Jump to content
chasfh

2021 REGULAR SEASON DISCUSSION THREAD

Recommended Posts

BetMGM Michigan $600 Risk-Free bet

BetMGM Michigan Sports Betting
Michigan online sports betting is now available! Start betting at BetMGM Michigan now and get a $600 risk-free bet bonus at their online sportsbook & casino.

Claim $600 risk-free bet at BetMGM Michigan Now

From the story:

The Detroit Tigers placed slugger Miguel Cabrera on the 10-day injured list with a left biceps strain Sunday morning.

 

It wasn’t immediately clear how he suffered the injury.

Are there certain things he happens to be ambidextrous at? 😏

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/9/2021 at 1:08 PM, tiger337 said:

Walks are up too and home runs are not down much.  Based on a small sample, the new ball isn't working as intended.  

Maybe not as intended, but in certain circles, as expected. From March 12:

https://www.baseballprospectus.com/news/article/65360/moonshot-the-new-baseball-might-push-mlb-further-into-the-three-true-outcomes/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, chasfh said:

From the story:

The Detroit Tigers placed slugger Miguel Cabrera on the 10-day injured list with a left biceps strain Sunday morning.

 

It wasn’t immediately clear how he suffered the injury.

Are there certain things he happens to be ambidextrous at? 😏

Too much playing on the infield?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Teheran moved from the 10 day to the 60 day IL. Al sure knows how to pick’em.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Renato Nunez will be an upgrade over Cabrera. Maybe Al can get lucky on one.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, 1776 said:

Renato Nunez will be an upgrade over Cabrera. Maybe Al can get lucky on one.

Wouldn't take much to be an upgrade over Cabrera.  Heck, since 2017 he's not even the best Cabrera in baseball.

Miguel

Asdrubal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, 1776 said:

Teheran moved from the 10 day to the 60 day IL. Al sure knows how to pick’em.
 

It's too bad, he was throwing the ball great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Longgone said:

It's too bad, he was throwing the ball great.

I guess there was a reason his arm didn't want to throw from a higher angle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Early Ledger:

Misses:

  • Expecting anything from Cabrera
  • Teheran (injured)
  • Holland (turning back into a pumpkin)

Looks bad but could straighten out:

  • Schoop
  • Urena

Incompletes:

  • Baddoo
  • Nunez

Hits(by which I mean not terrible or better):

  • Grossman
  • Mazara
  • Ramos (chicks dig the long ball)

Biggest non-acquisition disappointments to date:

  • Jones
  • B. Garcia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 1776 said:

Teheran moved from the 10 day to the 60 day IL. Al sure knows how to pick’em.
 

Wasn't Teheran signed to a minor league deal with a 1 year $3M option if he made the major league roster?  That's not a bad move, in a vacuum.  The problem is that they needed other dependable pitchers for the rotation.  Even if Skubal and Mize and Manning show that they are ready for MLB pitching (which is another debate by itself), they aren't going to be able to supply the innings needed for this season along with Boyd, Turnbull, and whoever else they wanted to masquerade around in the SP slot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Casimir said:

Wasn't Teheran signed to a minor league deal with a 1 year $3M option if he made the major league roster?  That's not a bad move, in a vacuum.  The problem is that they needed other dependable pitchers for the rotation.  Even if Skubal and Mize and Manning show that they are ready for MLB pitching (which is another debate by itself), they aren't going to be able to supply the innings needed for this season along with Boyd, Turnbull, and whoever else they wanted to masquerade around in the SP slot.

i thought tehran was a fine signing.  didnt cost much.

then again, maybe other teams knew he wouldnt be able to sustain it without getting hurt?  who knows.  just seems like more bad luck to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Buddha said:

i thought tehran was a fine signing.  didnt cost much.

then again, maybe other teams knew he wouldnt be able to sustain it without getting hurt?  who knows.  just seems like more bad luck to me.

Porcello would not have gotten hurt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

Porcello would not have gotten hurt. 

nobody has signed porcello yet, eh?  wonder why....

otoh, if we really want that #1 pick next year, signing porcello would go a long way to help getting it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

Early Ledger:

Misses:

  • Expecting anything from Cabrera
  • Teheran (injured)
  • Holland (turning back into a pumpkin)

Looks bad but could straighten out:

  • Schoop
  • Urena

Incompletes:

  • Baddoo
  • Nunez

Hits(by which I mean not terrible or better):

  • Grossman
  • Mazara
  • Ramos (chicks dig the long ball)

Biggest non-acquisition disappointments to date:

  • Jones
  • B. Garcia

I don’t believe Ureña will be salvageable. You’ll see that today.

Robbie Grossman has been uncharacteristically whiffing much more in the early going. If he can fix that hole while not losing anything else, he’ll be our guy in Denver in July.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tough luck on Teheran. he was looking like a good trade piece in July. Miggys quest for 3000/500 moving into 2022. I hope he can achieve those.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I'll still look at - to this point - Fulmer and Baddoo and Boyd (if he can keep avoiding all those HR's from years past...) as unexpected pleasant surprises.

For Grossman and Ramos, pleasantly content with what they've done so far...

Sample sizes are too small for me to focus on downsides. I can only see upsides at this point until the season gets far enough along that the pessimism gets locked in. IE: Jacoby is so damn streaky and IIRC almost always starts out slow... In another month, does he put up another .950 streak over 40 games that makes us all forget the first 20-30 games? Same with Miggy... he's gotten old and starts slow, and IIRC, puts up some halfway decent numbers over the summer months. So... We'll see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Buddha said:

nobody has signed porcello yet, eh?  wonder why....

otoh, if we really want that #1 pick next year, signing porcello would go a long way to help getting it.

They haven't signed him probably because he is asking for too much.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

They haven't signed him probably because he is asking for too much.  

your're right, i'm sure he is asking for more than a triple a invite...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Buddha said:

your're right, i'm sure he is asking for more than a triple a invite...

And that is probably exactly what teams want to do - bank pitchers for later in the season in case everyone at the major league level runs out of gas. But of course if guys are pitching in AAA they are going to run out of gas too if that does turns out to be a problem around the league. (which is the one aspect about starting the minors later this season that makes sense). So maybe a guy like RP will end up being rewarded for sitting out the part the season so he is fresh for the 2nd half.

The circumstances were completely different of course but remember at the end of his career Clemens was doing that - starting his season halfway through the schedule.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Buddha said:

your're right, i'm sure he is asking for more than a triple a invite...

He probably wants more than Jose Urena.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

JT Realmuto just stole 3B.  He’s off to a torrid .346/.393/.538 start.  Signed for 4/$100M, which was scoffed at by some.

But, hey, at least the Tigers have Wilson Ramos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Michigan Sports Betting Offer

Michigan launched online sports betting and casino apps on Friday, January 22, 2021. We have selected the top Michigan sportsbooks and casinos that offer excellent bonus offers. Terms and conditions apply.

BetRivers Michigan - Get a 100% up to $250 deposit bonus at their online sportsbook & casino.

Click Here to claim $250 deposit bonus at BetRivers Michigan For Signing Up Now

FanDuel Michigan - Get a $1,000 risk-free bet at FanDuel Michigan on your first bet.

Click Here to claim $1,000 Risk-Free Bet at FanDuel Michigan

BetMGM Michigan - Get a $600 risk-free bet at the BetMGM online casino & sportsbook

Click Here to claim $600 risk-free bet at BetMGM Michigan

   


×
×
  • Create New...