Jump to content
cruzer1

2021 NFL Draft...

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, NYLion said:

Disagree. I think he showed some good stuff in his limited time. He'll certainly get an opportunity to improve his role next season.

there is little else on the roster, so he'll have that going for him!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BetMGM Michigan $600 Risk-Free bet

BetMGM Michigan Sports Betting
Michigan online sports betting is now available! Start betting at BetMGM Michigan now and get a $600 risk-free bet bonus at their online sportsbook & casino.

Claim $600 risk-free bet at BetMGM Michigan Now

1 minute ago, Buddha said:

there is little else on the roster, so he'll have that going for him!

It's what makes us an attractive destination for UDFAs. If you have any shot at making it in the league this year, it's with us lol

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't notice anything from Cephus that stood out to me and his doesn't have great athletic ability or a high RAS score that would allow him to be utilized in the return game. I think this time next year he won't be on the roster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

I was curious why he fell so far and this probably explains it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

I didn't notice anything from Cephus that stood out to me and his doesn't have great athletic ability or a high RAS score that would allow him to be utilized in the return game. I think this time next year he won't be on the roster.

He's tough as nails so that's his one chance...

He may last a bit as Holmes will be looking for WR's that are faster, more athletic, AND at least as tough as he is. It may take another year or so... or not. We'll see how long he lasts...

I agree here... he's definitely on the bubble as not fitting the roster that Holmes/ Campbell want... He'd be a good trade deadline player if he's competent next season and someone's looking for tough dependable roster depth receiver...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 84 Lives!!! said:

He's tough as nails so that's his one chance...

He may last a bit as Holmes will be looking for WR's that are faster, more athletic, AND at least as tough as he is. It may take another year or so... or not. We'll see how long he lasts...

I agree here... he's definitely on the bubble as not fitting the roster that Holmes/ Campbell want... He'd be a good trade deadline player if he's competent next season and someone's looking for tough dependable roster depth receiver...

tough as nails?  based on what?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's good to know someone else wanted McNeill as badly as we did. My concern is that we were also told the Eagles wanted Jahlani Tavai when we picked him. So Roseman, Donahoe, whomever in their front office really wanted McNeill, but may have also wanted Tavai. I don't know much about the Eagles front office other than Roseman, but anyone who thinks Tavai is good and actually wants this guy, has questionable talent evaluation skills.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

John Dorsey was in the Eagles organization briefly before the Lions snatched him away. Maybe Dorsey had an idea the Eagles would take McNeill. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

It's good to know someone else wanted McNeill as badly as we did. My concern is that we were also told the Eagles wanted Jahlani Tavai when we picked him. So Roseman, Donahoe, whomever in their front office really wanted McNeill, but may have also wanted Tavai. I don't know much about the Eagles front office other than Roseman, but anyone who thinks Tavai is good and actually wants this guy, has questionable talent evaluation skills.

 

I don’t think you can compare McNeill and Tavai on athleticism. 

And what you’ve quoted above is two Lions bloggers who claim to have sources who know what was going on in two NFL draft rooms. Their sources should be taken with a massive grain of salt. 

Back then, these were the only hints that anyone else was interested in Tavai, who was an afterthought at best on most lists of draft prospects. But McNeill was widely expected to be taken early, and we have the Eagles GM confirming publicly that, yes, our guys wanted him so bad that they were angry at me for screwing it up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was also the Eagles draft room and the hilarious disappointment when they made their pick. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Looks like we drafted a bunch of high-level athletes this year.

2021_ras.jpg

Yes we did.  And when Campbell was on NFL radio yesterday, he said Jefferson's game speed per GPS was the 2nd fastest of any of the backs (to Najee).  So he plays considerably faster than he performed at pro day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Looks like we drafted a bunch of high-level athletes this year.

2021_ras.jpg

its a nice change.

that said, i am still skeptical about this year's athletic scores because there was no combine and only pro days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Buddha said:

its a nice change.

that said, i am still skeptical about this year's athletic scores because there was no combine and only pro days.

I want to say I saw a RAS comparison for the Lions drafts over the past decade and the 2019 and 2020 draft classes had the lowest RAS in the 10 year bunch. Not surprising since Patricia and Quinn made sure to value everything that ran opposite to how you win in today's NFL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

I'm sure others have seen it but im just coming across it. Hard not to get excited after watching it. 

 

Sheila: “Will you guys keep it down, I’m trying to make a phone call!”

Was great to see their enthusiasm. Sewell is a kind of guy who doesn’t appear very often. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

Patricia would have asked him on the phone if he was sitting up straight. 

Patricia would have been 15 minutes late to the call.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They wanted Sewell bad enough that they tried to trade into #4 to take him. 

(Unless they wanted to take Pitts! 😂)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Michigan Sports Betting Offer

Michigan launched online sports betting and casino apps on Friday, January 22, 2021. We have selected the top Michigan sportsbooks and casinos that offer excellent bonus offers. Terms and conditions apply.

BetRivers Michigan - Get a 100% up to $250 deposit bonus at their online sportsbook & casino.

Click Here to claim $250 deposit bonus at BetRivers Michigan For Signing Up Now

FanDuel Michigan - Get a $1,000 risk-free bet at FanDuel Michigan on your first bet.

Click Here to claim $1,000 Risk-Free Bet at FanDuel Michigan

BetMGM Michigan - Get a $600 risk-free bet at the BetMGM online casino & sportsbook

Click Here to claim $600 risk-free bet at BetMGM Michigan

   


×
×
  • Create New...