4 hours ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Or it could mean Gerard doesn't want to risk a rebuild project or work with Steve for whatever reason.

I am curious to see where GG ends up.

I heard an interview with GG last year that was done when Yzerman's return was the hot story so the interviewer wanted GG to talk about Yzerman. I don't know Gallant from the man in the moon so I have no idea what his normal conversation style is, and I wouldn't say he was resisting but I also got the idea he was not all that happy to in the interview. Maybe he just had other stuff he wanted to talk about.

By around 8:30pm ET tomorrow night we will know the Wings’ draft order, #1 or bust.

If they get LaFreniere, does he play in Det this season? (Assuming there is one)

12 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

If they get LaFreniere, does he play in Det this season? (Assuming there is one)

Yes, but only him from the top of this draft, IMO. 

5 hours ago, drownwithyou said:

Looking forward to the Wings getting the fourth pick

My luck would be that not only do the Wings get the 4th pick, but the top 3 picks are grabbed by play-in losers to be determined, who could turn out to be Toronto, Chicago and Vancouver.

Devils bidding to be the new Oilers. A win tonight would be their 3rd #1 in 4 years.

6 hours ago, drownwithyou said:

Looking forward to the Wings getting the fourth pick

It was predictable 

I feel like there is a big drop off after the top 3. Losing out on Lafremiere is disappointing but missing top 3 is devastating,

I’d go ask someone with COVID to breathe on me right now but since I’m not a senior and don’t have a co-morbidity catching it probably wouldn’t do me any good,

**** the nhl.

and **** lotteries.  theyre stupid.

well, I guess we get to see how big a rabbit Yzerman can pull from the ****ty hat the NHL dealt us.

Great night to be a Kings fan!  Lafreniere would’ve been amazing but got to love moving up two spots and adding either Byfield or Stutzle to the what was already they best prospect pool in the league 

It was a dumb idea to do it this way..... there was a 25% chance that a playoff team would get the #1 pick over an 18% chance the team with the worst record.... granted it's not apples to oranges as 8 teams share that 25% chance but still..... 

and it took me about a half hour to understand the process.   I started looking into it at 7:45 and actually paused the lottery so that I could fully understand it.

15 minutes ago, Oblong said:

It was a dumb idea to do it this way..... there was a 25% chance that a playoff team would get the #1 pick over an 18% chance the team with the worst record.... granted it's not apples to oranges as 8 teams share that 25% chance but still..... 

and it took me about a half hour to understand the process.   I started looking into it at 7:45 and actually paused the lottery so that I could fully understand it.

As long as nobody thinks NHL teams are tanking, that's the important thing to remember.

26 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

As long as nobody thinks NHL teams are tanking, that's the important thing to remember.

tell that to chas.