Deleterious

Season suspended

Saw an interesting highlight clip posted the other day.  It was CP3 inbounding the ball on the sideline down near the baseline.  Because there are no fans/chairs along the sideline now, he could step back a good 5 feet away from the guy guarding the inbound pass.  He could never do that in a normal situation with fans in attendance.  

Lou Williams is a well respected, 33 year old vet and he couldn’t help himself to care enough to follow the rules while outside the bubble.  He even had no problem lying about it afterwards until he was caught red handed.    This type of behavior is probably very common among pro athletes and doesn’t bode well for the two major sports that are going ahead without a bubble.  The honor system just doesn’t work.   

Nobody is shocked about Lou.  From the Zach Lowe podcast the day before all this broke.

At 12:45 of the podcast which discussed the candidates for sixth man of the year, Lowe says “About Lou. Lou’s [numbers are] not gonna change. Lou’s Lou, you know what I mean... but he’s not young and the off court activities still exist I think he’s dialed them back a little bit by his own description... last year I wrote a story on Lou and Montrezl [Harrell] and their on-court and off-court relationship, and Lou told me a story... he said you know sometimes I just don’t tell the young players where I’m gonna go out at night cause they all want to come with me and like they can’t hang. They can’t play the next day doing what I do but I can play the next day.”

3 hours ago, Deleterious said:

I saw two WNBA teams walk off the floor during the national anthem.  That has to be a really tough spot for them.  Walk and stand strong on your principals.  Or stay and collect that $48 game check.  

better yet, stay and complain that you deserve to be paid as much as the male players.

1 hour ago, Deleterious said:

Nobody is shocked about Lou.  From the Zach Lowe podcast the day before all this broke.

Normal times and nobody would be shocked that he’s at a strip club partying with DJ’s.  I think people are surprised that a vet has shown no care for the quarantine and the bubble rules.   It’s selfish and dumb and has hurt his team.  

It’s also going to turn into a $150,000 trip to the club for him. I actually wouldn’t be shocked if that wasn’t even the most he’s spent on a night out before. 

58 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

Normal times and nobody would be shocked that he’s at a strip club partying with DJ’s.  I think people are surprised that a vet has shown no care for the quarantine and the bubble rules.   It’s selfish and dumb and has hurt his team.  

It’s also going to turn into a $150,000 trip to the club for him. I actually wouldn’t be shocked if that wasn’t even the most he’s spent on a night out before. 

the only thing that surprises me is that he's the only one thats been caught so far.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Deleterious said:

"stopping to get hot wings."

He should be kicked out of the league and docked his entire salary.

Bang up day yesterday for NBA players.

Dame tweeted and quickly deleted something about some crazy doctor group with very odd thoughts on Covid.

Michael Porter Jr. then stepped up and said he does not believer in vaccinations and is not vaccinated.  That was sort of odd since he played at Missouri and they require incoming students to be vaccinated.  So, he probably was unless he received a religious exemption.

That was not even the oddest comments from Porter.  He went on to talk about how Covid is being used to push a bigger agenda, specifically population control. 

Michael Porter Jr. pushes coronavirus conspiracy theory

They need to just shut up and dribble. It's better if they keep their world perspectives to themselves.

23 hours ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Better for whom?

Better for everybody including themselves if athletes don't make dumb statements about world issues. Not all of them are as ignorant or uninformed as Michael Porter Jr. is but too many are. Sometimes it's better to just zip it.

When it comes to thinking of coronavirus conspiracies, it's probably best not to say it out loud if you're a high profile athlete or the anti semitic rhetoric from DeSean Jackson or piggybacking on anti semitic rheotric like Stephen Jackson did. It's just common sense really. Just my opinion, you can disagree if you want.

Nobody should say stupid or hurtful things.  Hard to argue otherwise.

People pay attention to famous people.  That is what being famous means.  Hard to argue otherwise.

The world is an imperfect place.  There are no shortage of meatheads who think they are qualified on a subject they objectively have no expertise in.  Dunning-Kruger and all of that.  A percentage of those meatheads are famous, and they grace us with their (lack of) knowledge.

That written, most people aren't that way, and I find it hard to discount out of hand anything an athlete has to say / try to discourage expression of ideas across the board because a small percentage think the world is flat or some other objectively ludicrous thing.

Didn't watch but someone needs to explain Zion and his low minutes.  Twitter says bad defense

Houston scored 75 points in the first half and still trail by 10.

It just isn't the same without the fans.

52 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

It just isn't the same without the fans.

or the defense.

He went to a strip club for something other than wings?  I'm shocked.  

At first I was offended he was there during the day.  But even for a celebrity to get their name on the menu you have to put in some serious seat time.  That probably requires some daytime visits.  

Lap dances and nudity are the job, so how did an Atlanta strip club and Lou Williams navigate social distancing

Working the day shift from 3 to 9 p.m., Aries said she danced last week for Williams, a regular at the club who has a dish named after him: the “Louwill Lemon Pepper BBQ wings.”

After placing an order with the Magic City kitchen, the high-scoring Clippers guard ambled around the club, Aries said, and she was one of a few dancers who performed for him, keeping a six-foot distance.