Jump to content

chasfh

Coronavirus: Coming to a Neighborhood Near You?

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

Maybe, that's because other countries prevented the spread with aggressive measures.  

I love how this self proclaimed business savant would rather be reactive than proactive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Motown Bombers said:

I love how this self proclaimed business savant would rather be reactive than proactive.

I manage risk. I don't run like a scared zebra. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

You're progressing into 84lives! crazy territory. You should probably just panic and run at this point. Follow the rest of the herd. 

A couple of days ago, I was going to ask Lee why he kept responding to you, a troll. Now I find myself engaging with your moronic posts. Successful trolling, i must admit. No more, I have more intelligent things to do. And if you believe this virus scare is a hoax? Then quit reading and posting here, it's all fake news anyway, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, John_Brian_K said:

That is not fair.  Stan may be stubborn, but I find him FAR from stupid.

I'm not sure he's far from stupid.  He might know he needs to drive a car safely, but he doesn't realize he needs to clear the snow off of the car.  I mean, its not smart to drive around with snow that could potentially hamper your vision, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Made a trip to the grocery store for a couple of items today.  Some observations:  They had stacks and stacks of toilet paper piled by the entrance (and yes, people were buying them), all of the cashiers were wearing surgical gloves, and I was in line behind a Sikh who had a second scarf wrapped into his turban and pulled across his face.   The shelves of that pump hand soap were a fairly bare but they still had some.   Nothing I needed, but I detoured down that aisle out of curiosity.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

sorry, it's not proven to be highly contagious. There just aren't enough cases in the world. People have been flying around for 3 months since this broke and this is STILL all we have....130K cases worldwide, most of which have resolved favorably.

I think it's a ridiculous overkill reaction.

 You have tons of money and aren’t the least bit scared of this virus.   Why aren’t you on your way to Hawaii, Caribbean, or some other exotic locale that you may like?  Seems like a no brainer to me.  
 

Flights and hotels are dirt cheap and the best part is all the resorts are going to be filled with people with your exact same mindset.   Why not grab a chaise lounge, a fruity drink, and you can pwn libs and meet new conservative friends in paradise 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

Donald Trump will save us all. He'll invent a cure because he knows more than anyone else.

 

OK, champ.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

I manage risk. I don't run like a scared zebra. 

 

We have a lot of middle managers in our Risk department. The fact that you cannot see the risk in this disease is alarming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

You really shouldn't use that on granite. 

This is actually the most informative post that you’ve ever made.
 

It’s day winner quality. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Duck and cover

Lol....good times. I was just a child so anything that broke up the boredom of doing schoolwork was the highlight of the day. Fire drills? Oh boy! That was delightful. Lmao

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hongbit said:

This is actually the most informative post that you’ve ever made.   It’s day winner quality. 

I only placed the bottle on the counter to take a picture. I wasn't going to use it on the counter. Frankly, I don't have a use it for it. I just wanted to check Papi's claim that Kroger didn't have 409.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

A couple of days ago, I was going to ask Lee why he kept responding to you, a troll. Now I find myself engaging with your moronic posts. Successful trolling, i must admit. No more, I have more intelligent things to do. And if you believe this virus scare is a hoax? Then quit reading and posting here, it's all fake news anyway, right?

The entire response to this is disproportionate. You don't manage risk by closing up shop. Is there a risk of getting this? Sure. Is there a risk of dying? Sure. But when you try to eliminate all risk, you simply stop living. That's wrong and that is where we are headed. 

I have approached everything in my life with a level head and appropriate risk management techniques. Gosh darn it if if hasn't worked exceedingly well.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pirates and Blue Jays are playing Right now on MLB Network. Watch and enjoy it while you can. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Melody said:

Made a trip to the grocery store for a couple of items today.  Some observations:  They had stacks and stacks of toilet paper piled by the entrance (and yes, people were buying them), all of the cashiers were wearing surgical gloves, and I was in line behind a Sikh who had a second scarf wrapped into his turban and pulled across his face.   The shelves of that pump hand soap were a fairly bare but they still had some.   Nothing I needed, but I detoured down that aisle out of curiosity.

 

In a neighboring state at the moment (Arkansas) and pretty much tracks with my trips to the store

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

A couple of days ago, I was going to ask Lee why he kept responding to you, a troll. Now I find myself engaging with your moronic posts. Successful trolling, i must admit. No more, I have more intelligent things to do. And if you believe this virus scare is a hoax? Then quit reading and posting here, it's all fake news anyway, right?

I only read his posts if they are one or two lines. Once they go beyond that, it isn't worth the effort.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, stanpapi said:

The entire response to this is disproportionate. You don't manage risk by closing up shop. Is there a risk of getting this? Sure. Is there a risk of dying? Sure. But when you try to eliminate all risk, you simply stop living. That's wrong and that is where we are headed. 

I have approached everything in my life with a level head and appropriate risk management techniques. Gosh darn it if if hasn't worked exceedingly well.  

I'm going to sue you for saying that. ?????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

We have a lot of middle managers in our Risk department. The fact that you cannot see the risk in this disease is alarming.

Like I just said, I acknowledge the risk. I just think the response is not in align with that risk.

Any business in the world can be hacked and many have. The appropriate response is security and training. You don't shut off all computers and go home out of fear you will be hacked. That's what this equates to in terms of the response we have had. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's remember Mr. Level Head wanted to line our border with agents with machine guns to stop an imaginary caravan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, stanpapi said:

Like I just said, I acknowledge the risk. I just think the response is not in align with that risk.

Any business in the world can be hacked and many have. The appropriate response is security and training. You don't shut off all computers and go home out of fear you will be hacked. That's what this equates to in terms of the response we have had. 

Except the computers are hacked. You don't go around using the same password if one computer on your network is compromised.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@stanpapi Maybe you said something about this earlier and I missed it, but, what would you have everybody do instead? Go on, you’re God in this scenario. Tell us what everyone would do in your world instead of what they’re doing now.

And don’t tell us what they shouldn’t do, which is overreact, because you’ve already told us that a hundred times already. It’s easy to say what people shouldn’t do. Tell us what they should do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Motown Bombers said:

Let's remember Mr. Level Head wanted to line our border with agents with machine guns to stop an imaginary caravan.

Funny, you guys were all for open borders back then. Now? Not so much. (Tried to keep it to one line so as not to blow your mind).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

The entire response to this is disproportionate. You don't manage risk by closing up shop. Is there a risk of getting this? Sure. Is there a risk of dying? Sure. But when you try to eliminate all risk, you simply stop living. That's wrong and that is where we are headed. 

I have approached everything in my life with a level head and appropriate risk management techniques. Gosh darn it if if hasn't worked exceedingly well.  

That is fine if it only impacts you.  But we employ over 200 people and we need to take into account their lives as well.  If we stay open trying to squeeze out another buck or two and someone gets infected and goes home and infects their elderly parents/grandparents and they die.  I would eat a gun knowing we did that.

Me and my partner both agree we will lose everything we have before we hurt someone else.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

This is actually the most informative post that you’ve ever made.
 

It’s day winner quality. 

I admit it was a pretty solid response.  That puts Stan's winning post rate at .01%.  I wouldn't get too concerned yet.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Motown Sports Blog



×
×
  • Create New...