Deleterious

Season suspended

On 6/29/2020 at 1:29 AM, Deleterious said:

His number is 26.  The national debt is 26 trillion.  

The last time I cared to look...MANY years ago it was at like 6 trillion...and I thought THAT was crazy at the time.

He has played 13 games in 2 seasons.  So act shocked he is hurt again.

yeah, im sure none of the nba players would venture out of a bubble in a city with nothing for young men to do like chicago.

if they want a real bubble, put em in edmonton or winnipeg.

Loving is a local guy.  Not 100% sure he grew up here but he did go to Schoolcraft's culinary school.  He is still involved there directing one of the culinary programs.  Owned The Loving Spoonful in Farmington Hills.  Did a lot of work with the Pistons as well. Catered their team flights, was a chef to individual players.  

Something nobody is really talking about yet.  The NBA is in serious danger of starting next season without fans at games.  That is a big deal to a lot of potential free agents in the summer of 2021, which is supposed to be a loaded class with a lot of potential max contract type players.

We have no clue what the salary cap will be.  So I ran the numbers for all three levels of max contracts assuming the cap is $115m/$100m/$85m.  Base raise each year is 8.5% of Year 1 salary.

Players are going to lose a lot of money.

lFj84n4.png

I know it’s been talked about many times but The NBA would so benefit from permanently moving their season from Christmas to late July/Early August.   Playoffs in the summer competing with only meaningless mid-season MLB would spike their fan interest, ratings, and money. 

i would miss the nba in the winter, though.  gives you something to watch when you cant go outside.

and im not sure nba ratings would be that high in the summer because people are out doing other things and dont want to be indoors.  baseball is uniquely suited for summer because its games are outside in the nice weather.  and the players arent laden down with pads like in football or actually moving a lot like soccer so it can be played when its 100 degrees outside without worrying about the players dying.

that said, part of me would want anything to break up the monotony of baseball season.