Deleterious

Season suspended

Watched the 30 for 30 on Dennis Rodman today.  Wow.  Its easy to get have gotten caught up with him just solely at that point of his life.  But when you see it in a condensed TV show, the career, the off the court, the relationships he did/didn't have,....  its somewhat miraculous that he's still alive.

On 3/13/2020 at 5:58 PM, Deleterious said:

Zion did them one better.

Any billionaire owner not paying his/her employees should be embarrassed.

Another reason public press releases from players are good. Embarrass the owners.

9 hours ago, Deleterious said:

After 3 months, I doubt I even care about the playoffs.  

After 3 months, I might be willing to even watch college basketball.

They need to bite the bullet and cancel the season. It took China months to control the virus after a full scale lockdown so it will likely be a few months minimum until this thing hits its peak and then subsides especially with how late this idiotic administration took to take this thing seriously and start to act accordingly.

To be honest, the bigger question to me is if they start NEXT season on time, not if they can revive this season. I expect that we'll see season cancellation notices from all leagues in the next few weeks.

I'd rather they cancel the season than watch games without fans. A big part of playoff excitement is fan atmosphere. Without them, it looks like a bunch of guys playing a practice game.

On 3/15/2020 at 1:03 PM, Deleterious said:

But who is going to step up and help the strippers? 

challenge accepted!

i like the idea of playing without fans.  i think it would be cool to hear the players talk smack to each other and the coaches rant at the refs.

Let's try to focus on the positive for a few moments.  Boy, Christian Wood has become a real find!  Great job by the front office.  Hopefully they can keep him now!

For the the justified grief we give this franchise, finding a player like Wood gives me a little hope.

In regards to Wood, not to be a complete Debbie Downer but hopefully there isn't any long term effects for Wood if he indeed has the virus.    I'm sure with his age and health it's not going to be real serious but there is still a chance that it could effect his lung capacity long term.   

1 hour ago, RandyMarsh said:

In regards to Wood, not to be a complete Debbie Downer but hopefully there isn't any long term effects for Wood if he indeed has the virus.    I'm sure with his age and health it's not going to be real serious but there is still a chance that it could effect his lung capacity long term.   

he will be fine

Durant is reportedly one of those Nets with the virus.  Tough calendar year for him.  

I love when a famous person tests positive.  The next hour on Twitter is just people posting pics of that famous person with other famous person from the past week or so.

I imagine the falling salary cap will make guys take their player option instead of opting out.  Nobody wants to be a free agent the summer the cap drops a bunch.