chasfh

2020 “REGULAR SEASON" THREAD

1 hour ago, IdahoBert said:

that's great. 

Any idea what "G" is?

also -- reminds me of Jordan and Bird "Nothing but Net".

Hey chasfh .. .. .. .. Can you create players in that game?  How about change 'ratings' for any / all players?

Can you have multiple owner .. able to start a league with different real-life owners for different teams?

10 minutes ago, Tigrrfan said:

Hey chasfh .. .. .. .. Can you create players in that game?  How about change 'ratings' for any / all players?

Can you have multiple owner .. able to start a league with different real-life owners for different teams?

Fictional players can be created in OOTP. Entire leagues and histories can be created. I did so with my English Baseball League that I posted on the OOTP forums a few years back. That's the beauty of the game--you can make it anything you want to. But this time, I am playing the schedule straight through without fictional players or expansion teams or relocated franchises or anything like that. I'm trying to simulate the season as it would actually unfold, at least until the real season starts. That's the goal.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Fictional players can be created in OOTP. Entire leagues and histories can be created. I did so with my English Baseball League that I posted on the OOTP forums a few years back. That's the beauty of the game--you can make it anything you want to. But this time, I am playing the schedule straight through without fictional players or expansion teams or relocated franchises or anything like that. I'm trying to simulate the season as it would actually unfold, at least until the real season starts. That's the goal.

Can you create a Tiger that knows how to draw a walk?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, tiger337 said:

Torque'

7 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

Obviously the White Sox would just go up the road to Milwaukee but I wonder if the Vikings new dome could be configured for baseball if the Twins end up winning the division?    Not that it's gonna happen but if for some unknown reason the Tigers do win it could Ford Field be converted to baseball?  

I remember way back in the very early or maybe mid 90s the Detroit News had a diagram of the Silverdome's possible baseball dimensions.  I want to say that the idea was to renovate rather than replace Tiger Stadium.  I believe right field was going to be the shorter outfield and that a net would have been raised to offer some kind of extra barrier out there.

Nope.  The game shuts down automatically and you have to restart.

• Haha 1

What am I, God? I’m merely a lowly commissioner/general manager/field manager/pitching coach/third base coach/minor league director/scouting director.

One thing I’m not, however, is a bench coach. The game actually gave me Lloyd McClendon for that role. I kid you not.

• Haha 1

I don't want to shill for the game, but usually the previous edition is available for very cheap or free.  There's lots of ways to play the game.  Standard MLB, historical season, create your own from scratch.

20 minutes ago, chasfh said:

1384161307_4BoxScore.thumb.jpg.784e74ce77154abf9cdb8bfb6c9d5e42.jpg

It says ..immediately below the chart ..that In the top of the 4th, MIguel Cabrera drew a walk driving in 2 runs.  ???

1 minute ago, Tigrrfan said:

It says ..immediately below the chart ..that In the top of the 4th, MIguel Cabrera drew a walk driving in 2 runs.  ???

Nope, it was a home run. Good catch. I'll let OOTP know.

Yes .. knew it was a HR .. also knew Miggy did not get walked at all.

Was just curious why it did that.

I may actually go an buy the game now .. thanks to your answers to my questions earlier.

For $35, it's totally worth it. Unless that's gulp money to you, you won't regret it.

6 hours ago, IdahoBert said:

This is fantastic, but is the black guy Warren Cromartie? Looks like him.

31 minutes ago, chasfh said:

13557746_3LineupsGraphic.thumb.jpg.0e9c3b76bfa1a1c42f050cea1102f58b.jpg

Fake lineup. 

Like all those regulars are gonna be playing on a Sunday. Needs more mercers and beckhams

• Haha 1

Anybody watching the "Tiger King" on Netflix?      For those that don't know beware, this is not a story about Al Kaline.   Nor is it a story for those with a weak stomach.    

1 hour ago, Keepleyland2 said:

Fake lineup. 

Like all those regulars are gonna be playing on a Sunday. Needs more mercers and beckhams

Ha ha!

Mercer is not on the 40-man and Beckham is gone.

Romine, Candelario and Reyes are all sitting. Goodrum is too hot to sit for Castro.