Tigrrfan

MLB .. to be suspended indefinitely due to Co-Vid19

12 minutes ago, Casimir said:

I see you are still lacking comprehension of the situation, so I will type slower for you and with fewer syllables so that you might have a chance to understand. 

This is the Tiger forum.  What you posted had nothing to do with the Tigers and was more political in nature.

DEPENDS!

One only needs admit that off-topic jesting is normal here and occurs on a regular basis.

What you did was take offense for something which was not offensive ..and I deleted it within 3 minutes based solely upon your reactionary opinion.

Whatever!

...Let's say we just move on.

35 minutes ago, Casimir said:

Probably true.  The CWS is early/mid June?  Conference tournaments probably late May?  They could probably play a truncated schedule, but it sounds like campuses are shutting down completely, so there would be the restart of training, and that assumes this goes by in a few weeks.

I would say it's highly unlikely that this thing is over that quickly.  It could easily go on for months.

42 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

I wonder if this is going to effect the MLB draft at all? As is it Definitely complicates things for teams considering how few games were played this season.

Should be able to have the draft a lot sooner!

16 minutes ago, clark1mt said:

I would say it's highly unlikely that this thing is over that quickly.  It could easily go on for months.

true, but I would think most restrictions will begin ending once we are on the downside of the peak. The lock down and social distancing is to protect the health care system from overload.  Once that  is accomplished the disease will go on to become endemic - a regular part of the background risk of existence and we will have to return mostly to normal despite it - in that sense like flu.

And what am I supposed to do with the game thread spreadsheet?

Did anyone thing of MTS before this decision?!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Keepleyland2 said:

We had have fake games and talk about them in game threads.  Might be fun.  

Recent memory brings to mind several other major health scares that potentially threatened the US and the World ..including Swine Flu, Bird Flu, SARS, Ebola, Zika Virus ... to name just a few.

Why the far-reaching panic for the current CoVid-19?  I am not sure why ..but I do find it both alarming and puzzling at the same time.  

So ..exactly what is this CoVid-19 (current strain of corona virus?)

A little education might be helpful:  https://www.who.int/health-topics/coronavirus

15 minutes ago, Keepleyland2 said:

I, for one,  wish they had contacted you prior to making their decision.  They surely have a lot of nerve to act on their own!

What a bizarre last several days! That minor league games are suspended is the biggest disappointment to me. It’s like there is an edict that demands, If it moves cancel it!

10 minutes ago, 1776 said:

What a bizarre last several days! That minor league games are suspended is the biggest disappointment to me. It’s like there is an edict that demands, If it moves cancel it!

This is still the offseason where 42 minor league teams were on the proposed chopping block.  That kind of seems like ancient times with the way the past few weeks have gone, doesn't it?

I tell you what, once this is done and over, and folks are ready to go out and do stuff, the minor leagues just might be the salvation for those that have been penned in for too long.

1 minute ago, Tigrrfan said:

I've never visited anything other than this Detroit Tiger site.  Would have never known that thread existed had you not posted it.

Thank you        ..☺️

Don't kiss my ***, clown.

Just now, Casimir said:

Don't kiss my ***, clown.

Apparently you still have not finished wetting your pants.

You obviously were more butthurt than I had initially thought!

So sorry .. ... .. ... .. ... .. ... NOT!

21 minutes ago, Tigrrfan said:

Apparently you still have not finished wetting your pants.

You obviously were more butthurt than I had initially thought!

So sorry .. ... .. ... .. ... .. ... NOT!

I guess I don't understand why you keep coming after me because of your incompetence.

I feel bad for the minor leaguers if they have to go without pay.  I know a good chunk of those guys struggle to make it as it is. 

27 minutes ago, Casimir said:

I guess I don't understand why you keep coming after me 

probably cause you like them snow games

1 hour ago, Tigrrfan said:

I've never visited anything other than this Detroit Tiger site.  Would have never known that thread existed had you not posted it.

Thank you        ..☺️

You are better off staying away from that thread and just staying in the Tigers forum to talk baseball.  It's not good for your health.  Don't get involved.  I wish someone told me that when I was young. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

You are better off staying away from that thread and just staying in the Tigers forum to talk baseball.  It's not good for your health.  Don't get involved.  I wish someone told me that when I was young. 

Best post I have read tonight!

2 hours ago, tiger337 said:

We had have fake games and talk about them in game threads.  Might be fun.  

Don't we have a guy at Toledo, Robinson, that is ready to bust out?

1 hour ago, RandyMarsh said:

I feel bad for the minor leaguers if they have to go without pay.  I know a good chunk of those guys struggle to make it as it is. 

That's a good point.  These guys live below the poverty line already.  I hope that teams keep them on the payroll, but somehow I doubt if there are no live gates, and if the TV contracts are compromised.

10 minutes ago, Charles Liston said:

Don't we have a guy at Toledo, Robinson, that is ready to bust out?

He's blocked by Rayburn.