 picks on that team and two guys (bluos and sheed) who were top 5.  you have to find stars and the usual place to find them is at the top of the draft.

Agree for the most part.  Hayes had a nice game tonight, a couple of really brilliant passes tonight, but, yeah, that shot needs work.

I don’t mind loading up on complimentary pieces for now.  They can be used to acquire futures, or bundled up for better talent, or maybe a complimentary piece develops into a substantial piece.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Casimir said:

I guess I would also suggest that I have confidence in Weaver finding a franchise cornerstone overlooked in the first several picks if it were to happen.  As well, he’s not adverse to making deals to move for better players.

Plumlee and Grant aren’t players to build around, but I bet most people doubted those moves.

Bey has been better than advertised also.

Now Hayes over Halliburton might contradict what I just typed, but whatever.

You left out Stewart who has outplayed his draft position. Guys like Diallo and Jackson have showed flashes too. Saben Lee as well.

Early days and all but Weaver seems to have a good eye for talent. Ultimately they're going to need some lottery luck/draft luck to get a superstar. They're likely finishing 5th so have to hope for the lottery balls to bounce right, they tanked their asses off but it's not going to be good (bad) enough it appears.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, NYLion said:

You left out Stewart who has outplayed his draft position. Guys like Diallo and Jackson have showed flashes too. Saben Lee as well.

Early days and all but Weaver seems to have a good eye for talent. Ultimately they're going to need some lottery luck/draft luck to get a superstar. They're likely finishing 5th so have to hope for the lottery balls to bounce right, they tanked their asses off but it's not going to be good (bad) enough it appears.

Yes, I did.  Good catch.  I feel shame because he's probably my favorite of the 2020 draftees.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Michigan Sports Betting Offer

Michigan launched online sports betting and casino apps on Friday, January 22, 2021. We have selected the top Michigan sportsbooks and casinos that offer excellent bonus offers. Terms and conditions apply.

BetRivers Michigan - Get a 100% up to $250 deposit bonus at their online sportsbook & casino.

Click Here to claim $250 deposit bonus at BetRivers Michigan For Signing Up Now

FanDuel Michigan - Get a $1,000 risk-free bet at FanDuel Michigan on your first bet.

Click Here to claim $1,000 Risk-Free Bet at FanDuel Michigan

BetMGM Michigan - Get a $600 risk-free bet at the BetMGM online casino & sportsbook

Click Here to claim $600 risk-free bet at BetMGM Michigan

   


×
×
  • Create New...