Sign in to follow this  
Casimir

03/04/2020 7:00 EST Oklahoma City Thunder vs Detroit Pistons

3 hours ago, Deleterious said:

They might have a gentlemans agreement to run a trade past him first.

Saw a rumor that this could be it.  Rose had said he wanted to stay in Detroit, but that could have just been playing to the home crowd.

We need to manufacture some sort of injury for Wood.  He is starting to get expensive this summer.  

• Like 1

Can you think of two times in his entire career that Andre attacked people and the rim this way?

• Like 1

Wood finished with 29 points and 10 rebounds.  He shot 12-15 from the field and 5-6 from three.  6 TO's puts a damper on things.  

People are calling him the best high school player since Lebron.  He turned 16 a month ago.

Terrence Ross had 35 points last night, and literally did nothing else.  0 rebounds, 0 assists, 0 steals, 0 blocks.  

This is Seth Curry's brother.  Golden State just called him up from their G-League team.

The McRae pickup confuses me. Why? If he was 3-4 years younger I'd get it to see if the can be a long term solution but at almost 30, what's the point other than to help them win now? If they are short a spot, fill it with a G Leaguer.

13 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Can you think of two times in his entire career that Andre attacked people and the rim this way?

Both were probably against Embiid and we can just assume how well those went.

6 hours ago, Deleterious said:

People are calling him the best high school player since Lebron.  He turned 16 a month ago.

I had heard a little buzz about him, but I thought he was older.

Let's get those frozen envelopes ready.

Claiming McRae off waivers means they keep his early Bird rights.  I think they plan to make another run at the playoffs next year.  Why wasn't Galloway bought out like Jackson and Morris?  They probably want to bring him back this summer.  

Blake, Rose, and Kennard come back healthy.  Keep Galloway, McRae, and Wood.  Add a high draft pick.  They probably think that can compete.

That is about the only logical reason to claim McRae.  

7 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Claiming McRae off waivers means they keep his early Bird rights.  I think they plan to make another run at the playoffs next year.  Why wasn't Galloway bought out like Jackson and Morris?  They probably want to bring him back this summer.  

Blake, Rose, and Kennard come back healthy.  Keep Galloway, McRae, and Wood.  Add a high draft pick.  They probably think that can compete.

Maybe Galloway is a guy they really like in the locker room, and he isn't exactly helping them win games anyway. 

In terms of McRae, they might just believe he is a decent offensive player worth taking a look at for a cheap roster spot next season. 

22 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

So in other words, it's illogical.

This is what I've been saying to those who are saying that the Pistons are finally rebuilding. Nah, it's a half year of rebuilding then back to shooting for an 8th seed again next season and who knows after that.

Yeah.  They only gave up on the season because of the injuries.  If healthy they would be chugging along to get their heads caved in by the Bucks again.

I fully expect them to shoot for the playoffs again next year.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Blake, Rose, and Kennard come back healthy.

Stop.

18 minutes ago, NYLion said:

So in other words, it's illogical.

This is what I've been saying to those who are saying that the Pistons are finally rebuilding. Nah, it's a half year of rebuilding then back to shooting for an 8th seed again next season and who knows after that.

Until that happens, you are speculating. The front office has publicly said they are not content with fighting for an 8th seed and all beat writers have said that Gores has had an "awakening" to realize this team isn't going anywhere.

Given how bad they have done since trading Drummond, I don't think anyone in this organization believes they are close to contention, even with a free agent signing or two.

21 minutes ago, 313DetroitCity said:

Until that happens, you are speculating. The front office has publicly said they are not content with fighting for an 8th seed and all beat writers have said that Gores has had an "awakening" to realize this team isn't going anywhere.

Given how bad they have done since trading Drummond, I don't think anyone in this organization believes they are close to contention, even with a free agent signing or two.

They kept Rose and they are assuming Blake is going to be healthy next season so do you think that screams full rebuild? I'm not going to blame Stefanski for Blake being here still but as long as he's healthy and they consider Rose to be an important part of their plan next season "'Hey, we appreciate you calling, but we're not trading him. Dwane Casey likes him. We think he's going to be important for us next year.", that doesn't sound like a rebuild to me. Getting rid of Drummond and buying out Jackson are steps in the right direction but this is not a rebuild next season unless they do something surprising like moving Blake or Rose in the offseason. In fact, I expect them to use that cap space to build around Griffin and Rose and push for a playoff spot.

Of course this is all speculation but it seems like the more likely path based on what we know like the Windhorst quote I posted and Griffin potentially being healthy.

4 minutes ago, NYLion said:

They kept Rose and they are assuming Blake is going to be healthy next season so do you think that screams full rebuild? I'm not going to blame Stefanski for Blake being here still but as long as he's healthy and they consider Rose to be an important part of their plan next season "'Hey, we appreciate you calling, but we're not trading him. Dwane Casey likes him. We think he's going to be important for us next year.", that doesn't sound like a rebuild to me. Getting rid of Drummond and buying out Jackson are steps in the right direction but this is not a rebuild next season unless they do something surprising like moving Blake or Rose in the offseason. In fact, I expect them to use that cap space to build around Griffin and Rose and push for a playoff spot.

Of course this is all speculation but it seems like the more likely path based on what we know like the Windhorst quote I posted and Griffin potentially being healthy.

Keeping Rose doesn't necessarily mean you are going "all in" on an immediate contention push. He is a respected guy in the locker room, has connections with the front office (Arn Tellem) and we don't know that they had much offered for him. Him being important to the team next year could be as a veteran leader. And frankly, what else are they to say? The guy isn't going to be important to us next year?

In terms of moving Griffin, how do you propose they do that after he missed all season? The only chance at moving him is to bring him back, have him show his ability and health and see if you can get something in return. 

You are listening to speculation from Windhorst about Rose, but I am following the speculation from the beat writers like James Edwards who have stated this team is in a rebuild and that Gores has had a shift in philosophy. 

11 minutes ago, 313DetroitCity said:

Keeping Rose doesn't necessarily mean you are going "all in" on an immediate contention push. He is a respected guy in the locker room, has connections with the front office (Arn Tellem) and we don't know that they had much offered for him. Him being important to the team next year could be as a veteran leader. And frankly, what else are they to say? The guy isn't going to be important to us next year?

In terms of moving Griffin, how do you propose they do that after he missed all season? The only chance at moving him is to bring him back, have him show his ability and health and see if you can get something in return. 

You are listening to speculation from Windhorst about Rose, but I am following the speculation from the beat writers like James Edwards who have stated this team is in a rebuild and that Gores has had a shift in philosophy. 

I don't blame them for not being able to move Griffin, the fault of that lies with SVG. I'm just saying that you're not rebuilding when your two best players are 30+ year olds. Rose is not just a locker room presence, he's a legit player in this league when healthy so I doubt they kept him on simply to be a leader. He'll be a prominent player on this team next season in all likelihood.

Also, to be quite honest, the main reason why they're rebuilding this season is because Griffin and Jackson got injured. If he was healthy and even remotely close to what he was last year and Jackson was playing like he was when he returned from injury, we're probably not having this conversation right now. We'd be debating whether or not they get crushed by Milwaukee or whoever finishes 2nd.

I liked the Drummond and Jackson moves and am glad they moved on from that era but they're still stuck in no mans' land until that Griffin contract expires or they move it.