chasfh

Coronavirus: Coming to a Neighborhood Near You?

1 minute ago, Casimir said:

Is that for a linear cut?

I call it the non-exponential

I also have clippers on the way.  Hoping I have the courage to resist using the kitchen sheers before they arrive.

1 minute ago, pfife said:

I call it the non-exponential

Not the hoaxer?

1 minute ago, ROMAD1 said:

I also have clippers on the way.  Hoping I have the courage to resist using the kitchen sheers before they arrive.

As long as the hacking is done at longer than a 4 guard you should be fine either way.

It seems like hair clipping could be a thing at Biggleworth's next sprinkler party.

when I was in college we used to have a head shaving routine, it involved shaving heads, loud metal, and smashing things.  I think we could listen to some metal and smash things at Biggs's place

11 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

The new strain appeared in February in Europe, migrated quickly to the East Coast of the United States and has been the dominant strain across the world since mid-March, the scientists wrote.

Is Fox News on this yet? Has Bret Baier got the story? When is the CIA going to produce the report about the Italian scientists in the secret lab in Lombardy that did this? I'm sure Secretary Pompeo will be demanding it.

15 minutes ago, pfife said:

when I was in college we used to have a head shaving routine, it involved shaving heads, loud metal, and smashing things.  I think we could listen to some metal and smash things at Biggs's place

Alternately known as Thursday night.

11 hours ago, Yoda said:

Corroboration? 

I let spell check put the word I was looking for in for me. You're right, stoopid speel chick.

57 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

Is Fox News on this yet? Has Bret Baier got the story? When is the CIA going to produce the report about the Italian scientists in the secret lab in Lombardy that did this? I'm sure Secretary Pompeo will be demanding it.

Just as some states are relaxing their social isolation rules. You missed this good part;

"In addition to spreading faster, it may make people vulnerable to a second infection after a first bout with the disease, the report warned."

1 hour ago, Gehringer_2 said:

Oh, that's easy: a Chinese spy planted it in Italy.

I think we are very close from the previously unbelievable actually happening.    

The entire right is going to get behind a plan and push hard at getting the economy going ahead of the safety and well being of older Americans.    They had danced around it before but I expect the message will be that people under 50 without pre-existing conditions should get back to normal activities with social distancing while older Americans should shelter in place and essentially fend for themselves.  If they happen to perish then it is horrible but they are the casualties in this war and are a sacrifice for freedom just like soldiers in battle.  

It’s unreal to think that this will be the path taken by our government but it’s looking more and more like it every day.   The GOP needs the economy back to win in November and keeping their power is the most important concern of the party.   Making sure the country is safe from the virus is a close second.  

3 hours ago, pfife said:

I know that it is still just the morning, but nobody is going to say anything funnier than that today.

12 hours ago, jbhappy said:

I use a #3½ (9.5 mm) on top and #2/#1½ blades down the sides and back for a little bit of a fade. though I'm now thinking about using the #1½ all around just so I don't have to cut it as often. if I had a #1 blade, I'd probably use that instead. (I have pro-type clippers where the blade and guard are a single component.) not quite ready to go #000 (0.5 mm), the blade the clippers came with. not enough of a guard on that one anyway, would probably hack up the back of my head.

I used 4mm all over the first time.  It has lasted 4 weeks and is now due for another mowing.

You don't need to order clippers, you bunch of pansies.  The most popular hairstyle right now is the FiftyFour.  All you need is a soup bowl and a pair of scissors.

1 minute ago, Charles Liston said:

You don't need to order clippers, you bunch of pansies.  The most popular hairstyle right now is the FiftyFour.  All you need is a soup bowl and a pair of scissors.

Does the soup bowl need to empty?  Asking for a friend....

20 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

The entire right is going to get behind a plan and push hard at getting the economy going ahead of the safety and well being of older Americans.    They had danced around it before but I expect the message will be that people under 50 without pre-existing conditions should get back to normal activities with social distancing while older Americans should shelter in place and essentially fend for themselves.  If they happen to perish then it is horrible but they are the casualties in this war and are a sacrifice for freedom just like soldiers in battle.  

It’s unreal to think that this will be the path taken by our government but it’s looking more and more like it every day.   The GOP needs the economy back to win in November and keeping their power is the most important concern of the party.   Making sure the country is safe from the virus is a close second.  

They are the pro-life party.

34 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time.

32 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

They can try that but the people will not stand for it.  It's a small minority.  They can "open up" but most people will still stay home and do what we're doing now.  Anybody who can work from home will still do that.  Retail will not be what it was, both from the precautions they have to take, and the public not participating.   It's unfortunate from an economic standpoint but you can't make people go out and spend money on non essential things.  

Pretty much everybody in my circle is on board with the distancing outside of one family member who still doesn't quite get it. He's not being a jerk about it but more clueless.... 

The airlines will be screwed and I wouldn't be surprised if several go under... hopefully not Delta because I've got miles.   People aren't going to fly.  Cruise lines... oh well. Tough ****.     Airbnb's will be hurting too.....   The outfit we used in Gulf Shores a few years ago is bombarding us with emails about how they have flexible cancellation policies, beaches are open, etc..... but that's a long drive for us.... we were planning on going back.

32 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

If you wanted to set out a long term strategy for destruction of the a political party, it would be hard to top what the GOP is doing. 

• be un-hip - lose the young
  • deny science - lose the educated
  • love guns - lose suburban mothers
  • embrace racism - lose all the minorities
  • discard the old - lose their largest remaining demographic after all the above

The that basically leaves them the white supremacists, civil war denying southerners and who else? White male high-school educated blue collars. That ain't enough.

5 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

If you wanted to set out a long term strategy for destruction of the a political party, it would be hard to top what the GOP is doing. 

• be un-hip - lose the young
  • deny science - lose the educated
  • love guns - lose suburban mothers
  • embrace racism - lose all the minorities
  • discard the old - lose their largest remaining demographic after all the above

The that basically leaves them the white supremacists, civil war denying southerners and who else? White male high-school educated blue collars. That ain't enough.

White males are still a large segment of the population. The key here is that voter turnout among white males is higher than any other group. Who cares if they lose the young if over half of them don't vote?