chasfh

Coronavirus: Coming to a Neighborhood Near You?

18 hours ago, Edman85 said:

College football dominoes starting to fall...

dont worry, it only spreads in non-conference games.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Buddha said:

dont worry, it only spreads in non-conference games.

If the Big Ten schools have the means to test but MAC/FCS schools don't, there may be more truth to that than you are letting on.

20 minutes ago, Edman85 said:

If the Big Ten schools have the means to test but MAC/FCS schools don't, there may be more truth to that than you are letting on.

thats why michigan wont play washington?

20 minutes ago, Edman85 said:

as shelton pointed out in another thread, its because they cant have fans.  and if they cant have fans, they cant make any money from the non conference games and they dont want to pay the non conference teams to show up.

1 hour ago, Buddha said:

i got a haircut the day after they opened them back up.  wore a mask.  hair stylist wore a mask.  i came home and took a shower and changed clothes.

it was fine.  in fact, i'll need another one soon.

yeah, it's always good to take another shower.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I always take a shower after a haircut anyway.  

Henry Ford Medical in the middle of hot controversy right now because the admin is touting their hydroxyChloroquine study as vindication. Other researchers think the HFM study is deeply flawed.

38 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

Henry Ford Medical in the middle of hot controversy right now because the admin is touting their hydroxyChloroquine study as vindication. Other researchers think the HFM study is deeply flawed.

It was funded by the HC manufacturer. 

1 hour ago, Gehringer_2 said:

any links?  I saw the study get shared by my trumpie friends a week or so ago and even I was able to look at it and wonder "ok, you self selected the patients and also gave them something else...." 

Is there new news?  It's funny... these people all question science and the data and say it's untrustworthy until the minute someone issues a "study" that supports their opinion.

27 minutes ago, Oblong said:

any links?  I saw the study get shared by my trumpie friends a week or so ago and even I was able to look at it and wonder "ok, you self selected the patients and also gave them something else...." 

Is there new news?  It's funny... these people all question science and the data and say it's untrustworthy until the minute someone issues a "study" that supports their opinion.

WaPO with a story

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/07/10/peter-navarro-hydroxychloroquine-coronavirus/

study critique here

https://www.statnews.com/2020/07/08/a-flawed-covid-19-study-gets-the-white-houses-attention-and-the-fda-may-pay-the-price/

3 minutes ago, MotownWebGuy said:

July 10, 2020 - 612 new cases and 15 new deaths in Michigan

the 15 deaths were all pickups of prior cases but  612 is still not so good.

from MDPH site

*The deaths announced today includes 15 deaths identified during a Vital Records review. See cumulative data page for more information.

When I filled in my spreadsheet I transposed two numbers, 62,925, so I was hit with 1200 new cases... so when I realized my error I was happy it was only 612.

2 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

yeah, it's always good to take another shower.....

Beauty.  Here's an undeniable message that everyone should heed during this heat wave:  don't try to get more than 1 day out of a shower.

7 minutes ago, Charles Liston said:

Beauty.  Here's an undeniable message that everyone should heed during this heat wave:  don't try to get more than 1 day out of a shower.

I disagree. If people aren't going to wear a mask, extending a shower may get them to socially distance. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Motown Bombers said:

I disagree. If people aren't going to wear a mask, extending a shower may get them to socially distance. 

Excellent point.

9 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

That's not why they are socially distancing from you, MB

Or...you could be that guy from your high school gym class who smelled even worse when he got out of the shower than he did before he went in.

Biggs, you sound like an expert on this topic.  

story at Reuters about more complexity in immune response to CV-19. There may be cross reactivity between T-cell memory to previous coronavirus infections (i.e. common cold) and Covid19. The T cell aspect of CV19 response is not yet well understood but it could be a reason anti-body expression seems so variable, and could also be part of the explanation of some people's higher resistance to the virus.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-immunesystem/scientists-focus-on-how-immune-system-t-cells-fight-coronavirus-in-absence-of-antibodies-idUSKBN24B1D8

A study led by the La Jolla Institute detected T cells that reacted to SARS-CoV-2 in about half of stored blood samples collected between 2015 and 2018, suggesting that the immune system cells developed after previous infection with circulating common cold coronaviruses, and that they might help protect against the new virus.