Tigrrfan

MLB .. to be suspended indefinitely due to Co-Vid19

8 hours ago, Charles Liston said:

Don't we have a guy at Toledo, Robinson, that is ready to bust out?

Smith.

9 hours ago, Keepleyland2 said:

probably cause you like them snow games

Better than no games.

11 hours ago, tiger337 said:

We had have fake games and talk about them in game threads.  Might be fun.  

we could pull up a game thread from the same date from  2006 - except the server lost a bunch of the old GT didn't it?

2 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

we could pull up a game thread from the same date from  2006 - except the server lost a bunch of the old GT didn't it?

I have thought about pulling up old games from the past on YouTube to bide some time between now and then.  1984 game 5 for instance.  Maybe an all star game like when Alex Rodriguez moved Cal Ripken from 3B to SS.

9 hours ago, tiger337 said:

You are better off staying away from that thread and just staying in the Tigers forum to talk baseball.  It's not good for your health.  Don't get involved.  I wish someone told me that when I was young. 

Did the internet exist when you were young?

8 hours ago, Charles Liston said:

Don't we have a guy at Toledo, Robinson, that is ready to bust out?

What is the backstory on Robinson?  I remember that was a running gag back in the day.

10 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

I feel bad for the minor leaguers if they have to go without pay.  I know a good chunk of those guys struggle to make it as it is. 

I can empathize with the low pay that some minor leaguers are paid ..but I do not feel as bad about the minor leaguers as some others might.

I figure it this way .. comparable in a sense to college students.  It is a personal individual choice to play MiLB in the hopes to make a career out of it and make many millions of dollars before age 35 ..sort of the same is true with college students making a personal individual choice in the quest to secure a stable high-paying career after graduation that will sustain their financial and personal desires until retirement while also earning a very comfortable retirement package.  

I do think that perhaps MLB might consider offering college scholarships to ALL their minor league players (maybe they already do?) ..as well as providing adaquate housing and a meal allowance (..again, maybe they already do?). 

But pay-wise ..in regards to very low pay ..individuals are free to make their own personal choice whether to pursue a baseball career or not ..just the same as they also have the option to attend college and pursue a different career path.  We all know that some minor league players do ultimately sign contracts with extremely wealthy bonuses immediately after being drafted ..and some of those eventually make hundreds of millions during their MLB career.

btw:  It has been my understanding that some minor league players do make a very good wage while in the minor leagues.  

1 hour ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

What is the backstory on Robinson?  I remember that was a running gag back in the day.

There were a lot of people who referred to Nate Robertson as Robinson.  It's similar to the Rayburn thing.  

2 hours ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Did the internet exist when you were young?

It depends on how you define young.  

1 minute ago, tiger337 said:

There were a lot of people who referred to Nate Robertson as Robinson.  It's similar to the Rayburn thing.  

I remember that.  Wasn't sure if there was anything that came before that.

Thanks for the clarification.

4 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

It depends on how you define young.  

40 is the new 30.

12 hours ago, tiger337 said:

You are better off staying away from that thread and just staying in the Tigers forum to talk baseball.  It's not good for your health.  Don't get involved.  I wish someone told me that when I was young. 

The political forum is like walking into the house next door when you’re a kid and discovering they run a kinky sex club and your parents are there. 

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, tiger337 said:

It's basically every other thread in the political section: a bunch of people being reasonable and Stan telling everyone they are wrong because Trump told him so. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

The political forum is like walking into the house next door when you’re a kid and discovering they run a kinky sex club and your parents are there. 

I'm not exactly sure what we should find funny about this.

But funny it is. xD

2 hours ago, IdahoBert said:

You had a helluva childhood.

In the political forum you learn things about people you wish you didn’t know. 

In the 10 years I've been here I think I've only spent a grand total of 10 mins in the political forum. Perhaps 10 minutes too much but still one of the rare healthy choices I've made in my life.

Good on Ilitch Holdings. The devil is in the details, but conceptually this is the right thing to do. I expect other ownership groups to follow suit. 

5 hours ago, IdahoBert said:

idaho is....not what i expected it to be..

2 hours ago, Buddha said:

idaho is....not what i expected it to be..

Kinky sex in Idaho is a little different than kinky sex in Chicago.  

5 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

In the 10 years I've been here I think I've only spent a grand total of 10 mins in the political forum. Perhaps 10 minutes too much but still one of the rare healthy choices I've made in my life.

WhAtEvEr DoEsN't KiLl YoU, mAkEs YoU sTrOnGeR!

(or is it just....dumber! :P)

On 3/12/2020 at 9:48 PM, Tigrrfan said:

I've never visited anything other than this Detroit Tiger site.  Would have never known that thread existed had you not posted it.

Thank you        ..☺️

Slow down on the thanks until you get there and make a dozen enemies. ??