Tigrrfan

MLB .. to be suspended indefinitely due to Co-Vid19

I think this finally deserves its own thread

The NBA had already suspended their season indefinitely ..and many (most?) colleges are suspending or canceling all spectator sports events.

And was informed  a few moments ago that the NHL has suspended the rest of their season until further notice.

Just checking the NHL news reports ..am now also seeing news reports that MLB will be suspending all baseball operations indefinitely beginning no later than EOD today.

So, ..what this means is that today is probably the last day to attend any Spring Training and Regular Season MLB game until 'who-knows-when'.

Many here probably already are aware.  Just wanted an 'official' thread to follow this sad news that all MLB spectator events are locked down until the corona virus pandemic is under control.  Could it be May, June, July ..or beyond ..nobody knows.

nhl shut down.  ncaa will be shut down soon.  kansas and duke already said they wont be going.

This means that the Tigers will still be in 1st place headed into April.

1 hour ago, Buddha said:

nhl shut down.  ncaa will be shut down soon.  kansas and duke already said they wont be going.

NCAA now canceled.

I say just shut it down till May and reevaluate it then.  If they want they can mix in some more double headers during the summer or cut down on any off days.   

If say they can add 10-15 games that way then you're really only talking about missing 15 or so games off the schedule.  

ESPN and FS1 are going to have to go back to showing Australian Rules Football in prime time.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tenacious D said:

ESPN and FS1 are going to have to go back to showing Australian Rules Football in prime time.

And that is one goofy game.

This is the one good thing about not having any good teams in the city.  If I was a fan of teams that had chances to win championships I would be worried and upset now thinking about how this could effect their chances, particularly in the NHL and NBA. 

I would hate to be a fan of those teams and the league ends up cancelling the season.

Minor league ball has announced they are suspending opening the season indefinitely. Now it’s getting serious.

Honestly I think I was more looking forward to the minor league season and seeing how our prospects perform over mlb and the Tigers. 

Looks like the end of the NCAA season (for all sports) is imminent.  It is for the Big 10

0687873B-AACF-4850-96F7-7457863FFD24.jpeg

The CWS has been called off. What a ridiculous move this far out! 

4 minutes ago, 1776 said:

That is.  It's almost as if they are trying to get attention. 

7 minutes ago, 1776 said:

That does seem a bit odd.

Deleted within the first 3 minutes of posting  .. because apparently somebody pee'd their pants already.

2 minutes ago, Tigrrfan said:

Just read that the 2020 Elections have been cancelled .. and that , by default, ..Trump will be president for 4 more years.

Now let's see how fast they cure this thing!

This should probably be deleted and moved to the political section.

22 minutes ago, 1776 said:

Teams are cancelling their seasons. It doesn't matter how far off the CWS would be if the participants have already decided they are not competing to get there.

14 minutes ago, Tigrrfan said:

I was wrong for posting what I posted where I posted it.

There, fixed it for you.

4 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

Teams are cancelling their seasons. It doesn't matter how far off the CWS would be if the participants have already decided they are not competing to get there.

Probably true.  The CWS is early/mid June?  Conference tournaments probably late May?  They could probably play a truncated schedule, but it sounds like campuses are shutting down completely, so there would be the restart of training, and that assumes this goes by in a few weeks.

8 minutes ago, Casimir said:

There, fixed it for you.

So says you that quoted what you deemed inappropriate here!

I wonder if this is going to effect the MLB draft at all? As is it Definitely complicates things for teams considering how few games were played this season.

1 minute ago, Tigrrfan said:

Says you that quoted what you deemed inappropriate here!

Again .. 

image.jpeg.09a6a083a13d0b61372cf657ac12dddf.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I see you are still lacking comprehension of the situation, so I will type slower for you and with fewer syllables so that you might have a chance to understand. 

This is the Tiger forum.  What you posted had nothing to do with the Tigers and was more political in nature.