Deleterious

Season suspended

Jesus christ.  Have we not suffered enough the past week or two?  Now they are going to hit us with Pistons replays.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

Could he not have worded this differently? While reading I was thinking he was gonna say he had it.  

Sounds like his choice of wording had the desired effect.

Just thinking about how fortunate the Warriors are in all of this.  The year they essentially had to tank for injuries is the year that very well may not count anyway, so it really doesn't end up mattering.  The only way it would have been better is if this was a draft with a Zion or Anthony Davis like talent.

On the flip side I feel for a team like the Bucks.   Who knows how much longer Giannis is gonna be there so this may have been their best shot at a championship.  Kinda reminds me of the Montreal Expos the year of the baseball strike.  

James Dolan tests positive for Corona Virus.  I know it sounds sick to wish ill on somebody but I wonder how many Knicks fans are happy about this news?

On 3/28/2020 at 9:14 PM, RandyMarsh said:

James Dolan tests positive for Corona Virus.  I know it sounds sick to wish ill on somebody but I wonder how many Knicks fans are happy about this news?

the one owner who didnt think they needed to cancel the season because if coronavirus...

Since Dolan gets kicked around so much, and rightfully so, he has done some good.

He committed to paying his employees through the first week of May, with some prodding but still.

He also offered up MSG to act as a makeshift hospital in NYC.  Although, my girlfriend works for a group that owns and operates hospitals/clinics/etc.  Part of her job right now is coordinating with local officials to set up those makeshift places.  She said everyone's first suggestion is the local sports arena because hey, it can hold 20K people!.  The problem is most of those people are seated on an angle that you could never put a bed on.  So those arenas are kind of useless when it comes right down to it.  So offering them up is sort of harvesting good karma knowing they wont be used.

ESPN has moved the release date for the Bulls documentary.  Was set to be released in June and it will now be released in April.  10 part series on their sixth title run.

11 hours ago, Deleterious said:

ESPN has moved the release date for the Bulls documentary.  Was set to be released in June and it will now be released in April.  10 part series on their sixth title run.

10 part series?  talk about overkill.  how many episodes does it take to say "won a bunch of championships with 2 great players against a watered down league"?

i like how people voted michael jordan as the greatest college basketball player of all time.  people are stupid.

19 hours ago, Buddha said:

10 part series?  talk about overkill.  how many episodes does it take to say "won a bunch of championships with 2 great players against a watered down league"?

i like how people voted michael jordan as the greatest college basketball player of all time.  people are stupid.

I got a kick out of that last part too. It's funny MJ supporters always play the championship card anytime you want to suggest somebody else as GOAT but when I commented on a post on Twitter about it and  Kareem should've won and cited how he won championships every year he was there for one of the reasons MJ fans completely dismissed it.  

11 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

I got a kick out of that last part too. It's funny MJ supporters always play the championship card anytime you want to suggest somebody else as GOAT but when I commented on a post on Twitter about it and  Kareem should've won and cited how he won championships every year he was there for one of the reasons MJ fans completely dismissed it.  

i think kareem lost 3 games in his entire college career.  they literally changed the rules of the game to stop him (no dunks).  he was player of the year they let him play (couldnt play as a freshman).  he won three straight championships.  averaged like 30 points a game.

jordan won once.  was on a loaded team full of nba players and got beat early in the tournament in his next two years.  averaged maybe 16 points a game.

i mean, how about bill walton?  won 88 straight games and 2 championships.  multiple player of the year awards.

****, christian laettner had a better college career than jordan.  or bird for that matter.

but look, they put SHAQ in the final four.  again, people are stupid.

10 minutes ago, Buddha said:

how about bill walton?

would have been fun to see the pro career a healthy Bill Walton could have had.

1 hour ago, Deleterious said:

Before Jordan was drafted.

was that after indiana beat jordan's heavily favored north carolina team in the tournament?

40 minutes ago, Buddha said:

was that after indiana beat jordan's heavily favored north carolina team in the tournament?

It was after he beat the NBA players in an Olympic tuneup.  

2 hours ago, Deleterious said:

I just looked at the bracket.  The dumbest thing was including women.  

you knew jordan would win.

if they had put lebron or kobe in the bracket, they would have finished in the final four...

Solve this one quietly and behind closed doors.  Nobody ever wants to see billionaires arguing with millionaires about money.  But right now is an even worse time.

Someone brought up a good point.  Assuming the seasons is cancelled.  

Imagine a team like the Clippers.  You gave up two 1st round picks + a 2nd rounder + a player (Harkless) to get Marcus Morris for 12 games and 0 playoff games.

Theyre not coming back this year.

As Ferris Bueller once said..."you're still here?  It's over.  Go home already."

• Haha 1

On 4/3/2020 at 9:51 AM, Buddha said:

i think kareem lost 3 games in his entire college career.  they literally changed the rules of the game to stop him (no dunks).  he was player of the year they let him play (couldnt play as a freshman).  he won three straight championships.  averaged like 30 points a game.

jordan won once.  was on a loaded team full of nba players and got beat early in the tournament in his next two years.  averaged maybe 16 points a game.

i mean, how about bill walton?  won 88 straight games and 2 championships.  multiple player of the year awards.

****, christian laettner had a better college career than jordan.  or bird for that matter.

but look, they put SHAQ in the final four.  again, people are stupid.

Jordan is a reputation award. He's not even a top 10 college player of all time. I can name 10 right off the top of my head (Kareem, Walton, Oscar Robertson, Maravich, Laettner, Wilt, West, Thompson, Sampson and Wayman Tisdale who is largely forgotten as an all time great).