How would you rate the Tigers 2020 Draft?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Your grade?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

16 minutes ago, leflore said:

And that paradigm shift appears to emphasize bloodlines (ducking)

Mother ****er!

Didn't see the whole list myself so I'm assuming Caputo is accurate. If so its nice to have 5 top 50ish guys but a little disappointing that we couldn't land atleast 1 guy  after 52.  

11 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Didn't see the whole list myself so I'm assuming Caputo is accurate. If so its nice to have 5 top 50ish guys but a little disappointing that we couldn't land atleast 1 guy  after 52.  

Not disappointing. What’s with all the disappointment around here when we are looking at something objective positive?

I like Cruz - decent combo of skills, switch hits, approach and production improved each year in college.  Takes a walk, doesn't K a ton.  That all might point to upside as an everyday player and a guy who was undervalued in the draft prospect rankings.  When the Tigers talked about 'utility', I don't think they meant bench player, but more like a Tony Phillips multi position starter. 

Regarding no 20K guys, probably makes sense since they didn't release minor leaguers, and if the MiL contraction goes through, there will be fewer spots to place their existing younger prospects + this year's draft class. 

2 hours ago, Shelton said:

Not disappointing. What’s with all the disappointment around here when we are looking at something objective positive?

I awoke disappointed in the Minneapolis refuse system. Then as I gazed at my backyard I saw a few blades of grass amongst the dandelions, clover and ant hills. My mood brightened. As for the Tigers I'm very positive. But the damn refuse system chaps my anterior cheecks

2 hours ago, Shelton said:

Not enough Funk

5 of the top 52......has Detroit ever had that before? Highly doubtful

4 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

what's probably unusual about this year, is that without a start to the season, many of the guys  on the list would have already been playing in the majors, and ineligible to be on the list.  Given that, we should be even more impressed to have 5 guys in the top 50(ish).  

Without seeing the complete list, a bit surprised that Greene is as low as he is.

5 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:
If so its nice to have 5 top 50ish guys but a little disappointing that we couldn't land at least 1 guy  after 52.  

You must be one of those "glass half empty" kind of guys.

On 6/25/2020 at 6:24 PM, Longgone said:

You must be one of those "glass half empty" kind of guys.

Wasn't trying to be pessimistic, if I was I wouldn't have even posted a tweet talking about how we have 5 top 50 prospects. Just saying that I was a little disappointed that we couldn't sneak another guy on there even though it wasn't expected.   

On another prospect note one Mayo and Callis of Pipeline said that they think the Tigers have a top 3 system right now and would put Tork in their top 10 overall prospects.  

I have a feeling a lot of offers are out there on college seniors and people are waiting to see how many spots are left at various college programs. Lots of things in motion right now. You may have high schoolers that hoped to be drafted deciding on junior college instead even though they were “committed” to a four year school. 

4 hours ago, 1776 said:

Marvin Gaye

Remember this like it was 40 years ago. Rocked my world

9 hours ago, Shelton said:

I have a feeling a lot of offers are out there on college seniors and people are waiting to see how many spots are left at various college programs. Lots of things in motion right now. You may have high schoolers that hoped to be drafted deciding on junior college instead even though they were “committed” to a four year school. 

Some may be considering whether to defer a year as well if students will not be on campus this fall. 

Side note -- certain well-regarded liberal arts colleges (not known for baseball) are apparently telling their admitted athletes that deferral is not an option:  matriculate now or reapply next year.

Just now, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Tank for Tork Mission Status:  Complete

That's amazing that you guys were posting that over a year before it happened