chasfh

2020 “REGULAR SEASON" THREAD

Thursday is opening day for the Detroit Tigers as they travel to Cleveland to take on the Indians in a game starting at 1:10pm, with Matthew Boyd squaring off to meet Shane “Don’t Call Me Justin Or I Swear To God I Will Cut You” Bieber.

As the Tigers finished up their Spring Training efforts in Lakeland, they looked surprisingly poised and confident, particularly during the Grapefruit League’s final two weeks. The chemistry among the guys has been palpable, and it has also become clear that the efforts of the Tigers to incorporate advanced performance metrics and cutting edge video technology has started paying off at the plate, on the mound and in the field. Several mainstream prognosticators have forecast results far north of 100 losses again for the coming campaign, but if the last two weeks are any indication, the 2020 edition of the Detroit Tigers may well catch some surprised opponents flat-footed, and may even put a few of them firmly in their rear view mirror.

In this thread we will follow the exploits of the 2020 Tiger team in real time as the season unfolds. The plan going in is, each game will be played on the actual day it is scheduled for, and the results will be posted here, along with team stats, standings, league leaders, scores from around the league, and big news as it unfolds. We will also plan to post expanded standings, expanded league leaders, and farm system updates on a weekly basis, although if there are any requests for additional information in the meantime, post it here and we’ll try to accommodate the best we can.

And bonus: as soon as trade offers come up, those will also be posted here and we’ll get the group’s opinions on them.

MN governor said today to expect 2 months until CV19 peaks here. I'm seeing maybe half a season, with mostly empty stadiums. My gut says the season is scrapped. I did just have spicy chicken fajitas, so that could be blinding my gut.

17 minutes ago, leflore said:

MN governor said today to expect 2 months until CV19 peaks here. I'm seeing maybe half a season, with mostly empty stadiums. My gut says the season is scrapped. I did just have spicy chicken fajitas, so that could be blinding my gut.

Well, if the real season is scrapped, then you’ve got a whole “season” coming your way right here.

The chemistry of this team seems suspect.  Everyone seems to be distant, in their own little world.   

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bobrob2004 said:

The chemistry of this team seems suspect.  Everyone seems to be distant, in their own little world.   

Very good.

I don't expect a single win until at least August. **** Avila. 

Looks like Fulmer can be our opening day starter after all

We should watch a game on youtube today.... just pick one.  Like a game thread.

Who's up for a 9/9/9 today?  It ain't like we're going anywhere anyway.

30 minutes ago, Casimir said:

Who's up for a 9/9/9 today?  It ain't like we're going anywhere anyway.

Some of us our deemed essential services. I'm still out and about

3 minutes ago, leflore said:

Some of us our deemed essential services. I'm still out and about

I know there are essential folk still out & about.  Just trying a little levity.

Stay safe.

10 hours ago, bobrob2004 said:

Solid gag.

Stewart playing vs LHPs?  Did Ausmus hack your game?

Well, fwiw, last year Stewart did have a higher batting average and on base versus LHPs than he did versus RHPs.

I guess he's getting the chance to prove he's can handle them on an everyday basis this year. They do see him as part of the future, after all.

BTW, most of you probably know this, but in case you don't:

If you're having trouble reading the box score or the standings as is, you can make them bigger by first clicking on the image, which will show the image at the same size with a black background. Hover the mouse over it until you see the magnifying glass with the plus size and click it again.

If you browse the web in landscape mode, as most people do, the graphic will open in a new tab at the same size, with the same magnifying glass hovering over it. Click it once more, and the graphic will increase to its full size, and then you can scroll through to see the info you want.

March 27: Off day.

Verlander got a win yesterday.

image.thumb.jpeg.fa89cf2b786073c99e434e4917e4c10e.jpeg