How would you rate the Tigers 2020 Draft?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Your grade?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

12 minutes ago, AlaskanTigersFan said:

Jason Beck reported an hour ago, Daniel Cabrera signed! That only leaves Tork if I'm not mistaken....

Tork you selfish b******.  Everyone here is sick and tired of your prima donna routine.

• Like 1

I really need someone to explain what happened with the Tigers 2020 draft.

How can an organization that has drafted so horribly for decades grab 6 solid to great prospects in 6 picks?

What changed? Who made these picks? Can they do it again in 2021? Seriously, what happened!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Shelton was right.

As usual.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RatkoVarda said:

How can an organization that has drafted so horribly for decades grab 6 solid to great prospects in 6 picks?

What changed? Who made these picks? Can they do it again in 2021? Seriously, what happened!

I honestly was thinking the exact same thing. Maybe they're new analytics department and their software  "Caesar" really is working.

Either that or since Al was at home, he had MLB network on and took a look at the bottom of the screen and looked for the highest rated bat available. Either way I'm really happy this year.

55 minutes ago, RatkoVarda said:

I liked the last three drafts, all a noticeably different approach than previously.

50 minutes ago, Longgone said:

I liked the last three drafts, all a noticeably different approach than previously.

Besides the first pick, I don't really like last year's draft. They have to pick it up, but from Quintana on down seems like a lot of reaching.

by having only 5 rounds, the tigers weren't spread so thin, so they had more focus and drafted better.  just kidding.  i think 

3 minutes ago, theroundsquare said:

by having only 5 rounds, the tigers weren't spread so thin, so they had more focus and drafted better.  just kidding.  i think 

This draft had a lot more talent available, and the Tigers had more money to spend.

I think you may be seeing the influence of the analytics and other changes playing bigger roles for the first time. 

Tigers slowly catching up andthis may be the first draft that it really became apparent.  My glass half full outlook.

2 hours ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Keith Law hates the draft, but hates how much the Tigers paid out even more.

Law literally has in his twitter bio "joy killing machine." I think he is aware people see him as a dick

2 hours ago, RatkoVarda said:

Tram finally got into the hof and broke the draft curse.

1 hour ago, leflore said:

Law literally has in his twitter bio "joy killing machine." I think he is aware people see him as a dick

...cause he is a dick.

I saw him speak once at a stat geek conference.  He joked about how every fan thinks he hates their favorite team.   

2 hours ago, tiger337 said:

I saw him speak once at a stat geek conference.  He joked about how every fan thinks he hates their favorite team.   

He definitely brings it on himself, I know most fans almost have a bit of paranoia when it comes to how their teams are treated often completely overreacting and thinking everyone is out to get them but in Law's case I can see how fans could get that vibe from him.

As I mentioned in another thread, I'm sure he doesn't hate the Tigers and he probably behaves this way with all teams but even when he has something "positive" to say it's almost always either a backhanded compliment or followed by a bunch of negative things.   Like how he talked about Tork being the Tigers new number 1.  It could have just been because Tork was this great player, but instead of that it was mainly focused on how bad Mize looked after getting injured.   

Another instance was during his write up on one of the big 3 during his rankings in the offseason, it said something like "you can make the case that he is the best pitcher in their entire system including big leagues, of course that says more about the state of their current team than anything else", it's like he couldn't just say something positive, he had to include a dig at the team as well.  

So whether it's intentional or not(I presume it is as Keith is smart enough to know what he is doing) it's stuff like this that can make fan bases think that you are out to get them or have a grudge against them.    

True. And perhaps he's just a dick

Don't let @Buddha know he can use this word.

Most words related to Nixon are allowed. He's satan's board moderator 

Tork gets $1,000 over slot. I'll give Chris Ilitch credit, he did not go cheap like other teams.

Tigers spent 104.8% of their pool.

3 hours ago, RatkoVarda said:

Tork gets $1,000 over slot. I'll give Chris Ilitch credit, he did not go cheap like other teams.

Tigers spent 104.8% of their pool.

Appreciate it when other people do the math for me.