chasfh

Coronavirus: Coming to a Neighborhood Near You?

Just now, pfife said:

you're welcome

You were right with the CEO part though. 

DEEP THOUGHTS FROM JACK HANDY

This would be a really good time to have that minimum 30-day food supply Mormons are supposed to have. It’s is also a good time to borrow money from people with no intention of paying it back.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stanpapi said:

You were right with the CEO part though. 

CEO of searching my posts on Valentines night... psycho

Just now, Charles Liston said:

Those 3 years are in the past.  You know that, right?  The point is simply that now, tonight, Trump is a drag on stock prices.  The data is right in front of you.

Markets move all the time. It's a phenomenal buying opportunity at the right time. I was hoping for a correction to come in and buy once it bottoms. We aren't there yet. It's more fun to make money on the way up, but it's necessary to do it on the way down too. 

4 minutes ago, pfife said:

you guys are getting trolled as ****.  who gives a **** what he says

It's fun to calmly reply with facts and watch him change the subject.

2 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

As they continue to sequence COVID19 and certainly as vaccine develop progresses one of the things they will learn learn is how polymorphic the virus is. Influenza is the champion at this as we know, but it is more the exception than the rule. And the fact is that if the virus is polymorphic and evolves rapidly, there is just as much chance it will morph into a less virulent strain as a worse one, so that can be a mixed blessing  - as it is with influenza. And, time is the ally in all ways here, which is why slowing down the spread is so important.

Thanks, perfesser!

Just now, stanpapi said:

Markets move all the time. It's a phenomenal buying opportunity at the right time. I was hoping for a correction to come in and buy once it bottoms. We aren't there yet. It's more fun to make money on the way up, but it's necessary to do it on the way down too. 

What's that got to do with the fact that Trump, tonight, is a drag on stock prices?

What's that got to do with the fact that Trump, tonight, is a drag on stock prices?

Because I can make money on the down yet again. They were going down again no matter what he said because we have endorsed fictional panic. I will then make money on the way up.

14 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

I make money either way, so I don't care from a financial perspective. My interest is in the broader economy. It is also more fun to make money when things are positive vs. falling, but either way I still make money. 

Cool. Hows that tiny dick working out for you? 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

DEEP THOUGHTS FROM JACK HANDY

This would be a really good time to have that minimum 30-day food supply Mormons are supposed to have. It’s is also a good time to borrow money from people with no intention of paying it back.  

I feel carona-flu shamed now, we went out last weekend and bought an extra 2 weeks of stuff that won't go bad, and that we would eat eventually anyway.  Frozen orange juice concentrate!  I haven't had that in 50 years.  And yes, we bought an extra 9-pack of bum wad, I'm not really sure why.

4 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

Because I can make money on the down yet again. They were going down again no matter what he said because we have endorsed fictional panic. I will then make money on the way up.

OK, but several evasive responses ago you sought to challenge my assertion that stock prices will go up when Trump is removed.  They absolutely will.  It appears now that you do not disagree.

he pays people to proofread those posts, fyi

1 minute ago, Charles Liston said:

OK, but several evasive responses ago you sought to challenge my assertion that stock prices will go up when Trump is removed.  They absolutely will.  It appears now that you do not disagree.

Stock prices will get crushed if Biden were to win, particularly if the democrats get the two houses too. Massive selloff. 

11 minutes ago, Yoda said:

Cool. Hows that tiny dick working out for you? 

I'm sure it would look fine compared to your female anatomy. 

having female anatomy is an insult apparently

time to get that proofreader chief, may wanna try being less gropey on her

Let's run some depressing numbers:

331M in USA

if 10% of country gets this, and mortality rate is 0.075%

that's 248,250 dead

if 25% of country gets this, and mortality rate is 1%

that's 827,500 dead

if 30% of country gets this, and mortality rate is 2%

that's 1,986,000 dead

annually about 600K Americans die from cancer each year; same for heart disease

I tend to think that the more people that get it, especially if a lot of people get it at once, that will drive up the mortality rate, as hospitals will be overrun; currently about 800,000 hospital beds in US

because we have only tested 1/100th of 1% of the population,  it really is unknown how many Americans will fall sick

7 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

Stock prices will get crushed if Biden were to win, particularly if the democrats get the two houses too. Massive selloff. 

Aha there you have a bet sir!  $20 Canadian.  Stock prices will go up as soon as it becomes evident that Trump is being removed.

Aha there you have a bet sir!  $20 Canadian.  Stock prices will go up as soon as it becomes evident that Trump is being removed.

interesting. They kept going up when it was evident he wouldn’t be removed...twice. 

28 minutes ago, chasfh said:

But that would probably be a different, mutated strain, right? Like the cold?

I don't know. I really can't find an answer from a reputable source. The best answer I can find is it's too early to tell. But it is a virus and humans don't just say...let's use a vaccine. Look at polio, HIV or Hep C. It may take years for a working vaccine. And then it could mutate? I don't know any of these answers, it's why I was asking.

3 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

interesting. They kept going up when it was evident he wouldn’t be removed...twice. 

Just to repeat, again...that's in the past.  Tonight, clearly, he is a drag on stock prices.  Clearly.

8 minutes ago, RatkoVarda said:

Let's run some depressing numbers:

331M in USA

if 10% of country gets this, and mortality rate is 0.075%

that's 248,250 dead

if 25% of country gets this, and mortality rate is 1%

that's 827,500 dead

if 30% of country gets this, and mortality rate is 2%

that's 1,986,000 dead

annually about 600K Americans die from cancer each year; same for heart disease

I tend to think that the more people that get it, especially if a lot of people get it at once, that will drive up the mortality rate, as hospitals will be overrun; currently about 800,000 hospital beds in US

because we have only tested 1/100th of 1% of the population,  it really is unknown how many Americans will fall sick

That's some good number crunching but there is a variable you missed. If the hospitals get overrun, nurses and doctors will either quit showing up or get sick themselves. It's a bit like who the ones are who are getting sick is more important than the total number. Ugh...I can't explain what I mean. Think of it this way, 250 people on a plane and only 2 die suddenly. But it's the pilot and co-pilot.

3 minutes ago, Charles Liston said:

Just to repeat, again...that's in the past.  Tonight, clearly, he is a drag on stock prices.  Clearly.

You are arguing against yourself and don’t know it. You all support banning travel and all these other extreme overreactions that only impair markets and economic growth. You can’t ***** about markets falling when they are falling for a reason you wholeheartedly endorse. I think it’s the wrong move to ban travel.

I thought it was really nice how our Messiah President went out of his way to stir up xenophobia against all of Europe aside from the UK by referring to COVID-19 as a “foreign virus“ that was “seeded” by Europeans in America. Yeah, the same way Mexicans are referred to as vermin and filthy rapists infecting our cities. Very bad people. Europeans, Mexicans, Muslims, they’re all vermin. The guy is as tactless as he is consistent. 

3 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

That's some good number crunching but there is a variable you missed. If the hospitals get overrun, nurses and doctors will either quit showing up or get sick themselves. It's a bit like who the ones are who are getting sick is more important than the total number. Ugh...I can't explain what I mean. Think of it this way, 250 people on a plane and only 2 die suddenly. But it's the pilot and co-pilot.

I get that. We have already heard about HC providers who did not have adequate protections. Right now, X number of them are sick

Italy right now cannot get all on ventilators who need it. Those who don't get it will surely die. Our super sh|tty healthcare system - that the GOP says is so great! - is about to crumble.