Sign in to follow this  
ROMAD1

Michael Jordan's State Propaganda Ministry Presents: The Last Dance

Ugh... watching just a few minutes about the Bad Boys was a disgusting attack on the Pistons, the city and its fans.

And it's over.  The hagiography of St. Michael is done.

Del can wipe off his screen now.  I mean, John Stockton AND Michael Jordan in the same episode?  Hope the local grocery store had a full stock of kleenex.

6 hours ago, Buddha said:

And it's over.  The hagiography of St. Michael is done.

Del can wipe off his screen now.  I mean, John Stockton AND Michael Jordan in the same episode?  Hope the local grocery store had a full stock of kleenex.

Spoiler

djzb7iq.jpg

1. The music in the doc was fantastic.  

2. MJ is the GOAT at speaking in third person.

3. MJ is great at making up some sort of disrespect that was never there or even close to being there.

calling it a documentary is an insult to documentaries.  that was a hagiography.

every excuse in the book for when they lost, nothing but worshipful praise when they won.  the most interesting part of the whole thing was steve kerr's dad's story.

i do like how all his former teammates are still too scared to say "michael was an *** hole and there was no need for him to act like that."  scott burrell is still kissing his ***.

Didn't watch the 2 from last night but overall it was fun to watch for nostalgia purposes... but I hate Jordan.

regarding the music... each week Jalen and Jacoby would talk to the director and he spent considerable time discussing the music choices. It's interesting to note they have trouble with a lot of rap songs due to clearance issues because of sampling.  He said one song they wanted had over 30 people required to sign off... so they didn't do it.

3 hours ago, Deleterious said:

3. MJ is great at making up some sort of disrespect that was never there or even close to being there.

It was how he motivated himself.  Somewhere along the way it went from a tool to a crutch to a way of being.

There are two types of people in this world.  Those that tell you they are going to hit you and those that hit you.  Horace Grant aint beating anyones ***.

Horace Grant as the source for the Jordan Rules has been an open secret for years.

On the podcast the director reveals that he was told by all the others in the room that when Jordan got the pizza the night before the game that he was so mad they didn't wait for him to have dinner he spit on the pizza so that they wouldn't eat any of it....

The director's theory is that it wasn't necessarily food poisoning but rather Michael combining a late night large pizza, his drinks, and the cigar, that made him sick.  he wasn't drunk, being hungover doesn't produce sickness like he had, where you are balled up.

Netflix claims 23M people have viewed The Last Dance.  Their numbers are always BS though since by their standards you only have to watch for 2 minutes to be counted.

That is the foreign audience since it isn't on Netflix in the US yet.  That comes out in July.

I understand that Michael Jordan has $100m to donate to social justice.   If there were any justice he'd spend it to build a statue of Isaiah Thomas with the plinth that read:  "Zeke deserved to be on the Dream Team"

Not sure what brings me more joy.  Zeke not making that team or the fact he isn't smart enough to decline interviews about it 25+ years later.  Him looking like a little ***** was one of the highlights of that Jordan doc.

Isiah obviously deserved to be on the team. Jordan himself admitted that he wasn't on the team because half the guys didn't want him on the team, not because of his basketball ability or lack thereof (said he was the 2nd best point guard of all time behind Magic).

Why does he have to decline interviews about it? Jordan isn't? He has a right to feel slighted by that whole thing but players were just mad back then because the Pistons made them feel "uncomfortable" so it is what it is. Jordan and Pippen are still whining about the Pistons 30 years later so what's the difference? He did come off as stupid for saying that players walking off the court was just the way it was back then when Jordan stayed back and shook hands the 2 years prior.

53 minutes ago, NYLion said:

Isiah obviously deserved to be on the team. Jordan himself admitted that he wasn't on the team because half the guys didn't want him on the team, not because of his basketball ability or lack thereof (said he was the 2nd best point guard of all time behind Magic).

Why does he have to decline interviews about it? Jordan isn't? He has a right to feel slighted by that whole thing but players were just mad back then because the Pistons made them feel "uncomfortable" so it is what it is. Jordan and Pippen are still whining about the Pistons 30 years later so what's the difference? He did come off as stupid for saying that players walking off the court was just the way it was back then when Jordan stayed back and shook hands the 2 years prior.

If Thomas had been left off the team because he wasn't talented enough, by all means do the interview.  But he was left off the team because he's human trash.  He's a POS human being and that is why he was left off the team.  And when he goes out there doing these interviews it lets people like me remind everyone what a POS he actually is.

From one of Zeke's best friends.

https://www.espn.com/nba/news/story?id=4585983

In the book, which chronicles the careers of Bird and Johnson, the former Los Angeles Lakers great who retired from basketball in 1991 after being diagnosed with HIV said Thomas questioned his sexuality and that several players did not want him on the original "Dream Team" that easily won Olympic gold.

"Isiah killed his own chances when it came to the Olympics," Johnson said in the book, an advance copy of which was obtained by
The AP. "Nobody on that team wanted to play with him. ... I'm sad for Isiah. He has alienated so many people in his life, and he
still doesn't get it. He doesn't understand why he wasn't chosen for that Olympic team and that's really too bad. You should be
aware when you've ticked off more than half of the NBA."

He looks like an idiot each time he goes out there with the, "Aw shucks, I don't know why I was left off the team.  Guess I was a bit too gritty for some people." routine.  

No, it wasn't because the Pistons made some people uncomfortable on the court.  Chuck Daly coached the team!  Have you watched the Dream Team doc?  Daly and Jordan constantly played golf together when the team was together.  So the players on the Dream Team didn't like how the Pistons made people feel, but they embraced that teams coach?  And lets not forget who was going to be Stocktons replacement if he hadn't recovered from his injury.  Joe Dumars.  What, Joe wasn't part of the Pistons team that made people uncomfortable?  

https://pistonpowered.com/2012/06/11/joe-dumars-came-closer-than-isiah-thomas-to-making-original-dream-team/

Jan Hubbard (NBA columnist for Newsday): Stockton broke a bone in his leg, and it healed very quickly. But initially they were going to replace him, and it was going to be Joe Dumars. So Isiah wasn’t even going to be the first substitute.

So yeah, I think Thomas looks like an idiot when he keeps doing these interviews.  I think he looks like a fool for the exact reason Magic stated.  Thomas doesn't get it.

We get it, you don't like Isiah Thomas.

I can't believe this is still news.  Isiah was a punk and players didn't like him.  It wasn't just Jordan.  Based on reputation and talent (and style of play, Isiah was an excellent open court passer and flair player who would have fit right in ON the court) he could have been on it.  But so what?

Enough already.

11 minutes ago, Buddha said:

We get it, you don't like Isiah Thomas.

I can't believe this is still news.  Isiah was a punk and players didn't like him.  It wasn't just Jordan.  Based on reputation and talent (and style of play, Isiah was an excellent open court passer and flair player who would have fit right in ON the court) he could have been on it.  But so what?

Enough already.

Give me a minute.  I have one more post about someone from Chicago that I don't like.  

Can we all get together and agree that the real travesty was putting Christian Laettner ON the dream team?

You already had Stockton and Mullin, there was no need for another underqualified white guy.

5 hours ago, Deleterious said:

If Thomas had been left off the team because he wasn't talented enough, by all means do the interview.  But he was left off the team because he's human trash.  He's a POS human being and that is why he was left off the team.  And when he goes out there doing these interviews it lets people like me remind everyone what a POS he actually is.

From one of Zeke's best friends.

https://www.espn.com/nba/news/story?id=4585983

He looks like an idiot each time he goes out there with the, "Aw shucks, I don't know why I was left off the team.  Guess I was a bit too gritty for some people." routine.  

No, it wasn't because the Pistons made some people uncomfortable on the court.  Chuck Daly coached the team!  Have you watched the Dream Team doc?  Daly and Jordan constantly played golf together when the team was together.  So the players on the Dream Team didn't like how the Pistons made people feel, but they embraced that teams coach?  And lets not forget who was going to be Stocktons replacement if he hadn't recovered from his injury.  Joe Dumars.  What, Joe wasn't part of the Pistons team that made people uncomfortable?  

https://pistonpowered.com/2012/06/11/joe-dumars-came-closer-than-isiah-thomas-to-making-original-dream-team/

So yeah, I think Thomas looks like an idiot when he keeps doing these interviews.  I think he looks like a fool for the exact reason Magic stated.  Thomas doesn't get it.

There was a group of Pistons who were generally hated by the league. Isiah, Laimbeer, Rodman and Mahorn so this really doesn't have much to do with Daly or Dumars for that matter. I should have clarified that it was the Bad Boy portion of the Pistons that made the league feel uncomfortable (not all the those Pistons) and still do to this day.

If you want to talk about trash humans, look no further than Jordan, but nobody would dare confront him because he's untouchable (kudos to Horace Grant for calling him out on his BS btw) so it's funny that you say that about Isiah when Jordan burned even more bridges during his days. ****, even a lot of his teammates couldn't stand him.

Anyway, that's my exact point. Isiah didn't make the team because people didn't like him personally, not because of his ability as a basketball player or anything he did in their personal life as far as I know so I fully believe that a big part of those personal grudges are because of the way he and the team played basketball and the prevailing thought that they were trying to injure people on purpose which is ironic coming from Magic since he gave Isiah a flying elbow to the throat in the '89 Finals, not that Isiah didn't deserve it on some level but as Magic said after that game "That's just the way it is now". BTW, Magic and Isiah buried the hatchet a few years ago in that famous 1 on 1 sit down interview so they moved on from all of that. 

chuck daly said he walked out of the meeting when they didnt include isiah.

rod thorn recently said that daly didnt object, but thorn also said jordan didnt object and jack maccullum has taped interviews to show thats not correct.

thorn is a liar so i dont believe anything he says.