Deleterious

Season suspended

20 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

That is certainly an argument.  Seems sort of simple though and ignores a large part of the game.  But I imagine that was intentional to make your point.

its a point many on the "stockton uber alles because his numbers look so great" crowd mention too.

isiah's playoff numbers are better than his regular season numbers.  stockton's are worse.

i think stockton was a great player for a lot of reasons, but one was that he played the same way each night.  he was efficient.  he didnt turn the ball over like isiah.  he didnt take as many dumb shots as isiah.  he was probably a better defender.

but when it comes time to carry a team, stockton could never do it because he's just not that type of player.  if you want someone to pass the ball to an open man on a curl or to make a great (usually illegal) screen, stockton is your man.  if you need someone to win you a game in the 4th quarter, best look elsewhere.

3 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

i think russell westbrook would physically dominate isiah and stockton.  they couldnt guard him.

i also think westbrook would lose the game because the rest of his team would stand around and watch while he dribbled.

isiah became a better player when he learned how to play as a teammate (while still being able to turn it up when he needed to).  it would have been interesting to watch houston in the playoffs this year and see how russ reacts to standing and watching harden play hero ball.

20 minutes ago, Buddha said:

its a point many on the "stockton uber alles because his numbers look so great" crowd mention too.

isiah's playoff numbers are better than his regular season numbers.  stockton's are worse.

i think stockton was a great player for a lot of reasons, but one was that he played the same way each night.  he was efficient.  he didnt turn the ball over like isiah.  he didnt take as many dumb shots as isiah.  he was probably a better defender.

but when it comes time to carry a team, stockton could never do it because he's just not that type of player.  if you want someone to pass the ball to an open man on a curl or to make a great (usually illegal) screen, stockton is your man.  if you need someone to win you a game in the 4th quarter, best look elsewhere.

Keep going.  You might even eventually convince yourself.  

12 minutes ago, Buddha said:

i think russell westbrook would physically dominate isiah and stockton.  they couldnt guard him.

i also think westbrook would lose the game because the rest of his team would stand around and watch while he dribbled.

isiah became a better player when he learned how to play as a teammate (while still being able to turn it up when he needed to).  it would have been interesting to watch houston in the playoffs this year and see how russ reacts to standing and watching harden play hero ball.

I tend to wonder not so much about who would be better between players of different eras but how would a player be different if they grew up in a different era.    Imagine what kind of player Isiah would be had he been identified as a 10 or 11 year old and started high level training at that age?  What would have been like had he grown up in an era that didn’t frown about strength training and muscle growth from a PG?  How much better would he be with extra reps playing against top players from around the country in summer league?    Stockton would probably be a totally different guy now too.   Certainly, he’d be much stronger and I could even see him throwing down nasty dunks if he came up in this time.  

House 1 would suck.  Met Laimbeer a few times and he is just the way you would expect him to be.  Darren seems like he would be cool.  No clue who Davis is but Miggy seems like a ****.  If I lived with Rasheed I would wake up every morning at 4AM and yell, "COVER HORRY!."

House 2 is so me.  You would go days at a time without anyone even saying a word.  Plus me and Joe have a score to settle.

House 3 isn't bad.  Lou might get a bit preachy.  Heard him on a podcast recently and he talked a lot more than I expected.  Spielman seems cool at first but in close proximity you would get sick of him I think.

House 4 is a no.  Any house with Rodman is going to be crazy.  And I saw pictures of Verlander naked so that would be awkward.  Shanahan seems ok but never a fan of Gibson.

House 5 is a huge no.  Morris and Stack seem fine.  But Suh and Raiola would make me wanna kill myself. Joey would party a bit much IMO.

House 6 is also a no.  I would end up buying Probert drugs to beat up Thomas.

37 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Keep going.  You might even eventually convince yourself.  

meh.  your disagreement is just further proof that im right.

1 hour ago, Motown Bombers said:

I think I would go with House 2. House 4 would have Verlander banging on the garbage can all day.

IDK - it might be so quiet you'd have to spend a lot of time checking to see if everyone was still alive.

6 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

I think I would go with House 2. House 4 would have Verlander banging on the garbage can all day.

If you don't have something nice to say about Kate, then say nothing at all.

21 hours ago, Deleterious said:

House 2 is so me.  You would go days at a time without anyone even saying a word.  Plus me and Joe have a score to settle.

This.  100% on all counts.