Sign in to follow this  
Motor City Sonics

Happy Opening Day, everyone

worst.opening.day.ever

Check in with how life has changed for you.     

For me, I work for a hospital in Detroit (not AT the hospital, I work at the office building scheduling appointments for an allergy study)   I can work this job from home and since I can log into the system from home, they are going to have me and several others calling people with their COVID-19 results.    So I will not be losing any hours. 

My other job is hosting radio programs.   I work for Ann Arbor's 107one and  Q 94.5 in Grand Rapids. I also do two Sunday music programs on both stations.   I was given a computer and hooked  up the mic I use for the Sunday shows and I can now do both stations from home.   I'm kind of loving that actually and hope I am allowed to continue that for Grand Rapids after this is all over.    (all of our on air hosts are now working from home and openly talking about that).   

My mom is  79 and I have been doing shopping for her, leaving it at her door and demanding that she wipes everything down (with gloves on) before bringing it into her house.  I got on her case for going to the fruit market last week.   She has a auto immune disorder and R.A.   One of the medications she takes is Chloroquine and now there is a shortage because doctors are writing scripts for themselves and their families.  She is halving her dose for now so it lasts.   One of her friends is in critical condition.   I haven't seen my girlfriend in 3 weeks and i really really miss her but would rather everyone stay healthy.      

I don't miss sports as much as I thought I would so far, but that's probably because all of our teams are pretty brutal.     I still have friends who believe this is a big hoax - that it's some kind of practice for the Government to take over the country and control us.  I asked they why they weren't going to hospitals and assisting - they would get paid really well and wouldn't need to use any protective gear - since it's a hoax.   I get crickets in response.   They probably think the earth is flat too.     Guess who they voted for?      

Today is the first day I am really missing sports because it's Opening Day.     You can always check my OOTP Tigers box score in the other thread.   Nova's pitching today.  

• Like 2

Busy keeping our company afloat while worrying about my team members.

thanks a lot, Bin Laden!

I was waiting for it to be 70 and sunny since there weren't going to be any games today but it looks like it's going to be another crummy day just like seemingly most opening days here are.

1 hour ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Today is the first day I am really missing sports because it's Opening Day.     You can always check my OOTP Tigers box score in the other thread.   Nova's pitching today.  

I've got Turnbull starting. Nova is the #2 in the rotation.