Jump to content

Matt Patricia/Bob Quinn fired - Holmes/Cambell Hired as GM/Coach


Mr.TaterSalad
 Share

Recommended Posts

BetMGM Michigan $600 Risk-Free bet

BetMGM Michigan Sports Betting
Michigan online sports betting is now available! Start betting at BetMGM Michigan now and get a $600 risk-free bet bonus at their online sportsbook & casino.

Claim $600 risk-free bet at BetMGM Michigan Now

3 minutes ago, Jason_R said:

They consulted with Ernie Accorsi. He collected his check and went home. The Fords let Tweedle-dum and Tweedle-dee work without adult supervision. 

If you are going to have a rookie GM and rookie head coach, you damn well better have a grown up at the executive level supervising them. This is why I said I would like to see them hire (not as a consultant) someone with NFL experience at the executive level, on a par with Rod Wood. 

Agree with this. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jason_R said:

Sorry, dude. You don't manage via abstract rules.

They hired a rookie GM and left him without interference. And they ended up burning Stafford's prime years as a result. 

If they somehow hire Ozzie Newsome as GM, yes, BTFO. But if they hire another rookie as GM, they better give him a tight leash.

I'm old enough to remember when people were complaining that Martha was forcing Quinn to keep Caldwell and not allowing Quinn to make his head coach pick. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Jason_R said:

Sorry, dude. You don't manage via abstract rules.

They hired a rookie GM and left him without interference. And they ended up burning Stafford's prime years as a result. 

If they somehow hire Ozzie Newsome as GM, yes, BTFO. But if they hire another rookie as GM, they better give him a tight leash.

Please, don't call me dude.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Motown Bombers said:

I'm old enough to remember when people were complaining that Martha was forcing Quinn to keep Caldwell and not allowing Quinn to make his head coach pick. 

Yeah, I never made that argument.

I argued that Quinn was taking the safe way out. He was going to stick with the guy he inherited for a few years. If it worked, he would take credit. If it didn't work, he would pass blame and ask for his own guy.

If anything, the Fords can be blamed for not pushing back hard enough on Quinn on this decision. And once they let him fire Caldwell, they can be blamed for not pushing back hard enough on his desire to get Patricia in here, over and above the far superior candidate Mike Vrabel.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Jason_R said:

If they somehow hire Ozzie Newsome as GM, yes, BTFO. But if they hire another rookie as GM, they better give him a tight leash.

but that is just the thing. A 'tight leash' from Sheila is pointless if she can't make informed judgments about football. You still need someone with football knowledge making top level decisions. That could be a fully empowered GM, or you could install a president of operations with no day to day responsibility but whose mandate is to make sure the people with day to day responsibility are performing. Either way, as long as the Ford family owns the  team, that first top most level hire remains a crap shoot. Just as likely to get it wrong again as they have been in the past. All we can do is hope they lucky this time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, tigerbomb13 said:

 Just want one team i root for in any sport to not be a bottom feeder. Is that too much to ask? 

The Lions are the most pathetic franchise is all of sports. So if you're not going to win a championship, you may as well go 0-16 every season. You know, for the high draft picks? ??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

but that is just the thing. A 'tight leash' from Sheila is pointless if she can't make informed judgments about football. You still need someone with football knowledge making top level decisions. That could be a fully empowered GM, or you could install a president of operations with no day to day responsibility but whose mandate is to make sure the people with day to day responsibility are performing. Either way, as long as the Ford family owns the  team, that first top most level hire remains a crap shoot. Just as likely to get it wrong again as they have been in the past. All we can do is hope they lucky this time.

This is why I said I would like to see them hire a seasoned football person (of the stature of a Tony Dungy) in the executive office, at Rod Wood’s level. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jason_R said:

This is why I said I would like to see them hire a seasoned football person (of the stature of a Tony Dungy) in the executive office, at Rod Wood’s level. 

What makes Tony Dungy qualified for that roll? He has no executive experience at any level. If we are concerned about turning over the franchise to a rookie GM, why would we turn it over to a rookie executive with no experience?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Biff Mayhem changed the title to Matt Patricia/Bob Quinn fired - Holmes/Cambell Hired as GM/Coach

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


Michigan Sports Betting Offer

Michigan launched online sports betting and casino apps on Friday, January 22, 2021. We have selected the top Michigan sportsbooks and casinos that offer excellent bonus offers. Terms and conditions apply.

BetRivers Michigan - Get a 100% up to $250 deposit bonus at their online sportsbook & casino.

Click Here to claim $250 deposit bonus at BetRivers Michigan For Signing Up Now

FanDuel Michigan - Get a $1,000 risk-free bet at FanDuel Michigan on your first bet.

Click Here to claim $1,000 Risk-Free Bet at FanDuel Michigan

BetMGM Michigan - Get a $600 risk-free bet at the BetMGM online casino & sportsbook

Click Here to claim $600 risk-free bet at BetMGM Michigan

   


  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
      97.1k
    • Total Posts
      3.1m
  • Who's Online (See full list)

  • Upcoming Events

    No upcoming events found
×
×
  • Create New...