chasfh

Coronavirus: Coming to a Neighborhood Near You?

30 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Are the Oxford guys determining whether they pass stage I and II, or is that an outside body that makes that determination?

Honest question - not sure how the process works.  I presumed they submit the trial vaccine to a third party for evaluation.

I have no idea.   

The closest I’ve come to making drugs were some really nice pot muffins back in the day.  

29 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

May wanna fact check tweets...

This is the Tulsa area on the NYT map, (red=increasing the last two weeks):

image.png.12d233e213b27fe672a7088fba77b919.png

DC:

image.png.7860f343e97e1c3446839803cdf638d7.png

8 minutes ago, Edman85 said:

May wanna fact check tweets...

This is the Tulsa area on the NYT map, (red=increasing the last two weeks):

image.png.12d233e213b27fe672a7088fba77b919.png

DC:

image.png.7860f343e97e1c3446839803cdf638d7.png

I'm good with the tweet.  If for no other reason, he has never had Washtenaw County as Michigans hot spot for Covid.

Point is it is rising in Oklahoma, not just this map... It is not in DC.

• Thanks 1

I wonder what the state has in mind with an acceptable 7 day average of new positive tests before they decide to take action? 

Mathematically if you average 250 a day, that's 7500 infected a month... give a max 2 month period of it working itself out to where you aren't contagious, which I think is generous  then we have 15,000 people running around with active COVID, out of 10M people.... .15% of the population... and obviously you want to see where those are as much as how many..... 

Our 7 day average now is 183, up 30 from a week ago but that was our low point of 150.... was it reasonable to expect it to stay at 150 or drop?  I don't know.

Then again... I"m starting to see more people without masks now...

Just now, Edman85 said:

Point is it is rising in Oklahoma, not just this map... It is not in DC.

You're right but that doesn't make it a hot spot.  DC's current infected rate is .78% top third of the metro areas he has numbers for.  Tulsa is .16% one of the lowest areas in the country.  

As long as we lack the ability to test a majority of the population the total number and percent population numbers are not even close to accurate.  I think the reported numbers are just a tip of the iceberg of the actual infected.

Based on what we are seeing from college football teams reporting for camp,  there are scores of asymptomatic young people running around with the virus that have no idea. Combine this with the fact that many of this age group just didn’t take the risks very seriously in the first place and definitely found protesting without masks or social distancing more important than following Covid safety guidelines and we have a situation where this virus is most likely still growing and at a faster rate than we can accurately report. 

38 minutes ago, Oblong said:

I wonder what the state has in mind with an acceptable 7 day average of new positive tests before they decide to take action? 

Mathematically if you average 250 a day, that's 7500 infected a month... give a max 2 month period of it working itself out to where you aren't contagious, which I think is generous  then we have 15,000 people running around with active COVID, out of 10M people.... .15% of the population... and obviously you want to see where those are as much as how many..... 

Our 7 day average now is 183, up 30 from a week ago but that was our low point of 150.... was it reasonable to expect it to stay at 150 or drop?  I don't know.

Then again... I"m starting to see more people without masks now...

Well, DeSantis just cut into my golf coverage, and he is parroting similar lines to two people who have pushed back on my FB posts (who are involved with the Republican party in some fashion)... Hospitalizations aren't up.

Which is dumb, hospitalizations comes later, and if it's doubling every day, kinda wanna nip it in the bud before hospitalizations and deaths, no?

2 minutes ago, Edman85 said:

Well, DeSantis just cut into my golf coverage, and he is parroting similar lines to two people who have pushed back on my FB posts (who are involved with the Republican party in some fashion)... Hospitalizations aren't up.

Which is dumb, hospitalizations comes later, and if it's doubling every day, kinda wanna nip it in the bud before hospitalizations and deaths, no?

Yep.  I mean... maybe if it's younger people getting it then there won't be a hospitalization surge.... that's possible.  

Just now, Oblong said:

Yep.  I mean... maybe if it's younger people getting it then there won't be a hospitalization surge.... that's possible.  

...yet. If there's younger people getting it, there are likely young super spreaders out there and we will see the hospitalizations come in a couple weeks.

A tiny part of me feels a little sorry for DeSantis.  He wants to emulate his mentor so much when he’s in front of the camera but he doesn’t have a cadre of lackeys under him that he can blame and fire when he gets called out for pulling things out of his *** like Don does.  

42 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

A tiny part of me feels a little sorry for DeSantis.  He wants to emulate his mentor so much when he’s in front of the camera but he doesn’t have a cadre of lackeys under him that he can blame and fire when he gets called out for pulling things out of his *** like Don does.  

He doesn’t have to worry. Trump has his back.  He always makes sure others are taken care of.  

Big deal.  Covid isn't even top 5 of the worst things you can catch at a strip club...

11 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Big deal.  Covid isn't even top 5 of the worst things you can catch at a strip club...

which is why I found the quote humorous.  

surging about two to three weeks since the protests started.  but only in states that had opened up early it seems.

arizona at 85% ICU capacity and daily cases have exploded in just the last 2 weeks

Maybe there is hope. It seems that only the Reddest Hats want to drink the Covidade in Tulsa.

2 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

arizona at 85% ICU capacity and daily cases have exploded in just the last 2 weeks

25% positive test rate yesterday.

that's....amazing.

Remember when Arizona was going to be the MLB bubble?