chasfh

2020 “REGULAR SEASON" THREAD

On 3/29/2020 at 12:52 PM, roarintiger1 said:

Anybody watching the "Tiger King" on Netflix?      For those that don't know beware, this is not a story about Al Kaline.   Nor is it a story for those with a weak stomach.    

I don't like bad shows about bad people doing bad things.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, chasfh said:

I don't like bad shows about bad people doing bad things.

There's enough of that in real life.  

I watched the whole thing and there were only a couple characters that I felt any sympathy for (the person that lost their arm and his campaign manager) the rest were either bad people or shady at best. 

11 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

There's enough of that in real life.  

I know, right?

One could argue that shows like this have contributed to our current predicament regarding leadership, although not in this part of the forum.

Imho it exposes the "bad" things. For instance I think Netflix has done an excellent job exposing social injustices in the legal system. In the case of Tiger King, it exposes a largely unregulated large cat culture. There are twice as many tigers in captivity in the US than there are wild tigers on the planet. Of course to each his own. Not judging anyone's preferences, just stating why I do like these documentaries 

The Tigers decent fake start is bringing a smile to Jon Kitna's face

Zimmermann Injured, Tigers Earn 6-5 Win Over Tribe

1066226778_4BoxScore.thumb.jpg.f20d722647d1ba5c92d6c9c1c80b7924.jpg

Baseball Reference is doing this too, but the Tigers are 1-5 over there.  Mize and Manning are up and Russell Martin is on the team.  

2 hours ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Win-win

Win depends on how long he's out.

11 hours ago, tiger337 said:

Baseball Reference is doing this too, but the Tigers are 1-5 over there.  Mize and Manning are up and Russell Martin is on the team.  

After making $20 million per annum for three years, I wonder what they have Martin signed for.

He's still a free agent in the "regular season". Maybe I look at him if Greiner plays himself off the team.

9 hours ago, chasfh said:

After making $20 million per annum for three years, I wonder what they have Martin signed for.

He's still a free agent in the "regular season". Maybe I look at him if Greiner plays himself off the team.

I agree Martin doesn't make much sense.  

21 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

I agree Martin doesn't make much sense.  

Neither does Mize or Manning being up right now in normal times, since they are not even on the 40-man. I guess B-R figures, why not be a little fanciful for fun's sake? And if the idea is just do some fun things to serve an alternate reality that would never happen normally anyway, then the sky's the limit, so why the h*** not?

I'm playing it straight with mine: "would this happen if the season were going as normal?" That's why I don't have MIze or Manning up, at least not in early April.

10 hours ago, chasfh said:

I'd guess any team that has wanted Martin in 2020 could have had him for the minimum. Nice career but it's been over for a couple of years now.

11 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Neither does Mize or Manning being up right now in normal times, since they are not even on the 40-man. I guess B-R figures, why not be a little fanciful for fun's sake? And if the idea is just do some fun things to serve an alternate reality that would never happen normally anyway, then the sky's the limit, so why the h*** not?

I'm playing it straight with mine: "would this happen if the season were going as normal?" That's why I don't have MIze or Manning up, at least not in early April.

I would probably play it straight with regards to rosters too.  However, I would have bigger divisions and allow fewer teams into the playoffs.  If there was a way to deaden the ball, I'd do that too.  

22 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

I would probably play it straight with regards to rosters too.  However, I would have bigger divisions and allow fewer teams into the playoffs.  If there was a way to deaden the ball, I'd do that too.  

I think there is a way to essentially deaden the ball by going to Game Settings/League Settings/Stats & AI, and changing the league totals to give your league stat targets to sim to.

• Like 1