chasfh

Coronavirus: Coming to a Neighborhood Near You?

14 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

I'm doing mine after my cyber-doctor appointment Thursday. What number did you use? I'm thinking of starting out at 9 mm.

Started with 8, then went to 7 with the second pass, then to 5.   Used nothing to clean up the back of the neck, I am sure it's uneven, I don't care.   

2 hours ago, Sports_Freak said:

Wow. I wonder if this is true?

I'd like to know too

1 minute ago, ROMAD1 said:

I'd like to know too

Here is is in 2018 in San Diego, theatening to burn down a book store.   

Tc4DnXyP?format=jpg&name=small

47 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

My hair was out of control, lots of cowlicks, hard to manage,  looking like Nic Cage in Raising Arizona...........do I did something I've never done before -  I cut my own hair.   I used the clippers that I use on my dog (cleaned them thoroughly of course).  I actually did an okay job.  Far from perfect,  Far from a butcher job.  I am quite surprised.   I thought I would have to wear a hat everywhere for the next month.  

I took a vow to not cut my hair about 17 months ago. It looked absurd two months ago so I've barely noticed a difference. 

2 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Here is is in 2018 in San Diego, theatening to burn down a book store.   

Tc4DnXyP?format=jpg&name=small

Why do conservatives always look so hateful and angry? It's the most predictable thing ever. 

6 minutes ago, Yoda said:

Why do conservatives always look so hateful and angry? It's the most predictable thing ever. 

He looks like a bad Mr. Show parody. 

37 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

I'm doing mine after my cyber-doctor appointment Thursday. What number did you use? I'm thinking of starting out at 9 mm.

I use a #3½ (9.5 mm) on top and #2/#1½ blades down the sides and back for a little bit of a fade. though I'm now thinking about using the #1½ all around just so I don't have to cut it as often. if I had a #1 blade, I'd probably use that instead. (I have pro-type clippers where the blade and guard are a single component.) not quite ready to go #000 (0.5 mm), the blade the clippers came with. not enough of a guard on that one anyway, would probably hack up the back of my head.

I have thick hair of whats left on top.  It’s almost to my breaking point where I go crazy.  I can use a lot of gel. 

I have thought of just buzzing it.  No matter.  I may not be in my office until next year

11 hours ago, Sports_Freak said:

Wow. I wonder if this is true?

Kind of crazy, but my wife told me that it has gone around facebook who the officer to the left is and it turns out it was someone I went high school with.  When he graduated from the academy and got his first placement in Marshall, I helped move some stuff to his new place.  Kind of sobering at first to hear he was involved in this, I guess, but he was just doing his job to protect and serve.

7 hours ago, Oblong said:

I have thick hair of whats left on top.  It’s almost to my breaking point where I go crazy.  I can use a lot of gel. 

I have thought of just buzzing it.  No matter.  I may not be in my office until next year

I ordered clippers and they were supposed to arrive last Friday.  I get the feeling that the order will end up being cancelled.

I've given up on the gel.  My hair is too thick and long for gel to help, and at this point, whatever.  I'm just going to mow it down once I get clippers.

Yeah, I know, first world problems.

51 minutes ago, Casimir said:

I ordered clippers and they were supposed to arrive last Friday.  I get the feeling that the order will end up being cancelled.

I've given up on the gel.  My hair is too thick and long for gel to help, and at this point, whatever.  I'm just going to mow it down once I get clippers.

Yeah, I know, first world problems.

900.jpg

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, pfife said:

somebody didn't send Kent county the memo.

That is facetious but  not really because it illustrates a point of how ignorant their pronouncements have been. Any high schooler watching the numbers would recognize that there is not one population at one R0 with one decay curve but a sum of many populations each with different time constants and different initial infectiousness based on when the virus got there and the local population density and behavior. This population isolation/divergence is then magnified by all the stay at home orders that have prevented sub-populations from their normal inter-mixing.  There are places (like Kent county) all over the country that this is even now just reaching that are still on the rising side of their incidence curves. Their numbers will not be as big at NYC or Det but they mean there is going to be a long slow decay when you zoom out and look at the aggregates for the whole US. We are a long way from zero.

10 hours ago, Sports_Freak said:

8 is what I use and it is fine.

10 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Started with 8, then went to 7 with the second pass, then to 5.   Used nothing to clean up the back of the neck, I am sure it's uneven, I don't care.   

I just use my razor for the back of my neck and can get it pretty straight.

the cubic model told me I should use a -4 guard on my dome

9 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

somebody didn't send Kent county the memo.

That is facetious but  not really because it illustrates a point of how ignorant their pronouncements have been. Any high schooler watching the numbers would recognize that there is not one population at one R0 with one decay curve but a sum of many populations each with different time constants and different initial infectiousness based on when the virus got there and the local population density and behavior.  There are places (like Kent county) all over the country that this is even now just reaching that are still on the rising side of their incidence curves. Their numbers will not be as big at NYC or Det but they still mean there is going to be a long slow decay when you zoom out and look at the aggregates for the whole US. We are a long way from zero.

So freaking sick of the know-nothings steering this ship man. They're totally going to reset all of the past 8-10 weeks of isolating the anti-know-nothings have been doing.

I just yesterday put in for back-ordered clippers at Costco with a May 22 expected ship date and they shipped today. So soon I will go from messy hair that is in my eyes to messy hair that is not in my eyes. 

6 minutes ago, pfife said:

the cubic model told me I should use a -4 guard on my dome

Is that for a linear cut?