chasfh

Coronavirus: Coming to a Neighborhood Near You?

15 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

Honest question....did we shut down the NBA, or play the NCAA to empty stadiums, or stop travel to Europe, or close universities, etc. etc. during H1N1? Because obama being the worshiped one here on this board, I'd just like to know if he had the same response to the pandemic at that time. I mean, it was 11 years ago. Maybe I'm forgetting that we did all that back then? Please enlighten me if I'm forgetting. 

Oh, and 12,000 people died back then in the US. 

So you would like 12,000 more people to die this time around, too?

14 minutes ago, TheCouga said:

I think people were expecting some kind of solution and/or plan.  Now it's pretty clear that there isn't one coming.

His is the hammer’s solution and/or plan for the problem that is the nail.

9 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

Are you kidding me? This is what I'm talking about. Racheting up fear for absolutely no reason. 

We’ve already seen it in hand sanitizer and isopropyl alcohol, and toilet paper was already on the way out today. But hey, OK.

Hey, good luck out there.

7 minutes ago, pfife said:

any word on how we're paying for all of these proposed measures for the Trump Coronavirus?

He's going to borrow other people's money, and not pay it back.  As usual.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

No, I read your immunity system doesn't build up an immunity to it. I may be wrong but that's what I understood.

It may be unclear if immunity is permanent as in years or forever (for instance you never catch the same cold twice) but if those who recover were not developing immunity, they would not be recovering.  In the 80% of people who do not develop serious illness, antibody titres rise sharply within 6-12 days.

https://www.statnews.com/2020/03/09/people-shed-high-levels-of-coronavirus-study-finds-but-most-are-likely-not-infectious-after-recovery-begins/

2 minutes ago, chasfh said:

So you would like 12,000 more people to die this time around, too?

No. But the point being, we didn't do all this for an even much more robust and deadly pandemic. Perhaps barry was just wildly deficient in his response at that time. 

1 minute ago, chasfh said:

OK.

Hey, good luck out there.

I'm not running out of food or any toiletries and can't really envision a scenario where that would ever occur due to a respiratory illness. 

2 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

No. But the point being, we didn't do all this for an even much more robust and deadly pandemic. Perhaps barry was just wildly deficient in his response at that time. 

Or maybe the epidemiologists know something that you don't.  

3 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

Maybe he was. You want Trump to be wildly deficient this time around, too?

Just now, chasfh said:

Maybe he was. You want Trump to be wildly deficient this time around, too?

I don't think we should have shut the world down for H1N1 either. 

2 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

Or maybe the epidemiologists know something that you don't.  

Let's see....what they know have said is that, based on the data so far, most people recover and end up just fine, just like other virus transmissions. Some elderly die, just like other virus transmissions. 

Prediction time:  when everyone's reactions and precautions actually work, Stan will claim he was right that it was overblown.

• Thanks 3

1 minute ago, pfife said:

Prediction time:  when everyone's reactions and precautions actually work, Stan will claim he was right that it was overblown.

That was too easy.  

Just now, pfife said:

I already know how this ends (and would have ended without the massive over reaction). It's a virus. People get it, they get immune, it dies out. Just like all the others in our very recent history. 

Hey, at least someone thinks Trump is heroically facing down the foreign invasion. 

F0A1D7BD-A4C5-49CF-9755-D54AEED9E7ED.thumb.jpeg.45d936f5299158691a171040e9d4eb9e.jpeg

valentines night 2021 is going to be hot 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

Let's see....what they know have said is that, based on the data so far, most people recover and end up just fine, just like other virus transmissions. Some elderly die, just like other virus transmissions. 

Stan - Coronavirus Expert

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

It was made in china. Won't last for long. 

Now that is really funny. A bit racist, but funny.

11 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

There it is. voter fraud time. 

nc09

be gone