Motor City Sonics

What would a Tigers 30 man roster (and 20 man Taxi Squad) look like?

1 minute ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

It primarily will come down to the behavior of the athletes and what precautions they take.

Playing baseball with masks on? That would keep them from spitting. ūüėĄūüėĄ

The problem isn't likely going to be in playing baseball.

The problem is likely going to be in working out around others as well as how they expose themselves in their off time.

8 hours ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

The problem is likely going to be in .....how they expose themselves in their off time.

I understand loosely fitting trench coats are the traditional solution.

5 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

I understand loosely fitting trench coats are the traditional solution.

A valcro 1966 batman suit also works

20 hours ago, cruzer1 said:

I'm kind of resigning to the fact that there should not be baseball this year, or hockey, or basketball.  Football needs to take a year off. We are still in a pandemic.

If baseball doesn't go forward because of the pandemic, I can't see how the other three can, since baseball is already the most socially-distant sport of the four biggies.

Especially basketball. That entire sport is guys facing each other, inches away, breathing hard and trash talking and sweating all over one another, no protective gear on, lots of body-to-body contact, particularly hand to face. Seems it would be the unsafest sport in a pandemic.

I’ll bet College Football moves to the Spring.  The schools need the revenue from 100,000 fans attending, plus they won’t want to put student athletes at risk.

If football moves to the spring in the southeastern parts of the US you could be looking at a lot of heat, depending on how far they go into the hotter months. The deeper south would be brutal I would think.

On 6/21/2020 at 11:20 AM, chasfh said:

If baseball doesn't go forward because of the pandemic, I can't see how the other three can, since baseball is already the most socially-distant sport of the four biggies.

Especially basketball. That entire sport is guys facing each other, inches away, breathing hard and trash talking and sweating all over one another, no protective gear on, lots of body-to-body contact, particularly hand to face. Seems it would be the unsafest sport in a pandemic.

It's a pretty tough  call between that and line of scrimmage players in football, but who's picking?

2 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

It's a pretty tough  call between that and line of scrimmage players in football, but who's picking?

There's less protection against skin-to-skin contact in basketball than football, but then again, there's also less eye-gouging and spitting into opponent's mouths during scrums. So yeah, probably a toss-up.

1 hour ago, chasfh said:

There's less protection against skin-to-skin contact in basketball than football, but then again, there's also less eye-gouging and spitting into opponent's mouths during scrums. So yeah, probably a toss-up.

I’ll bet they are developing face shields for the helmets 

12 hours ago, Tenacious D said:

I’ll bet College Football moves to the Spring.  The schools need the revenue from 100,000 fans attending, plus they won’t want to put student athletes at risk.

11 hours ago, 1776 said:

If football moves to the spring in the southeastern parts of the US you could be looking at a lot of heat, depending on how far they go into the hotter months. The deeper south would be brutal I would think.

I don't know.  This past spring wasn't necessarily a picnic.

Is there enough known about the transmission of the virus AND enough followed protocol to restrict the transmission of the virus at this time?  What about in a few months or half a year?

7 hours ago, Tenacious D said:

I’ll bet they are developing face shields for the helmets 

Covid-19-NFL-helmet-1.jpg

My Taxi Squad: Judd Hirsch, Danny DeVito, Jeff Conaway, Tony Danza, Christopher Lloyd, and Andy Kaufman.  

I wonder if Wade Boggs eats chicken before watching games, or if it was just when he played? 

On 6/19/2020 at 7:34 AM, Casimir said:

Quinton Berry.

Nook Logan and Quintin Berry teamed in the Tiger’s outfield would inspire memories of Sam Crawford and Ty Cobb.

5 hours ago, bobrob2004 said:

My Taxi Squad: Judd Hirsch, Danny DeVito, Jeff Conaway, Tony Danza, Christopher Lloyd, and Andy Kaufman.  

I would drop Jeff Conaway (worst character on the show) for Marilu Henner (Elaine Nardo)...........Marilu would never forget the gesture.............no, seriously, she's one of those people that can actually remember everything.  You could say "Hey Lou, what did you have for lunch on June 19, 1982?".......and she could tell you.   It's really weird.   

2 hours ago, AlaskanTigersFan said:

Tork make it up this year?

Play the kids.........Why not?     Give us something to watch.   

So Zimm gets his curtain call. Will he keep his era under 6?

57 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

He will for a few innings.

Is that a bet?

58 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

He will for a few innings.

Trade him at the deadline...