chasfh

Coronavirus: Coming to a Neighborhood Near You?

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I kind of wish Cuomo was the nominee.  He's not pulling punches and he's not b.s.'ing people and I think that would really resonate nationally right now.     Just level with us.  Tell us what's up and do the job.  

I think it is pretty unlikely that DeSantis would be the Democrats nominee for president.

(Edit I mean to multi-quote Buddha here but in my decade or so away I forgot how to use the feature)

Edited by jaymo
Messed up

My Meijer now has a sign up requiring masks.

Some good news though.  They still let you be a ******* moron and ignore the arrows in the aisle.  

How many of you guys are binging Shameless?

https://www.cabletv.com/app/uploads/CTV_covid-watching_1.2-02-1565x1043.png

21 minutes ago, chasfh said:

How many of you guys are binging Shameless?

https://www.cabletv.com/app/uploads/CTV_covid-watching_1.2-02-1565x1043.png

Most people are watching Donald Trump's administration self-destruct. 

Binged shows in ROMAD household during th 'crona

• The Good Place
  • Mrs America
  • Law and Order
  • Community (that's evergreen...I can practically recite every episode)
  • Travel Man (Richard Ayoade needs to do more seasons of this show!)

We did Tiger King, Ozark, Waco... my wife is catching up on some of hers like Workin Moms and Dead to Me....

Need something new.

We finished Season 3 of Ozark the other night.... it's well made but there's literally not a single likable character to be found.

25 minutes ago, ROMAD1 said:

Binged shows in ROMAD household during th 'crona

• The Good Place
  • Mrs America
  • Law and Order
  • Community (that's evergreen...I can practically recite every episode)
  • Travel Man (Richard Ayoade needs to do more seasons of this show!)

I love Mrs America. I'm through six episodes. Strong story, strong script, strong performances, strong casting.

Just now, chasfh said:

I love Mrs America. I'm through six episodes. Strong story, strong script, strong performances, strong casting.

Surprisingly balanced and measured look at Schlafly's career too.... it's clear there is a lean against her in POV, but it's pretty subtle compared to what would be ordinarily be expected from such a miniseries.

My husband rewatched the old 24 series.   But I haven’t gotten bored enough to watch television for hours on end.  I somehow manage to keep quite busy accomplishing very little.

Pretty scary thread.Failed leadership at several levels

I'm shooting pucks and roller blading everyday.

I'm gonna be a regular Brett Hull once my hockey leagues start up again.

I've been binging mainly comedies: Ramy, Never Have I Ever, Bojack, Rick and Morty. Friend of mine strongly recommends One Day at a Time starting with Season 3. I have a Family Guy nightcap before I turn in at night. I'm trying to get through Upload although it's missing a spark, in my view.

Also, old movies off TCM. Cincinnati Kid, Pat and Mike, Angels in the Outfield (1950), Bicycle Thieves, The Thrill of it All, Treasure of Sierra Madre, stuff along those lines. I'm finishing up Abe Lincoln in Illinois. Fantastic Lincoln-Douglas debate scene.

2 minutes ago, CMRivdog said:

Pretty scary thread.Failed leadership at several levels

I saw these yesterday and honestly thought it was way too ridiculous to be true.   

Aren't there laws around this?  I seem to recall there are at least around HIV.   It's like the movie Kids but with ******* grown *** men

Yeah, not looking through TCM on the guide has been a real missed opportunity during the pandemic. 

2 minutes ago, pfife said:

I saw these yesterday and honestly thought it was way too ridiculous to be true.   

Aren't there laws around this?  I seem to recall there are at least around HIV.   It's like the movie Kids but with ******* grown *** men

Party of family values

Which means that half of Americans would not.

I've been making "one man band" vids with a variety of instruments using the Acapella app.  Would much rather be making music with my peeps but these projects have been kinda fun.

4 minutes ago, Euphdude said:

I've been making "one man band" vids with a variety of instruments using the Acapella app.  Would much rather be making music with my peeps but these projects have been kinda fun.

I saw a tweet a couple days back with a woman playing the Knight Rider theme on a cello, but it was basically her on 8 different mini-videos playing all of the different parts on the cello.   It was really awesome, I'm wondering if this is the app she was using?

I've been pretty intrigued by some performances I've seen where people are remote but playing live with one another, and apparently *not* impacted by any internet lag whatsoever.

32 minutes ago, Oblong said:

We did Tiger King, Ozark, Waco... my wife is catching up on some of hers like Workin Moms and Dead to Me....

Need something new.

I also binged Tiger King although I am not proud of it

Just now, ROMAD1 said:

I also binged Tiger King although I am not proud of it

y'alls discussion was making me think about that - talk about 15 minutes of extreme fame, its like everyone was talking about it, and now I see a random Carol Baskin meme here and there and that's it.   During that frenzy apparently a company decided to make a movie and has already secured Nick Cage to play Joe Exotic, I wonder if that was a wise investment.

20 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Surprisingly balanced and measured look at Schlafly's career too.... it's clear there is a lean against her in POV, but it's pretty subtle compared to what would be ordinarily be expected from such a miniseries.

Concur. 

I have nothing against Tiger King. There is a similar place in my hometown, and frankly it made me a bit more weary of it.

1 minute ago, Edman85 said:

I have nothing against Tiger King. There is a similar place in my hometown, and frankly it made me a bit more weary of it.

Its a good documentary.  Its just a bit too March/April 2020 for it to be associated with positive memories right now.