Jump to content

chasfh

Coronavirus: Coming to a Neighborhood Near You?

Recommended Posts

59 minutes ago, Melody said:

Um.. quarantine means stay in your house.  Geez.  Sounds like a BS excuse to me.
 
What do you think about the magical chlorox baths?  I am no doctor but  breathing chlorine doesn’t   sound like a good idea for lung issues to me.

The concentration of hypo-chlorite (the active ingredient) in household bleach is pretty low - usually about 5% . Then say a cupful  diluted into a tub is more than another 100:1 and it's probably not strong enough to put enough vapor into the air to be an issue to breath but probably is still enough concentration as an irritant to give a good % of the people dermatitis who bath in it.  More importantly it's pointless. A shower and soap is going to get rid of virus on the surface of your body just as well.

The hazard using bleach around the house in any unconventional way is that if you  accidentally do something that acidifies it, it will promptly liberate the chlorine that was chemically bound in the hypo-chlorite molecules into the air as free chlorine gas, and that can be very serious. Basically bleach is something that the ordinary person should only use 'as approved' unless they have some idea what they are handling. If it were not a traditional product it could probably never get approved for consumer use today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, so now we’re recommending:

- swallow a flashlight, soak your weed in Lysol and inhale and HOLD.... whew.... exhale.

And under the next quarter moon, two eyes of newt.

..... It’s a damn Monty Python skit.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, chasfh said:

Sounds overblown by sketchy sources to me. Really, who gives a flying s*** about Chris Cuomo?

I’m against it.

Strange question. Did you think I’d be a fan?

The only relevant Cuomo at this point is Andrew. Really couldn't care less about tabloid fodder about his brother.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

******* so sick of MoscowMitch and his perpetual RedState blailouts.  **** that dude.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

The concentration of hypo-chlorite (the active ingredient) in household bleach is pretty low - usually about 5% . Then say a cupful  diluted into a tub is more than another 100:1 and it's probably not strong enough to put enough vapor into the air to be an issue to breath but probably is still enough concentration as an irritant to give a good % of the people dermatitis who bath in it.  More importantly it's pointless. A shower and soap is going to get rid of virus on the surface of your body just as well.

The hazard using bleach around the house in any unconventional way is that if you  accidentally do something that acidifies it, it will promptly liberate the chlorine that was chemically bound in the hypo-chlorite molecules into the air as free chlorine gas, and that can be very serious. Basically bleach is something that the ordinary person should only use 'as approved' unless they have some idea what they are handling. If it were not a traditional product it could probably never get approved for consumer use today.

Building on this:

One of my sisters (I have six) had the misfortune of being asked to mix two cleaning products in an enclosed space at a minimum wage job early in her career by an unqualified boss, and upon doing so released chlorine gas, permanently damaging her lungs to the point where she has something like < 20% lung capacity, greatly diminishing her quality of life.

Chlorine baths don't make any sense at all, probably will irritate your skin, and has the ancillary benefit of potentially severely injuring or killing you or yours if there is any chemical residue in or around your tub.  People tend to use cleaning products in the bathroom.  

Also, if there were a fix or a treatment that involved a common household item, it would have already been found and disseminated.  Period.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Blue Square Thing said:

Currently trending on Twitter in the UK

  • Clorox
  • Dettol
  • Injecting
  • Cillit Bang
  • Zoflora
  • Toilet duck
  • Harpic
  • Barry Scott

 

Cillit Bang sounds like a product in the TV show South Park.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't believe this is the point where we're at.    The vast majority of information the public gets from the federal government are harmful musings from a completely unqualified individual, and fine folks like G2 and Biggs are left to write awesome posts dismantling this nonsense, and people are going to do this **** merely b/c Trump said it.  Companies have to come out and disabuse an entire ******* country of the things that freak says.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would not surprise me if Trump has a financial connection to a chemical company who produces disinfectants.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, pfife said:

Isolated Clown Posse

Insane Clown President

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

 Also, if there were a fix or a treatment that involved a common household item, it would have already been found and disseminated.  Period.

This reminds me of a Joe Rogan bit from 15 years ago where he is talking about male enhancement drugs being pitched on late night infomercials.

NSFW

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

The concentration of hypo-chlorite (the active ingredient) in household bleach is pretty low - usually about 5% . Then say a cupful  diluted into a tub is more than another 100:1 and it's probably not strong enough to put enough vapor into the air to be an issue to breath but probably is still enough concentration as an irritant to give a good % of the people dermatitis who bath in it.  More importantly it's pointless. A shower and soap is going to get rid of virus on the surface of your body just as well.

She was claiming some benefit apart from disinfection.  Sounded sketchy to me.  Even kind of dangerous.  Honestly the main reason it came to my attention was that some friends were sharing an occupy democrats FB video of Chris talking about an upcoming series and possible book about how he and his wife beat the virus by unconventional means.  (My friends not sharing it in a critical way.  Trying to be helpful and informative.). So I googled it and found his wife’s blog.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, pfife said:

I can't believe this is the point where we're at.    The vast majority of information the public gets from the federal government are harmful musings from a completely unqualified individual, and fine folks like G2 and Biggs are left to write awesome posts dismantling this nonsense, and people are going to do this **** merely b/c Trump said it.  Companies have to come out and disabuse an entire ******* country of the things that freak says.

And then when they do it, the President's supporters and the anti-anti-Trump crowd will put 100% of the blame on the people for not reading the label on the products, ignoring the fact that having the Presidential bully pulpit (as Trump currently possesses) is a powerful tool in terms of influencing actions, and that the words of the President matter, even if the President is a dumbass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can Mr. Trump demonstrate the flashlight & bleach technique at today's presser?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh. Swallow the flashlight. I thought the right was becoming more progressive. I guess they'd still protest Mapplethorpe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Now my ad banners on the site are for Drano and cleaning products.

Surprised this site even gets ads anymore since our primary driver of ad revenue is gone. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Blue Square Thing said:

Not so much the individual I think.

And Churchill was proper posh. He'd never drop his aitches.

You expect us to believe Winston Churchill was a Spice Girl? ?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Now my ad banners on the site are for Drano and cleaning products.

I'm getting camping gear and left-wing clickbait. 

It used to be right-wing clickbait so they must be running out of money. Or they are protesting the banning of Stan.

I don't camp and we don't talk about camping so I don't get that ad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Motown Sports Blog



×
×
  • Create New...