chasfh

2020 “REGULAR SEASON" THREAD

On 4/4/2020 at 1:19 PM, chasfh said:

394974567_3LineupsGraphic.thumb.jpg.1b7348193a31f87f94920b58abe06078.jpg

What's Mercado doing standing between home plate and the pitching mound? Must be the relay from Norris to home plate.

20 hours ago, chasfh said:

Remember when the Sunday papers would print the batting and pitching stats of every qualified player in baseball? 

I lived for those.  The Toledo Blade would post it as you did. Detroit News would be encapsulated team-by-team.

(Includes games played through Friday.)

Mine includes games played through Saturday, because progress.

Late to the party--are these games being sim'd by a media source, or just you guys having fun?

43 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Injured Zimmermann to Miss 5-6 Months

Never have I ever rooted for an injury in a simulation like this one.

Eagle-eyed followers may have already noticed that Tyler Alexander's ERA is 10.38 while his WHIP is 0.92. Seems like that should be impossible, right? After all, if your WHIP is 1 on the dot, that suggests you're allowing one guy on base per inning, so the most that can score is one per inning, which should mean the highest your ERA could be is 9.00.

Doesn't seem right, does it? ?

15 minutes ago, Tenacious D said:

Late to the party--are these games being sim'd by a media source, or just you guys having fun?

I am not a media source, and I'm having loads of fun.

2 minutes ago, chasfh said:

I am not a media source, and I'm having loads of fun.

If it wouldn’t be too much trouble, posting a screenshot of the Tigers top prospects page once the minor league season starts would be a nice addition. That’s a pretty quick way to see a few stats of the prospects that matter. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shelton said:

If it wouldn’t be too much trouble, posting a screenshot of the Tigers top prospects page once the minor league season starts would be a nice addition. That’s a pretty quick way to see a few stats of the prospects that matter. 

Good idea. My intention was to post prospects stats once a week at minimum, as well as box scores from interesting minor league games (e.g., great hitting or pitching games) as they occur.

1 hour ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Never have I ever rooted for an injury in a simulation like this one.

The least you could do is sim concern for his sim health.

14 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Eagle-eyed followers may have already noticed that Tyler Alexander's ERA is 10.38 while his WHIP is 0.92. Seems like that should be impossible, right? After all, if your WHIP is 1 on the dot, that suggests you're allowing one guy on base per inning, so the most that can score is one per inning, which should mean the highest your ERA could be is 9.00.

The 43 runners that he has given up due to HBP don't factor into WHIP but are killing his ERA?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

He has gained 10 lb in the simulation.

Its just your monitor.

So, that leads me to this question.  If @chasfh takes a screenshot of Cabrera and posts it hear, is that 20 added lbs?

And that leads me to another question.  Is it "lb" or "lbs"?

And since we have the time, let's settle this once and for all.  RBI, RsBI, RBIs.  Pick one and state your defense (defence for our Canadian friends) of such.

In the baseball-reference.com simulation, they have Miguel batting 7th.  

And I always go with RBI, for the grammatical reason

4 minutes ago, Casimir said:

The 43 runners that he has given up due to HBP don't factor into WHIP but are killing his ERA?

Ding ding ding!

20 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Errors, hit by pitches, dropped 3rd strikeouts...

Just now, theroundsquare said:

In the baseball-reference.com simulation, they have Miguel batting 7th.  

And I always go with RBI, for the grammatical reason

I would have been open to moving him there, or close to there, if he'd started out hitting .100 or something like that, but there is zero chance Ron Gardenhire would have started the season him batting seventh. So I put him where Gardy would have, third, and hope he'd earn his keep there. Which he is.

That said, B-R also have Mize and Manning breaking camp with the team and Russell Martin joining a clogged catcher contingent even with Romine signed to be the #1 there, so I don't think they are really trying to reflect what they think would really happen with rosters and such.

8 minutes ago, Casimir said:

Its just your monitor.

So, that leads me to this question.  If @chasfh takes a screenshot of Cabrera and posts it hear, is that 20 added lbs?

And that leads me to another question.  Is it "lb" or "lbs"?

And since we have the time, let's settle this once and for all.  RBI, RsBI, RBIs.  Pick one and state your defense (defence for our Canadian friends) of such.

Doesn't look any skinnier to me, but YMMV on that.

2020-04-06_9-31-07.jpg.841c0990da77c6a2b7b54e167cb1c6cc.jpg