Keepleyland2

3/10 @1:05 Pittsburgh Pirates vs Detroit Tigers

Spring Training Game 18

image.jpeg.fccccab83cc29cbd4e8245c84392ad58.jpeg

State  of the Series: Georgia

Tigers Record: 8-6-2

Tigers connections to Georgia: The great Ty Cobb, the first Hall of Famer

Tigers players from GeorgiaKenny Rogers, Todd Jones, Milt Cuyler, Nikko Goodrum, Ivy Shriver, Josh Smoker

• Like 1

My first memory of baseball is when I was eight years old and Bill Mazeroski beat the Yankees in the World Series. Even then I had my head screwed on right and I knew that I had to root against NY. I remember having this baseball card. 

13FC4B38-7C8B-4BB4-B0CD-0A29BACE336A.jpeg.b393640b3b0a5372dde67beda5bd7b98.jpeg

The next year when I was nine in 1961 I chose the Tigers as my team and never looked back. 

Good game so far. Boyd pulled after 4.1 and 60 pitches. Candelario and Cron with HRs. 

13 hours ago, IdahoBert said:

My first memory of baseball is when I was eight years old and Bill Mazeroski beat the Yankees in the World Series. Even then I had my head screwed on right and I knew that I had to root against NY. I remember having this baseball card. 

13FC4B38-7C8B-4BB4-B0CD-0A29BACE336A.jpeg.b393640b3b0a5372dde67beda5bd7b98.jpeg

The next year when I was nine in 1961 I chose the Tigers as my team and never looked back. 

Still remember that HR as a youngster in Western Pa. I lasted a bit longer than you. When we moved south I had the pleasure of watching some of the future stars of the 1979 team play in the minors.

My wife once joked to Phil Garner that our son was born nine months after the 1979 championship. That’s the reason we only have one child.

• Like 2

Some talk on Twitter about Boyd's new and improved curveball.  Hopefully he can carry that over to the regular season cause I think it could do wonders keeping hitters off balanced and potentially keep them off his fastball. 

On that note I know he did alot work with driveline to see if he can pickup any velo and/or spin on it so I'll be interested to see if that looks any better this year as well. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RandyMarsh said:

Some talk on Twitter about Boyd's new and improved curveball.  Hopefully he can carry that over to the regular season cause I think it could do wonders keeping hitters off balanced and potentially keep them off his fastball. 

On that note I know he did alot work with driveline to see if he can pickup any velo and/or spin on it so I'll be interested to see if that looks any better this year as well. 

Boyd didn't even need to improve it that much, he just needs to get where he has the confidence to throw it more.

4-1 win in a game taking only 2:14. Gregory Soto did great. Boyd’s curve is a big deal too. 

On 3/10/2020 at 3:03 PM, RandyMarsh said:

Yes, that will be interesting. Curve balls in the early season games can be a challenge though. The cold weather can make it hard on the grip of the ball. Or, so I've heard.

On 3/10/2020 at 1:33 PM, IdahoBert said:

The Tigers now have 34 MLB-leading spring HRs

They're getting it out of their system now