well, the bulls have new management finally.  i am very sad.  word is that theyre going to fire boylen too.

the bulls hiring atkinson would be the icing on this coronavirus depression cake.

They don't even have a GM and they are speculating on the future of Boylen?  

2 hours ago, Deleterious said:

They don't even have a GM and they are speculating on the future of Boylen?  

im pretty sure any competent executive is going to fire boylen, arent you?

he was paxson's alter ego with their emphasis on the military and discipline and such.  

40 minutes ago, Buddha said:

im pretty sure any competent executive is going to fire boylen, arent you?

he was paxson's alter ego with their emphasis on the military and discipline and such.  

Every 10 GM hires how many are competent?  

I think he should be fired but who knows who they are going to hire and what he thinks.  Or she.

Gobert could be on the move.  

Does Utah really want to give Gobert a super max?  If  he makes all nba again this year he will be eligible.  That would be something like 5/$240M.  Not sure Gobert is worth that.

Behind the scenes with the Utah Jazz during the days that changed everything

The Jazz have already begun working on the Mitchell-Gobert relationship, but sources say Mitchell remains reluctant to fix what might have been broken.

“It doesn’t appear salvageable,” one source with knowledge of the situation said.

There is hope that the relationship will improve over time, and the fact that there could potentially be a lot of time to sort things out could work in Utah’s favor.

6 hours ago, Deleterious said:

that may be true, but joe cowley and gar foreman hate each other.  cowley called him a cockroach a few years ago.  i wouldnt put any stock into what cowley says about foreman.

ESPN is going to air The Last Dance unedited.  

They will be showing an edited version on ESPN2 if you have kids or don't want to hear the language.  

23 hours ago, Deleterious said:

ESPN is going to air The Last Dance unedited.  

They will be showing an edited version on ESPN2 if you have kids or don't want to hear the language.  

blah.  dont care.

someone sent me a tweet of the last minute of the last game against utah.  i got to watch the greatest offensive foul in nba history lead to jordan's final shot.

oh, and when utah needed a basket with the game on the line, there was john stockton with the ball in his hands, guarded by defensive demon steve kerr, he moves to the elbow and picks up his dribble so he can lob the ball into the post!

what a dynamic player that guy is.  best entry lob passer with the game on the line ever!

(and jordan stole the pass)

it was nice to see that bulls still hate the pistons.  little bitches.

I have no shortage of respect for Jordan the player, but the guy can't let perceived slights go.

I mean, he ridiculed his high school coach at his HoF induction because the guy cut him 25 years prior.

I'm probably in the minority of Piston fans that thought the walk off with 7 seconds left was horse ****.  (I can use a baseball term for basketball, too, right?)  Does time erase the fact that it was horse ****?

it wasnt a big deal when the celtics did it to detroit.  it wasnt a big deal when the lakers did it to the celtics.  it wasnt a big deal when the sixers did it to the celtics.

it was only a big deal when someone did it to his royal airness.

should they have done it?  no.  and the whole team didnt do it, just isiah, aguirre, and laimbeer.  dumars and salley were out there shaking hands.

its just more ammunition for the kiss *** front running jordan "fans" to claim he was slighted in some way.  

14 hours ago, Buddha said:

it was nice to see that bulls still hate the pistons.  little bitches.

The Pistons are still living rent free in Jordan's head. He just can't let it go.

As you said, nobody ever mentions the Celtics walking out because they are known as one of the "glamour boys" of the NBA but the big, bad Pistons do it and they are sore losers. Secondly, Jordan tore them to shreds right before Game 4 saying they were bad for the NBA, bad people who are out there to hurt people etc. I wouldn't shake his disgusting hand either if I was the Pistons. He also kept Isiah off the Dream Team. It's also funny him calling the Pistons bad people yet he was berating his teammates and his own GM constantly, punching teammates in the face etc. **** that guy. Best player of all time but arguably the biggest jerk of all time.

Laimbeer was right. The Bulls were a bunch of whiners and only beat the Pistons when they were on the decline (and Isiah was playing injured but of course that never gets mentioned although they would have beaten the Pistons anyway).

3 hours ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

I think NBA people underrate that 2004 Piston team cause of their final standings instead of basing it off of the team post Sheed.   After they got Sheed that year they lost the first 2 games where he was getting accumulated to the team but after that they went 21-2 when all 5 starters played with 1 of the losses being by a single point.    

Their expected W/L total was 60-22 which was 2nd best in the league but if you include just the team after Sheed then that total jumps close to 70.    

That team was just stacked with that starting 5 and the 6th man of the year in Corliss, Okur, Mike James and Lindsay Hunter coming off the bench.   I think they are legit one of the best championship teams this century but instead the average NBA fan just thinks of them as the underdog team that beat the Lakers when in reality post Sheed that team was freaking dominant.  

• Like 1