Sign in to follow this  
Casimir

03/08/2020 7:30 EDT Detroit Pistons vs New York Knicks

03/08/2020 7:30 EDT from New York, New York...

DET-2020.png  NYK-2020.png

Detroit Pistons (20-44) vs New York Knicks (19-44)

Knicks are a half game up on us.  A loss here and we leapfrog them.  We're tied with Minnesota and they play at home against NO today.

Possible to be alone in 4th after todays games.

I would fire Casey(never happening) and bring in Atkinson to develop the young players.

31 minutes ago, kdog said:

I would fire Casey(never happening) and bring in Atkinson to develop the young players.

Same.  And I agree it will never happen.

If Leon Rose wants to get off to a good start he should fire Mike "Not that Mike Miller" Miller and hire Atkinson immediately.  

2 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Same.  And I agree it will never happen.

If Leon Rose wants to get off to a good start he should fire Mike "Not that Mike Miller" Miller and hire Atkinson immediately.  

Agree 100%. Casey doesn't seem skilled at motivating and developing the young guys

How disgraceful for the NBA that both Knicks and Pistons fans are rooting for their team to lose today

The amazing thing is a guy playing 1600 minutes and only getting to the line 29 times.

Minnesota and Chicago both lost.  Cleveland is up by about 13 on San Antonio in the 2nd quarter.

I have taken a ton of shots at Billy Donovan.  But he would be my coach of the year right now.  Nice win for them in Boston today.

Good L.  Tied for 4th now in the lottery.  

Cleveland just went to OT against SA.

I just assume the Pistons and Red Wings are going to get screwed by the lottery so it is hard for me to get that excited about it.  

so once they start playing these games behind closed doors, what will the impact on the salary cap be?

It will hurt, especially the playoffs, but you can't really put a dollar value on it right now.  A Bucks-Jazz final will be a much cheaper ticket than something like Lakers-Celtics.  

They are the extreme example, but Golden State was grossing $15M per playoff game just in ticket sales. So yeah, it will hurt.

18 hours ago, leflore said:

Agree 100%. Casey doesn't seem skilled at motivating and developing the young guys

Christian Wood, Bruce Brown, Svi and Kennard (until he was injured) showed great improvement from last year.

Huge loss. 17 more hopefully. It's really starting to become a reality that this franchise has a legitimate shot at the first pick.

5 minutes ago, Sydney_Fife said:

Huge loss. 17 more hopefully. It's really starting to become a reality that this franchise has a legitimate shot at the first pick.

Pistons have one of the toughest schedules remaining in the NBA and have been the worst team in the NBA since trading Drummond and buying out Jackson/Morris.

I'd say anything less than a top 3 pick would be terrible luck at this point. 

i thought casey was known for developing young players?  siakem?

25 minutes ago, Buddha said:

A lot of people who doubt Casey believe that Nurse was the one who implemented the entire offense, made all changes and developed players in Toronto. Any positive changes were supposedly forced by Masai & Nurse.

In reality, people around the NBA respect Casey as exactly the kind of guy you want on a rebuilding team - tough, transparent, respected by the players and runs a tight ship. 

54 minutes ago, 313DetroitCity said:

A lot of people who doubt Casey believe that Nurse was the one who implemented the entire offense, made all changes and developed players in Toronto. Any positive changes were supposedly forced by Masai & Nurse.

In reality, people around the NBA respect Casey as exactly the kind of guy you want on a rebuilding team - tough, transparent, respected by the players and runs a tight ship. 

that's what i remember.  he had a reputation of working well with younger players.

16 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Casey is garbage.  But he's our garbage with 3 years left on his deal.  

What specifically makes him "garbage" in developing young players? Seems to me his teams have just about performed to their talent level for his coaching career in Toronto and Detroit.

3 hours ago, 313DetroitCity said:

Pistons have one of the toughest schedules remaining in the NBA and have been the worst team in the NBA since trading Drummond and buying out Jackson/Morris.

I'd say anything less than a top 3 pick would be terrible luck at this point. 

The odds favor them drafting outside of the top 3 even if they finish last, actually drafting 5th is most likely if they finish last. The top 3 all have equal odds of winning the lottery and the odds slowly drop after that.

In other words, tanking doesn't matter that much with the new draft lottery structure.

4 hours ago, Buddha said:

DeRozan, revived Lowry's career. I'm not much of a Casey fan but he laid the foundation for what the Raptors are today. I just don't think he's a great systems coach or a guy who can take your team to the next level. Seems like a pretty good developmental coach though.

• Thanks 1