Jump to content

Houston at Detroit Thanksgiving Classic


Tigeraholic1
 Share

Recommended Posts

BetMGM Michigan $600 Risk-Free bet

BetMGM Michigan Sports Betting
Michigan online sports betting is now available! Start betting at BetMGM Michigan now and get a $600 risk-free bet bonus at their online sportsbook & casino.

Claim $600 risk-free bet at BetMGM Michigan Now

4 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

The Detroit Lions would like to welcome in new GM Ed Dodds and new Head Coach Eric Bieniemy. With the third pick in the 2021 NFL draft the Detroit Lions select Justin Fields, QB, Ohio State University.

I just woke up from this wonderful dream and even though the sheets were wet, a Ford still owned the team and Quinn and Patricia were still Lions.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, ROMAD1 said:

Yeah, its going to happen anyway...just get it done

Yes. The future is not with Quinntricia. Get rid of Patricia now, see what you have with Coombs as interim, and see how Bevell calls a game when he’s not being told to pound AP between the tackles until they’re down by two TDs. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, cruzer1 said:

It's not good business IMO.

And the Lions complete lack of team speed was exposed. They're slow everywhere.

Come on.  As far as the franchise is in the hole right now, the only bad business going forward would be to keep Patricia and Quinn for the rest of the season.  They have to go, now, or the lions sink further into the hole.  That’s a fact. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sheila should fire one or both tomorrow.  If she doesn’t, at the very least she needs to give a public comment saying she’s disappointed and will address at the end of the year.   Whatever happens, she can’t stick her head in the sand and do nothing or say nothing. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Tank watch, the Football Team is up and that's good. Washington, Jacksonville, and NYJ are the most likely to draft a QB, we need to be ahead of any team that could potentially draft a QB.

There's no need to draft a backup QB. It won't improve the team in any way. They need to improve the support system\speed on both sides of the ball. Especially on the outside.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, cruzer1 said:

That makes no Covid sense to me.

And it makes no sense to me why you said keeping a failed coach, creating fan apathy and loss in merchandising/season ticket interest, is "not good buisness IMO"

Do you say that cause you think if they fire him they are hiring a new coach tomorrow? Patricia is a sunk cost. The interim coach gets no raise. There is no money lost by firing him, only a potential for money gain. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, cruzer1 said:

There's no need to draft a backup QB. It won't improve the team in any way. They need to improve the support system\speed on both sides of the ball. Especially on the outside.

ANd how long will it take to get all that speed 2, 3 years? When Stafford is 36?

Rebuilds start with QBs, always, work till you find one and then worry about the rest. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, cruzer1 said:

There's no need to draft a backup QB. It won't improve the team in any way. They need to improve the support system\speed on both sides of the ball. Especially on the outside.

You draft one of Lawrence/Fields/Lance and trade Stafford. I presume you can get a 1st for Stafford and double up on first round picks.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

Sheila should fire one or both tomorrow.  If she doesn’t, at the very least she needs to give a public comment saying she’s disappointed and will address at the end of the year.   Whatever happens, she can’t stick her head in the sand and do nothing or say nothing. 

Quinn should be gone yesterday. Whether Patricia is shown the door  now or after game 18 is immaterial to anything in the larger scheme really.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

They just have to go - and that means Quinn too..............He could still do damage to this team.    Horrible drafting,  horrible team he's built.  they were more concerned with getting Yes Men than good football players.

And I don't believe for a second the DC Cory Underling is in charge of anything because this defensive ideology has not changed a bit.   

The further we go along the more I am sure that Matt Patricia didn't do anything of significance in New England other than be a manager when Belichick was too busy and I know Bob Quinn was nothing more than a glorified errand boy.    Heck, I am even having doubts about Bill now too.   I think the best coaching Bill Belichick ever did was not giving Drew Bledsoe the job back.    Based on the fact he got caught recording the Cincinnati Bengals practicing last year (the worst team in football), I am starting to think that one day we'll find out Bill and New England's cheating will put the Astros to shame.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

You draft one of Lawrence/Fields/Lance and trade Stafford. I presume you can get a 1st for Stafford and double up on first round picks.

 

no chance you get a 1st for stafford.  Lucky to get a 3rd at this point.  mid 30s next season with a broken back injurys piling up and what looks like no desire on the field.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, T&P_Fan said:

Come on.  As far as the franchise is in the hole right now, the only bad business going forward would be to keep Patricia and Quinn for the rest of the season.  They have to go, now, or the lions sink further into the hole.  That’s a fact. 

at this point there is no point in winning more games. I'm with Tater  - new regimes' #1 priority is to sign the best young QB left when they pick, so the the tank should be on. Do we really want the team to start fighting hard for a new coach now?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

at this point there is no point in winning more games. I'm with Tater  - new regimes' #1 priority is to sign the best young QB left when they pick, so the the tank should be on. Do we really want the team to start fighting hard for a new coach now?

Doesn’t matter who is coach.  With the teams left on the schedule the lions can’t win.   But I would like to see a coach who does things that at least lend themselves to winning. Patricia sabotages himself like no other.  They are going 0-5 regardless of who is coaching them. The talent is that bad and the schedule is that tough. Let me at least see some competence. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No way you get a 1st for Stafford at this point.    Cumulative injuries and age are catching up with him quickly. 

 

As mentioned by someone earlier..............Build a really good base of a team over the next 2-3 years in the draft - and then go for your ace QB.     But they have to draft well in the first 3 rounds - they just have to , they can't afford to miss on anything the next few years, thanks to this abysmal roster of Yes Men and Has Beens.  

That #3 pick this year is a bad one but based on what we know now - is Okudah a bad draft pick or is he a good player put into bad situations with bad coaches..........the tragic thing is that it's probably a bit of both.  He might be a low first rounder/second rounder, but he probably wasn't a Top 5 pick and the last two seasons they wasted Two Top 10 picks and lets get even more honest, they wasted one of those high second round picks too.   

How could ownership not see this?   And why wait until Monday.....give Brayden Coombs those 3 extra days.......if it turns out that that the schemes and play calls are ridiculous and this kid comes in and coaches them in a manner that gives them a chance, why shouldn't they give him the shot?  

This was obvious after the first season that Patricia wasn't going to work and they allowed that second one because Stafford got hurt. I don't want to hear anything about all their injuries right now.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, kgeorge78 said:

no chance you get a 1st for stafford.  Lucky to get a 3rd at this point.  mid 30s next season with a broken back injurys piling up and what looks like no desire on the field.

 

Yes, and unless Lawrence happens to fall into their laps, or unless Stafford is badly injured, Stafford will be the starting QB for the Lions in 2021.

If Sheila fires Quinntricia now, she can have the rest of the season to evaluate the offensive coaching staff without Patricia's outdated philosophy. They will also be first on the market for new front office and coaching talent. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Jason_R said:

Yes, and unless Lawrence happens to fall into their laps, or unless Stafford is badly injured, Stafford will be the starting QB for the Lions in 2021.

If Sheila fires Quinntricia now, she can have the rest of the season to evaluate the offensive coaching staff without Patricia's outdated philosophy. They will also be first on the market for new front office and coaching talent. 

Bevell and Patricia are tied at the hip.  One and the same with this garbage offense. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


Michigan Sports Betting Offer

Michigan launched online sports betting and casino apps on Friday, January 22, 2021. We have selected the top Michigan sportsbooks and casinos that offer excellent bonus offers. Terms and conditions apply.

BetRivers Michigan - Get a 100% up to $250 deposit bonus at their online sportsbook & casino.

Click Here to claim $250 deposit bonus at BetRivers Michigan For Signing Up Now

FanDuel Michigan - Get a $1,000 risk-free bet at FanDuel Michigan on your first bet.

Click Here to claim $1,000 Risk-Free Bet at FanDuel Michigan

BetMGM Michigan - Get a $600 risk-free bet at the BetMGM online casino & sportsbook

Click Here to claim $600 risk-free bet at BetMGM Michigan

   


×
×
  • Create New...