34 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Someone on Reddit posted this.

1r6ikycfq3751.jpg

that's kind of interesting. How often do you see a building 'deconstructed' like that instead of just collapsed?

1 hour ago, Gehringer_2 said:

that's kind of interesting. How often do you see a building 'deconstructed' like that instead of just collapsed?

90% of the material will be recycled.  Maybe it is easier to do that by tearing down the walls first.  Once the walls are off they are going to blow up the roof supports to bring those down.  

Just now, Deleterious said:

90% of the material will be recycled.

OK - that would be the reason. If you drop it first you make an unsortable mess. I wonder if they planned for that in the construction. 

22 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Carter announced his retirement today.

I had forgotten about the "Half Man Half Amazing" nickname.

He's 43 years old.  He played 21 seasons.  Half of his life has been in the NBA.  That's crazy.

I like Charles Barkley's version, "Half Man, Half a Season"

Edit: Now that I think about it, I believe that was in reference to his cousin, T-Mac who was injured more often.

Good man.

Entire video is interesting.  But this spot will make Pistons fans smile.

The Suns with Barkley and Majerle were always my go to team on NBA Jam.  Majerle could shoot the lights out and Barkley was a badass dunker, it was a great combination.  The Rockets with Hakeem and Maxwell/Kenny Smith was another favorite for the same reasons.  

He was with OKC for a bit so I'm guessing Weaver saw something in him.  He was the 16th pick in the draft a few years ago.  

He could fill the traditional C role at 6'11 and 240 pounds.  You still need one of those now and then.

5 minutes ago, Buddha said:

Didnt Laimbeer sell Vinnie part or Laimbeer packaging or some packaging plant that after he retired?  I remember hearing something like that.

Looks like they were in business together.

https://www.autonews.com/article/20171023/OEM10/171029930/for-vinnie-johnson-a-new-game-beckons

The Brooklyn native retired from professional basketball at 35 and began considering new business pursuits. He started a construction company with a couple of buddies, but it folded after one project. He then joined with former Detroit Pistons teammate, center Bill Laimbeer, in a venture that made packaging supplies for automakers in Detroit's empowerment zone, an area where federal tax breaks promote development.

My award picks.

ROY - Ja Morant.  

MIP - Bam Adebayo.  Went from 9 PPG to 16 while becoming a top 3 DPOY candidate.  

COY - Taylor Jenkins.  He has done a great job with the young talent in Memphis.  Billy Donovan and Nick Nurse deserve a nod as well.

DPOY - Anthony Davis.  Has really improved his ability to switch on the perimeter.

Sixth Man - Dennis Schroeder.  Lou Williams and Montrezl Harrell with the honorable mentions.  

MVP - Giannis.  

2 hours ago, Deleterious said:

My award picks.

ROY - Ja Morant.  

MIP - Bam Adebayo.  Went from 9 PPG to 16 while becoming a top 3 DPOY candidate.  

COY - Taylor Jenkins.  He has done a great job with the young talent in Memphis.  Billy Donovan and Nick Nurse deserve a nod as well.

DPOY - Anthony Davis.  Has really improved his ability to switch on the perimeter.

Sixth Man - Dennis Schroeder.  Lou Williams and Montrezl Harrell with the honorable mentions.  

MVP - Giannis.  

I'd go the same but I think I'd give Nate McMillan the nod for COY but maybe that's because I underrate their non Oladiipo talent.   Also I would be really tempted to put LeBron at MVP.