Jump to content

chasfh

Coronavirus: Coming to a Neighborhood Near You?

Recommended Posts

44 minutes ago, pfife said:

Do efforts and ability to fight it depend on income?

At present, no.  Once there are effective treatments and vaccines, probably more so. 

Private school kids are every bit as much at risk.  And if my kids’ private school is any measure, they often have larger class sizes and smaller campuses so distancing difficult to achieve.  So if these people think that their kids are less likely to be exposed at their private school, they are mistaken.   The risk is the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, pfife said:

If we had Schuette, he'd be opening schools, without a doubt in my mind.   So glad we dont have him as governor.

That election could turn out to have long lasting effects on our state.... if we had Schuette we'd have never locked down.  We'd be ******.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Melody said:

At present, no.  Once there are effective treatments and vaccines, probably more so. 

Private school kids are every bit as much at risk.  And if my kids’ private school is any measure, they often have larger class sizes and smaller campuses so distancing difficult to achieve.  So if these people think that their kids are less likely to be exposed at their private school, they are mistaken.   The risk is the same.

I disagree, it really seems like this virus is disproportionally affecting low income folks.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DeVos suggested parents who's schools didn't open should get refunds or whatever and be allowed to send to a private school that is open...

Of course that private school won't be able to accept the potentially thousands of kids.... and any planning they did goes out the window with an influx of new students.

It's almost like she's stupid and has no idea how the real world works...

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even Rick Snyder. His administration poisoned an entire city. Glad we have Whitmer during a public health crisis. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Oblong said:

Yes mactavish.  Not sure how long he played but he was on the 94 Rangers team.  I believe he stuck around to 97 or 98.  For reference sake I think Ron Dugay was the last Wing to go helmetless and that was in the mid 80s. 

I remember going to my first game in the late 80's and Harold Snepsts was the only Red Wing without a helmet. His mustache effectively protected him from any potential head injury.

latest?cb=20101113022943

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Oblong said:

DeVos suggested parents who's schools didn't open should get refunds or whatever and be allowed to send to a private school that is open...

Of course that private school won't be able to accept the potentially thousands of kids.... and any planning they did goes out the window with an influx of new students.

It's almost like she's stupid and has no idea how the real world works...

Hmmm... you can take tax money and take your kid elsewhere to go to school..... can't place where I've heard that before

maybe we should also consider tax cuts for the virus

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This reminds me, where were these freedom crusaders when Snyder appointed a financial manager over the city of Flint who had authority over the elected mayor and city council and decided to poison the city? This also coming after the people of Michigan voted to repeal this law. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Oblong said:

I am always amazed when I see people on motorcycles smoking.... how does that stay lit?  

forget staying lit—my dad tried that exactly once and got enough ash back in his face that he never tried it again. (plus he eventually quit smoking.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ROMAD1 said:

So, the WH doesn't hate Fauci

Cool

Seems more of a good cop/bad cop deal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, pfife said:

Hmmm... you can take tax money and take your kid elsewhere to go to school..... can't place where I've heard that before

maybe we should also consider tax cuts for the virus

trickle down immunity..... if we just protect the CEO's then their immunity will spread down to all of us...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Oblong said:

wonderful

 

He's not a very good doctor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Melody said:

JMHO, but I wouldn’t be calling out strangers.  I just give those extra distance.  But I do the same for those wearing masks with valves.  
Re virtue signaling, there is usually an element of self serving without actual personal investment or sacrifice in the cause.  

My opinion as well.  I am not one to tell others what to do even if it is incredible stupid.

Yesterday on my way to my mother in laws old home to do some repair work.....I see this car on the freeway coming up fast behind me...it is pretty busy of the freeway at 5:00pm...all of a sudden a woman climbs out of the sunroof and starts pointing fingers and screaming at another car, I mean she is 75% out of the car on the roof flipping this other car off and generally acting straight crazy.  I thought to myself "someone is going to get shot"....and started slowing down to get as far away from the craziness as I could.  Some people would have kept up to see the resulting carnage or maybe tried to intervene after the cars stopped or something.  Nope.  Not me.  You go on your way to your craziness and I will just keep my distance thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Oblong said:

wonderful

 

this is super bad b/c he knows better, this is fake knownothingism, as often practiced by that fake ignoramus Senator John Kennedy in Lousiana

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

wonder what he thinks about the government telling someone they have to carry a fetus to term after being raped? Why is these yahoos all think "my body my choice" when it comes to a mask but not to abortion?   Some of them think any kind of interuption to a pregnancy, at any point in time, is harming another individual, but when it comes to wearing a mask to not harm another individual they're all "My personal ******* freedom dude...."

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The whole "anti virtue signal" thing is just another word for "I can't argue against you logically because you are right so I'm just going to ask you to leave me alone"

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Oblong said:

The whole "anti virtue signal" thing is just another word for "I can't argue against you logically because you are right so I'm just going to ask you to leave me alone"

That’s my exact thought. It’s a vague cop-out that says “I have nothing left to debate you on”. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Oblong said:

wonder what he thinks about the government telling someone they have to carry a fetus to term after being raped? Why is these yahoos all think "my body my choice" when it comes to a mask but not to abortion?   Some of them think any kind of interuption to a pregnancy, at any point in time, is harming another individual, but when it comes to wearing a mask to not harm another individual they're all "My personal ******* freedom dude...."

 

because he thinks killing a baby is murder? 

i get everyone trying to play "gotcha" with pro life republicans and their stance on masks, but its really not analogous.  i feel the same way about anti-mask people throwing it in pro choice people's faces about "my body my choice."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Walmart to require facemasks nationwide in its stores beginning Monday (WaPo push alert).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Buddha said:

because he thinks killing a baby is murder? 

i get everyone trying to play "gotcha" with pro life republicans and their stance on masks, but its really not analogous.  i feel the same way about anti-mask people throwing it in pro choice people's faces about "my body my choice."

Are they saying my body my choice to throw it in pro choice people's faces?   B/c from my perspective that sounds like their argument, and when I combine what I think with what you think, it basically means they're trolling.

At any rate I didn't realize we were talking about killing babies, I thought it was about abortion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, pfife said:

Are they saying my body my choice to throw it in pro choice people's faces?   B/c from my perspective that sounds like their argument, and when I combine what I think with what you think, it basically means they're trolling.

At any rate I didn't realize we were talking about killing babies, I thought it was about abortion

ive seen mutiple tweets and facebook posts with that "my body my choice" thing being thrown back at pro choice people.  but youre right it is just trolling and its really annoying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Buddha said:

ive seen mutiple tweets and facebook posts with that "my body my choice" thing being thrown back at pro choice people.  but youre right it is just trolling and its really annoying.

do you think that means the whole anti-mask thing is trolling?   I actually didn't think it was purely trolling but I might be naive.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, pfife said:

do you think that means the whole anti-mask thing is trolling?   I actually didn't think it was purely trolling but I might be naive.  

no.  i dont think that.  

i think the "making fun of pro choice people" thing is trolling.

i think the anti-mask thing is trump, anti-establishment americanism, and ignorance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Motown Sports Blog



×
×
  • Create New...