Tigrrfan

MLB .. to be suspended indefinitely due to Co-Vid19

2 hours ago, IdahoBert said:

How did this become a systemic norm? 

Also, I found this link interesting which a lot of you may already be familiar with but I’m only just now getting around to reading it.

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/the-cause-of-lengthening-mlb-games/

that was in 2016.  the average time of a baseball game in 2019 was five minutes longer.

manfred complains about the players taking too long in between pitches.  well....DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.  youre the commissioner, change the damn rules and make the umpires enforce them.

you are in charge.  act like it.

I hope the players stand firm on their salary demands and don’t give an inch. Ultimately, I hope they don’t play at all this year and the owners take a hit.

I do look forward to minor league ball if there is anything left of it next year.

If they don't play at all this year over money - this game is ******.     

I think we will see some minor league baseball in independent leagues this summer.   I think at some point we'll see some baseball over at the Utica park.   Heck, with so many minor leaguers cut loose, they could actually expand the league beyond the 4 teams and have some better players.  They could totally take advantage of this and have a great summer. 

(Unless they've already cancelled their season and I missed it).  

Are you suggesting fans be allowed in? Otherwise how could independent leagues make it work financially? The independent league team that draws the most fans happens to be 4-5 blocks from my office. In Minnesota we aren't near allowing fans into events yet. Just saying

As a thought exercise, I do wonder about all of the minor league players that aren’t on the 40 man roster and aren’t part of the union. If negotiations with MLB and the union break down, would MLB and MiLB work together to play developmental games for non union players. Would the union consider minor leaguers playing in minor league venues to be scabs? The current situation isn’t exactly a strike.

2 hours ago, leflore said:

Are you suggesting fans be allowed in? Otherwise how could independent leagues make it work financially? The independent league team that draws the most fans happens to be 4-5 blocks from my office. In Minnesota we aren't near allowing fans into events yet. Just saying

isn't social distancing inherent in most independent league games?

17 minutes ago, Tenacious D said:

isn't social distancing inherent in most independent league games?

Not a team owned in part by Mike Veeck (son of Bill) and Bill Murray. They have crazy fan events every game and are a big draw. Murray shows up from time to time