Sign in to follow this  
Keepleyland2

3/12 @1:05 Atlanta Braves vs Detroit Tigers

Spring Training Game 19

20190601-182229.jpg

State  of the Series: Georgia (photo by KL2)

Tigers Record: 9-6-2

Braves connections to Georgia: They play their games there. 

Braves players from GeorgiaTim Hudson, Wally Joyner, Marquis Grissom, Tyler Flowers, 

Other MLB players from Georgia: Frank Thomas, Buster Posey, Adam Wainwright, Mike Cameron, Bucky Dent, Dana Fillingim, Hal Breeden

• Like 1

I’m expecting spring training to be gone any day now I’m amazed it isn’t gone yet.

Manfred has proven his lack of leadership on several occasions. For him, it’s all about the money so he’ll have a tough call to make.

7 minutes ago, 1776 said:

Manfred has proven his lack of leadership on several occasions. For him, it’s all about the money so he’ll have a tough call to make.

But that spring training attendance revenue....

Manfred is an absolute farce for a leader.  But I cannot believe that none of the MLB owners have come out and questioned playing exhibitions in front of fans while other organizations are making significant adjustments to regular season and/or tournament games.

Is Manfred still investigating the Red Sox?  Or will he brush that under the rug with the attention paid to the Coronavirus issue?

3 hours ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

THE Hal Breeden is from Georgia?

Name from the past. Those were my early baseball card days. I can picture the '73 card. Iirc he had some monster milb stats

B4F181E5-E69F-4E18-9C6D-61B0E27BC849.thumb.jpeg.a8b30aa41832f03c440547e407bb1135.jpeg

Dickerson and Price’s discussion of COVID-19 is inspiring. Rosenthal says that the announcement for the cessation of activities is near. One of the things that Dan is talking about is what’s going to happen to all the service workers at the parks. Because they are flat out out of a job. That says a lot about him. He knows these people he gives a damn about them. A lot of people never even think about the collateral damage something like this implies. 

1 hour ago, IdahoBert said:

B4F181E5-E69F-4E18-9C6D-61B0E27BC849.thumb.jpeg.a8b30aa41832f03c440547e407bb1135.jpeg

Dickerson and Price’s discussion of COVID-19 is inspiring. Rosenthal says that the announcement for the cessation of activities is near. One of the things that Dan is talking about is what’s going to happen to all the service workers at the parks. Because they are flat out out of a job. That says a lot about him. He knows these people he gives a damn about them. A lot of people never even think about the collateral damage something like this implies. 

They're weaving the self protective basics in with calling the game now.

I just don't understand why they are playing today if they have decided to suspend tomorrow.  Seems dumb.  Maybe I'm feeding the dumb by listening to the game, I don't know.

Dan on the radio right now:  all games suspended through first 2 weeks of regular season then a reassessment will occur at that time.  

• Sad 1