2 hours ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

We riot if Edmonton gets the #1 overall pick, yes?

Lafreniere’s parents should seek advice from Bonnie Lindros if Edmonton drafts him.

The stakes for the Leafs are huge. If they don’t get Lafreniere, they don’t get any 1st rounder at all as they had given it up, albeit lottery protected, in a trade. But if they do get him, they could then afford with this lower priced talent to relieve their cap pressure by trading Nylander or Marner.

Don’t count out the Kings offering the #2 pick and one of their top prospects to whoever wins this thing.    Rob Blake really likes Lafreniere.   

4 hours ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

It is frankly bananas to me that some of those teams can get the #1 overall pick in terms of the talent they already have.

I guess the board of governors is gonna board of governor.

but but but tanking!!!!!  we cant have tanking!

^^About two months ago (I guess) I heard Brian Burke yammering on about the tanking problem the league had (?) and that there was a push among most of the teams to further disincentive tanking.

Hmmm.  You mean to say the top 2/3rds to 3/4ths of the league are interested in increasing their collective odds for the best draft prospect at the expense of the very worst teams of the league?

I am shocked that would be the case. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

^^About two months ago (I guess) I heard Brian Burke yammering on about the tanking problem the league had (?) and that there was a push among most of the teams to further disincentive tanking.

Hmmm.  You mean to say the top 2/3rds to 3/4ths of the league are interested in increasing their collective odds for the best draft prospect at the expense of the very worst teams of the league?

So what is the long term result? I suppose eventually if bad teams can't get better they will lose their fan base and go belly up - maybe.

16 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

So what is the long term result? I suppose eventually if bad teams can't get better they will lose their fan base and go belly up - maybe.

ask the detroit pistons.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

this should all be done by a complicated alhorithm that will properly incentivize all teams to win!

its the only way we can truly have a competitive league.

15 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

Bettman shoveling the manure right now about the fairness of the lottery system.

**** you bettman.

14 hours ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

If Pittsburgh got it, the fix was in.  If Edmonton got it, the fix was in.  If Toronto got it, the fix was in.

They dropped the Rangers ball it was purposely tainted, fix was in

Pronman at the Athletic says his sources say Detroit likes Perfetti at 4 oa.  I figured he was just blowing smoke but I didn't realize that Kris Draper is a family friend of Perfetti: https://www.tsn.ca/top-prospect-cole-perfetti-driven-to-prove-doubters-wrong-1.1463077 

So there could be something there.

From Pronman's latest mock:

4. Detroit Red Wings: Cole Perfetti, C, Saginaw-OHL

The draft starts to get interesting and more wide-open starting with Detroit’s pick. I’ve heard Lucas Raymond mentioned with the Red Wings, but a fair amount of sources seem to think the team likes Cole Perfetti a lot. His elite skill and hockey IQ with average feet and size has a lot of resemblance to Brayden Point, who Detroit GM Steve Yzerman picked during his tenure in Tampa Bay.