JMB

3way deal...Sheed a Piston

Originally posted by MotownRandy

Mike James? He is on my fantasy team. Interesting. I think I like the deal guys.

It was a guess. Anyways I think this trade could be good for Chucky too. He will be Boston's starter. He is the number 3 scoring option after Pierce and Davis. Paul Pierce will be a force now that the Celtics have a legitimate three point shooter and a true point guard. I can already here it "Pierce is benefiting from a steady Atkins diet." We got Sheed! Tay needs to sit his butt down. My starting lineup goes 1. Billups 2. Rip. 3. Sheed 4. Ben 5. Memo. Tay off the bench can dominate as a backup guard or as a good SF. Tay as the bench SG and Corliss as back up SF = instant offense. Less Zelly = more time for Darko! I love Joe dumars. :devious:

Really it does make our bench a bit different I wouldn't say it is awful now but I think it makes Prince the number 1 option off the bench which is a good thing. I think that Darko might get more minutes now, who knows what will happen though.

But Prince, Corliss, James, Fowlkes, Ham, Campbell and Darko is not a bad bench really. Not the best in the league but we are still fairly deep.

If you think about it, the only player we lost that got significant minutes was Atkins. When you consider this we now actually have a deeper bench then we did before. Mike James is a solid backup and so in my mind, we there really is no downside to this deal.

Could someone who is an ESPNinsider post the insider article by chad ford about how the trade was the deal of the season? thanks.