Yoda

MLB to Resume

I heard Shep on that Riley Greene call today. Made me wish for a Covid outbreak so baseball is just cancelled. 

2 hours ago, Shelton said:

I heard Shep on that Riley Greene call today. Made me wish for a Covid outbreak so baseball is just cancelled. 

Just wait until the games get exciting, in.... SHEPTEMBER!

It's ok to not laugh at that. I didn't either. 

Just now, Yoda said:

Better than April in the D

43 minutes ago, Shelton said:

Better than April in the D

I'd rather put the D in April. 

21 hours ago, Shelton said:

The current road jersey kind of sucks. I would like an alternate, but not like this. 

21 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

I guess I'm just partial to navy, I think it looks clean and sleek when basketball and football teams wear it.    I can't think of any baseball team that ever wore all navy though so maybe it would look horrendous.  

21 hours ago, Yoda said:

It's just too "spring training" to me. Bring back the 84 road unis. 

The colored tops seem just too softball team or spring training to me on teams that don't wear them.  For example, Colorado has had black jerseys since its beginning and it looks natural to me.  Boston wearing red jerseys just still seems odd to me.

I like the 84 block lettering, I like the current script.  I have wondered about what if the went to a copy of the navy old English D on the left side but on the typical road gray for a road jersey?

12 hours ago, Yoda said:

The deserves a standing ovation and a temporary ban.

11 hours ago, Tenacious D said:
Photo by Detroit Free Press on July 13, 2020. Image may contain: 1 person

The truly amazing thing about the catch is that he was picking at dandelions in the outfield when he heard the crack of the bat.

LOL Freep. Lead video on the tigers page of the Freep is "Mize pitches BP to Torkelson". Mize only threw, one strike, Torkelson never even swung the bat. Why post it?

36 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

LOL Freep. Lead video on the tigers page of the Freep is "Mize pitches BP to Torkelson". Mize only threw, one strike, Torkelson never even swung the bat. Why post it?

To make you click it.  

5 minutes ago, John_Brian_K said:

OlivoRaburn.gif.opt.gif

God even though he wasn't a completely horrible fielder when Reighburn did screw up he made sure to do it in grand fashion like in this gif.   He was the type of player that depending on the play could look like a gold glover one play or somebody who has never played the game before in their lives on another one.  

4 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

God even though he wasn't a completely horrible fielder when Reighburn did screw up he made sure to do it in grand fashion like in this gif.   He was the type of player that depending on the play could look like a gold glover one play or somebody who has never played the game before in their lives on another one.  

I remember watching both of those games and laughing so hard....good times.

9 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

My theory on Raburn is that he was a solid enough defender and not as bad as many suggest, but when he gaffed, he gaffed huge.

21 minutes ago, Casimir said:

My theory on Raburn is that he was a solid enough defender and not as bad as many suggest, but when he gaffed, he gaffed huge.

Well, there are a lot of separate physiological pieces to being a good fielder. I think Raburn had a lot of them, strength, speed, agility. His ability to get himself in position to make plays was pretty good, but he had trouble finishing. Once you start moving full speed, it gets harder for some guys to manage their sensory system.  - Once your head is moving fast, especially running hard with the up and down pounding, I don't think it's that uncommon for your tracking to break down enough that you can't make the catch even though you got there. Actually happens a lot. I'd guess it happened more to Raburn because he had a disproportionate ability to get there compared to his tracking and fine motor ability to finish the play. Since he played hard, the gaffes ended up looking pretty spectacular.

59 minutes ago, Casimir said:

"Unfortunately that's what people will remember to the grave."

-Fred Merkle

-Fred Snodgrass

-Billy Buckner