3 options:

a) hold draft in June even before season is scheduled or completed

b) delay draft until what is hoped to be a completed season

c) delay draft until after what is more likely to be a cancelled season

Appears the NHL is pushing for a) and with a modified structure with only one lottery ticket drawn, so that no team can go up more than 4 spots or down more than 1 spots. Meaning of course the Wings would draft either 1st or 2nd. Yzerman is against it, but I say yes please!

1 hour ago, lordstanley said:

3 options:

a) hold draft in June even before season is scheduled or completed

b) delay draft until what is hoped to be a completed season

c) delay draft until after what is more likely to be a cancelled season

Appears the NHL is pushing for a) and with a modified structure with only one lottery ticket drawn, so that no team can go up more than 4 spots or down more than 1 spots. Meaning of course the Wings would draft either 1st or 2nd. Yzerman is against it, but I say yes please!

who gets the #1 pick in that scenario?  the rangers, blackhawks, or kings?

3 hours ago, lordstanley said:

... Appears the NHL is pushing for a) and with a modified structure with only one lottery ticket drawn, so that no team can go up more than 4 spots or down more than 1 spots. Meaning of course the Wings would draft either 1st or 2nd...

I'm good with that. 

Obviously would prefer Lefreniere... but at worst, we drop no more than 1 spot.

Stutzle, Byfeld or Drysdale... Who's your choice?

20 hours ago, 84 Lives!!! said:

I'm good with that. 

Obviously would prefer Lefreniere... but at worst, we drop no more than 1 spot.

Stutzle, Byfeld or Drysdale... Who's your choice?

I’m Lafreniere or bust, so if they have to draft at #2 instead of the top pick I don’t yet have an opinion as to whom I’d like them to take.

Byfield/C or Dysdale/D would be who I want at #2 I think. I for sure want Dysdale over Sanderson from everything I've read if we do go Defence with our pick given his offensive ability.

draft byfeld.  sign a defenseman.

1 hour ago, Buddha said:

draft byfeld.  sign a defenseman.

Yzerman has been all over Steutzle, I don't know if they have him #1 or #2, but I think he's really high on their list.

There has been talk of the Wings signing Torey Krug in the off-season.  They will also need a goalie.

is germany the new "russia"?  the hockey inefficiency we think we can exploit before anyone else realizes that germans play hockey?

8 minutes ago, Buddha said:

is germany the new "russia"?  the hockey inefficiency we think we can exploit before anyone else realizes that germans play hockey?

I guess so, just the select few.  I think it helps Stutzle, with Seider playing so well.  And I also think it helps the two playing in the men's league, and playing well for their age.

The Kings won a meaningless game on March 11th and it moved them from 2nd to 4th.    Rats.  

4 hours ago, Hongbit said:

The Kings won a meaningless game on March 11th and it moved them from 2nd to 4th.    Rats.  

I heard this is a pretty good draft.  At least you can laugh at the poor Shark fans, who are stuck with that mess for a while. Senators took them to the cleaners.

Pierre LeBrun just tweeted: "According to one source, the draft lottery is 'interesting and creative'.  

I don't like the sounds of that. I prefer boring, give the last-place Wings a high chance of getting #1.

we're picking 4th, just get used to it.  accept it.  

i dont think stevie thinks were going to be good next year.

6 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

I'm  a bit surprised Blashill gets to come back.

I guess on one level it would have been nice to think that Yzerman looked at this team and thought it could be better with different coaching, but I wouldn't say I was surprised to find Yzerman doesn't think that is true.

3 hours ago, lordstanley said:

I'm  a bit surprised Blashill gets to come back.

I am as well, but by all indications Steve likes Jeff and it really isn't going to matter that much next year anyway.

If one wishes to go deeper, it can be argued keeping Blash illustrates Steve will give coaches a fair shot, so it may make it easier to entice a coach at a later date when making the move provides more potential upside.

I felt the stars were aligned for Gerard Gallant to come in. He could have handled a couple more down years. 

The thing with Gerard is he got dumped completely unexpectedly both times he was a NHL coach.

I wonder if there are some issues about him wanting more control over the roster.

1 hour ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

The thing with Gerard is he got dumped completely unexpectedly both times he was a NHL coach.

I wonder if there are some issues about him wanting more control over the roster.

FWIW, Gallant would be against type compared to his two coaches in TB - who were both more of the intellectual type.

Or it could mean Gerard doesn't want to risk a rebuild project or work with Steve for whatever reason.

I am curious to see where GG ends up.

The shortened season was the only thing stopping them from finishing among the 10 worst ever NHL teams.  

This thing is going to take years to turn around.